Karzai Contemplating Taliban Over Obama's Government

When Bush showed up, the Afghans slaughtered all of the Arabs, and the Taliban ran for the hills. Now, the Taliban are back thanks to Obama's drug war and corrupt government alternative for the Afghans. I figure the Arabs will be moving back soon too. Thanks Obama.

The Taliban is back because Bush did not finish the job, moron.

The pres pulled out helicopter and special ops units needed for the unique warfare operations in that part of the world.

Sure, try running that argument past the American people, and then watch yourself get pasted into the ground this fall.

Don't forget........Bush Jr. is the one that put that fucker in power in the first place.

What was your role in Afghanistan, opium tester?

For six months I was a reconnaissance platoon leader, which also entailed being in charge of the snipers.

For six months, I was the battalion civil military affairs officer, which entailed building schools, clinics, wells, etc.

So I saw both ends of our tactical approach to interdict the Taliban.

That's my perspective.

You obviously know less about Afghanistan than our Troll of the Day.... Titanic Sailor

Notice the subtle use of the word "ewe" for "you"....impressive, isn't it?

Ahh, Obama's neocommunist lives: Right Winger.

Taking a break from gargling Obam's nutsack RW?

Karzai is going to sign a power-sharing deal with the Taliban in the end. That's just my opinion anyway. Then he can really tell the British & Americans to "F*ck Off." What will all the sacrifice in lives & treasure mean when the Taliban actually gain in power rather than losing it? Something to ponder i guess.

I agree with you. The bottom line is that the Taliban is still a popular movement in Afghanistan that represents the sentiment of a certain demographic. They were not "outlawed" from participating in the '04 elections and the Taliban fielded candidates.

I think it's astute for Karzai to try an dbring them into the fold and "reconciliation" has been going on for a long, long time. Most people in this country really have no idea of what has been going on in Afghansitan and stumble upon this stuff and flip out.

I doubt Karzai will tell us to fuck off. There has been a constant and inevitable wrangling between Karzai and US forces over who calls the shots on certain manners. We almost always defer to the Afghans.

I agree it's time to get out of there, just not for the reasons that have been articulated on this thread.

Good points. I have to agree with you that Karzai wont be able to give the British and U.S. the boot completely. He still needs their cash. He will do what most countries do when taking our cash. He will tell us to mind our own business while enjoying our cash-flow. These countries always want it both ways. They want to take our cash but they also want us to stay out of their business. This is the whole problem with Foreign Aid in my opinion. We buy these Governments and then feel that we have the right to meddle. It makes sense i guess but it ends up being a vicious circle in the end. I really would like to see our Government debate Foreign Aid more openly & publicly. These deals always seem to be done in secret. More transparency is definitely needed on this issue.

Last edited:
I have zero issue with your service, just your defeatist agenda and views.

Our poor are increasing, and will increase here at home. I encourage everyone to visit Detroit so they can see what Afghanistan looks like first hand.

;)

Go build something here state side, whoops, no money left, Obama spent it on protecting government and paying off the insurance, drug, hospital, and government industries..............

Go build something here state side, whoops, no money left, Obama spent it on protecting government and paying off the insurance, drug, hospital, and government industries..............

Hey.......Titanic Failure...........know why there is no money left?

Remember at the beginning of the Iraq war? Bush Jr and RumsFAILED said that the war would be quick, we'd be greeted as liberators, and the money we'd save in oil revenues would pay for the war?

Then...........remember how the Iraq war was LEFT OFF THE BUDGET?

Try again idiot.

Bush sucked, is that your excuse for sucking like Bush or worse than Bush?

Impressive.

Look everyone!

Titanic manage a full sentence without the word "ewe" in it

Aren't we all proud of our Titanic?

Considering the fucked up bullshit that he put in place prior to Obama getting there, yeah.

Bush had 6 years to fuck it up. Obama's only had a year to try to pull it outta the sewer.

Like I said Titanic Failure, try again.

I remember Obama's first big lie that we would be out of Iraq yesterday. How's that going anyways? Hell, is there any promise Obama HAS kept?

Hope and change? We were a better nation under Bush, at least he had bipartisan support. The bipartisan support is against Obama. Every move by Obama has been against public opinion. Democrats, the Party of Fuck EWE!

;)

No, ramping up Afghanistan to go fight a drug war and lose the fight and their people is a fantastic idea. Go for it. They went from backing us to hating us under Obama, great. I warned a long time ago Obama would lose these wars, I had no idea he would be so neocommunist in doing so.

Brilliant!!!

I remember Obama's first big lie that we would be out of Iraq yesterday. How's that going anyways? Hell, is there any promise Obama HAS kept?

Hope and change? We were a better nation under Bush, at least he had bipartisan support. The bipartisan support is against Obama. Every move by Obama has been against public opinion. Democrats, the Party of Fuck EWE!

;)

Actually, it's out of Iraq by June of 2011.

He also stated that he would get a health care bill passed.

Better nation under Bush Jr.? Really? Got actual proof of that, or just more rhetoric and bullshit?

Where were you? In a closet praying for hopey changey and to be sold out to the healthcare industry?

one out of two wasn't bad.

;)

;)

Obama never claimed he pull the troops out of Iraq immediately during his campaign. That would have been reckless and even I wouldn't have supported that (I have opposed virtually every facet of our participation in Iraq, to include the "surge"). For all practical purposes, our troops will be out by 2010, under the time line Bush established when he realized that Obama was going to win the election (smart move on his part).

"Better off under Bush" my ass.

Ahh, so the Bush plan for Iraq is still on schedule. Why didn't Obama say so............

Ahh, so the Bush plan for Iraq is still on schedule. Why didn't Obama say so............

Oh chit,i'm cracking up. All the Hopey Changeys against one lone wolf Titanic Sailor and it really is a mismatch. He's annihilating them. Yet they keep coming back for more. Gluttons for punishment i guess. Probably the most entertainment i've ever seen on this board. WTG Titanic! :)

Forum List

Back