Kasich to go independent in 2020

Republican John Kasich Says He Can't Support His Own Party Unless It Fixes Itself

Looks like Kasich will go independent and get the Dims elected in 2020.

It became clear over time that Kasich was a Pro-Democrat, Establishment candidate. He stayed in the race when he knew Trump was going to win the Primaries, he stayed, because he assumed Clinton would beat Trump but that Cruz might raise enough money to cause trouble for Clinton. Also, is it possible someone tipped him off to things down the road that were going to ensure Trump lost? Such as Access Hollywood tapes, false allegations from mystery women etc.

It's why CNN was heavily behind Trump their logic the same, a non-politician with a target on his back couldn't beat the money machine of Clinton. They really underestimated Trumps Will to Win obviously as did so many.

How did that work out for Kasich and CNN? In reality, Trump was a FAR better candidate to beat Clinton than Cruz who was too far right The only other candidate who might have beaten Clinton was Rand Paul, and maybe Rubio. In the end, they probably had a tougher climb than Trump who was the unpredictable, businessman the country wanted.

If Kasich is angry I think this is great news for Trump and his supporters. It means Trump is keeping his campaign promises. If he keeps them all, 2020 will be a landslide for Trump. Anti-trade and anti-immigrant? That's one hell of a stretch. Go and tell that to the people in his state who have had their jobs offshored to China, some to Canada for no other reason than Canada PAID them to move the jobs there (just ask GM). 11 Million illegal immigrants and he thinks his party is anti-immigrant. He's poorly informed, or willingly ignorant.

Is Kasich even so sure he would win another election in Ohio?
Republican John Kasich Says He Can't Support His Own Party Unless It Fixes Itself

It became clear over time that Kasich was a Pro-Democrat, Establishment candidate. He stayed in the race when he knew Trump was going to win the Primaries, he stayed, because he assumed Clinton would beat Trump but that Cruz might raise enough money to cause trouble for Clinton. Also, is it possible someone tipped him off to things down the road that were going to ensure Trump lost? Such as Access Hollywood tapes, false allegations from mystery women etc.

It's why CNN was heavily behind Trump their logic the same, a non-politician with a target on his back couldn't beat the money machine of Clinton. They really underestimated Trumps Will to Win obviously as did so many.

How did that work out for Kasich and CNN? In reality, Trump was a FAR better candidate to beat Clinton than Cruz who was too far right The only other candidate who might have beaten Clinton was Rand Paul, and maybe Rubio. In the end, they probably had a tougher climb than Trump who was the unpredictable, businessman the country wanted.

If Kasich is angry I think this is great news for Trump and his supporters. It means Trump is keeping his campaign promises. If he keeps them all, 2020 will be a landslide for Trump. Anti-trade and anti-immigrant? That's one hell of a stretch. Go and tell that to the people in his state who have had their jobs offshored to China, some to Canada for no other reason than Canada PAID them to move the jobs there (just ask GM). 11 Million illegal immigrants and he thinks his party is anti-immigrant. He's poorly informed, or willingly ignorant.

Kasich is very popular in Ohio.
I think he sees a chance to beat Trump assuming he is around in 2020(I doubt it)
As a Independent,right now the Democrats have no one.

Here is what sunk Kasich for me.

What a dolt.

Another RINO douchebag. Kasich should have never been trusted by so many. He was always a fraud.

Kasich is very popular in Ohio.
I think he sees a chance to beat Trump assuming he is around in 2020(I doubt it)
As a Independent,right now the Democrats have no one.

I wouldn't go as far as to say very popular, but he did some really good things and some bad things as Governor in my opinion.

Whatever popularity he had was severely diminished after his run for the nominee. He showed the ugliest side of himself that we Ohioans never seen before. As I stated, he's on his second term so can't run for Governor again, but if he could, I bet he would lose this time.

The more the Trumpsters attack Kasich, the higher the possibility that a unification ticket could work.

No doubt that someone like Hickenlooper or Manchin would cause some squealing from the Democrats, too.

The vast middle in this country has had enough of the embarrassing freak show that the wings have become.

He's too moderate for either of the crazy as shit parties. Good. I hope a lot of sensible people join him and start an Independent Party. Both the majors are ridiculous right now and showing their inability to do their jobs.

Are you really perfect in every way? My missus takes ME fishing, does the house painting and tiling PLUS is a gourmet cook. Plus she's as sweet as a lass can be........are you up to that standard?

Greg

It became clear over time that Kasich was a Pro-Democratic, Establishment candidate. He stayed in the race when he knew Trump was going to win the Primaries if he stayed, because he assumed Clinton would beat Trump but that Cruz might raise enough money to cause trouble for Clinton. Also, is it possible someone tipped him off to things down the road that were going to ensure Trump lost? Such as Access Hollywood tapes, false allegations from mystery women etc.

Kasich is on his second term as Governor so he couldn't run again no matter what.

What Kasich realized is he made his name mud as far as Republican voters were concerned. I don't even know if he could be elected for Congress anymore.

I don't trust anybody that does't stick by their word. He promised he would support whoever the people decided on for the nominee, and then said he refused to support Trump. Kasich is a guy around my age, and we were brought up with the notion that a mans word is as good as a contract.

Afterwards he displayed his petulant behavior by not showing up the the Republican convention held in his very own state. He then ripped Trump on numerous occasions. His latest stupidity was saying in public that Ohio welcomes all immigrants and to send those people here. WTF gave him permission to speak for all of us Ohioans? I certainly don't want those people here!

In Ohio we have sanctuary cities that conservatives would like to see neutralized. Kasich didn't make one effort or comment about doing such a thing. He's actually for them I believe.

So if Kasich wants to go, it could only better the Republican party. He's a liar, a person that doesn't stand by his word, a man of no integrity, or in other words, a typical Democrat.
wow and oh so right. He didn't learn a thing from his last big big defeat.

He's too moderate for either of the crazy as shit parties. Good. I hope a lot of sensible people join him and start an Independent Party. Both the majors are ridiculous right now and showing their inability to do their jobs.

Are you really perfect in every way? My missus takes ME fishing, does the house painting and tiling PLUS is a gourmet cook. Plus she's as sweet as a lass can be........are you up to that standard?

Greg
yes yes I am (g)

Why does Kasich get so much grief from the Right that he'd become an Independent?

Isn't the Right heavily populated with proud conservative Independents whose pride comes from being non-affiliated with the GOP?

Why does Kasich get so much grief from the Right that he'd become an Independent?

Isn't the Right heavily populated with proud conservative Independents whose pride comes from being non-affiliated with the GOP?
Kasich gave himself a beautiful send off last time and then fell like a bomb. Kasich likes Kasich

Kasich isn't the one you think of as being great when you think of Ohio. It's Lou Holtz from East Liverpool Ohio He is the best. If he weren't so old he would be good in politics. He went over the hill though. Getting way up there Still cute as a button

Look at his vote count in other states from last time. He obviously can't win anything

Forum List

Back