Kasich comes clean on Global Warming

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
I wonder if the recall has something to do with Kasich's flip, or if somone gave this dumbass a whiff of smelling salts? In any event, welcome to the real world John.

By Stephen Lacey on Apr 10, 2012

Speaking to a group of Republican political donors last week, Ohio’s conservative Governor John Kasich called for action on climate change, saying he was “all for” developing clean energy

At a time when climate change denial has become a de facto national platform for the Republican party, Kasich’s comments are a notable break from GOP rhetoric. The Columbus Dispatch reported on his statement to fellow Republicans:
“This isn’t popular to always say, but I believe there is a problem with climates, climate change in the atmosphere,” Kasich told a Ross County Republican function on Thursday. “I believe it. I don’t know how much there is, but I also know the good Lord wants us to be good stewards of his creation. And so, at the end of the day, if we can find these breakthroughs to help us have a cleaner environment, I’m all for it.”
Kasich’s comments came during a talk about his “all-of-the-above” energy plan. However, that plan, which does support efficiency, wind and solar, still relies heavily on fossil fuels — particularly coal and shale gas.

Meanwhile, scientists warn that we are hitting tipping points that could soon force unstoppable global warming. Given this reality, squaring aggressive support for fossil fuels with the need to address climate change is virtually impossible.

The fact that Kasich’s comments are “news” shows how dramatically Republicans have turned around on climate change. Mitt Romney, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, once said that “now is the time to take action toward climate protection” and called for a “no regrets” approach to dealing with the problem.

Today, Romney says “we don’t know” whether humans are causing climate change — even though97% of climate scientists actively publishing in the field say human influence is the primary driver of a warming planet.

Anybody that has read this board for more than a week realizes that Frankie Boy is not to be taken seriously. How's the hollow moon coming, Frankie?

Anybody that has read this board for more than a week realizes that Frankie Boy is not to be taken seriously. How's the hollow moon coming, Frankie?

It must be where you're hiding those lab experiments showing us how a .01% in Earth atmosphere spawns hurricanes, tornadoes, acidifies the oceans and causes "Global warming"

People who use the phrase "fossil fuels" are not to be taken seriously

Oops!---did you just say "fossil fuels"? okeydoke

Just to be clear -- are you referring to John Kasich's "all of the above" energy strategy, or are you referring to Mitt Romney's -pledge- to slow global warming via cap & trade for all fossil fuels and raising the price of gasoline to discourage consumption?

I wonder if the recall has something to do with Kasich's flip, or if somone gave this dumbass a whiff of smelling salts? In any event, welcome to the real world John.

Speaking to a group of Republican political donors last week, Ohio’s conservative Governor John Kasich called for action on climate change, saying he was “all for” developing clean energy

At a time when climate change denial has become a de facto national platform for the Republican party, Kasich’s comments are a notable break from GOP rhetoric. The Columbus Dispatch reported on his statement to fellow Republicans:
“This isn’t popular to always say, but I believe there is a problem with climates, climate change in the atmosphere,” Kasich told a Ross County Republican function on Thursday. “I believe it. I don’t know how much there is, but I also know the good Lord wants us to be good stewards of his creation. And so, at the end of the day, if we can find these breakthroughs to help us have a cleaner environment, I’m all for it.”
Kasich’s comments came during a talk about his “all-of-the-above” energy plan. However, that plan, which does support efficiency, wind and solar, still relies heavily on fossil fuels — particularly coal and shale gas.

Meanwhile, scientists warn that we are hitting tipping points that could soon force unstoppable global warming. Given this reality, squaring aggressive support for fossil fuels with the need to address climate change is virtually impossible.

The fact that Kasich’s comments are “news” shows how dramatically Republicans have turned around on climate change. Mitt Romney, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, once said that “now is the time to take action toward climate protection” and called for a “no regrets” approach to dealing with the problem.

Today, Romney says “we don’t know” whether humans are causing climate change — even though97% of climate scientists actively publishing in the field say human influence is the primary driver of a warming planet.

Seems the jury is still out.

NASA Global Warming Stance Blasted By 49 Astronauts, Scientists Who Once Worked At Agency

People who use the phrase "fossil fuels" are not to be taken seriously

Oops!---did you just say "fossil fuels"? okeydoke

Just to be clear -- are you referring to John Kasich's "all of the above" energy strategy, or are you referring to Mitt Romney's -pledge- to slow global warming via cap & trade for all fossil fuels and raising the price of gasoline to discourage consumption?

All of the above. They labor under the misconception that Earth based hydrocarbons can only be formed from pressure cooked velicoraptors

NASA Global Warming Stance Blasted By 49 Astronauts, Scientists Who Once Worked At Agency

Utter bullshit.

Virtually every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University states that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. That is a strong of a scientific consensus on any subject as you are going to get.

Utter bullshit.

Virtually every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University states that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. That is a strong of a scientific consensus on any subject as you are going to get.

consensus =/= real science

Utter bullshit.

The consensus at USMB is that you are a moron. I guess that makes it official.

Utter bullshit.

The consensus at USMB is that you are a moron. I guess that makes it official.

Your statement is, on it's face, is wrong. Scientific consensus and political consensus are:
<snip> So a consensus in science is different from a political one. There is no vote. Scientists just give up arguing because the sheer weight of consistent evidence is too compelling, the tide too strong to swim against any longer. Scientists change their minds on the basis of the evidence, and a consensus emerges over time. Not only do scientists stop arguing, they also start relying on each other's work. All science depends on that which precedes it, and when one scientist builds on the work of another, he acknowledges the work of others through citations. The work that forms the foundation of climate change science is cited with great frequency by many other scientists, demonstrating that the theory is widely accepted - and relied upon.

In the scientific field of climate studies – which is informed by many different disciplines – the consensus is demonstrated by the number of scientists who have stopped arguing about what is causing climate change – and that’s nearly all of them. A survey of all peer-reviewed abstracts on the subject 'global climate change' published between 1993 and 2003 shows that not a single paper rejected the consensus position that global warming is man caused. 75% of the papers agreed with the consensus position while 25% made no comment either way, focusing on methods or paleoclimate analysis (Oreskes 2004).

Several subsequent studies confirm that “...the debate on the authenticity of global warming and the role played by human activity is largely nonexistent among those who understand the nuances and scientific basis of long-term climate processes”. (Doran 2009). In other words, more than 95% of scientists working in the disciplines contributing to studies of our climate, accept that climate change is almost certainly being caused by human activities.

We should also consider official scientific bodies and what they think about climate change. There are no national or major scientific institutions anywhere in the world that dispute the theory of anthropogenic climate change. Not one.

In the field of climate science, the consensus is unequivocal: human activities are causing climate change.

It must be where you're hiding those lab experiments showing us how a .01% in Earth atmosphere spawns hurricanes, tornadoes, acidifies the oceans and causes "Global warming"

it's in Area 51!!!!!!!! Bush is such a mastermind, Katrina was his greatest achievement.

thinkprogress folks, nuff said

and who the hell is against a clean environment or alternative energy?

good grief..Is this suppose to be some earth shattering thread about Kasich?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back