DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
I'm sure your saying "Hey Fury? Karma in the garage?

Well it all started like this....... I had been looking for a second car because my lifted 4x4 can be a pain in this ass to drive in town. So I had been searching the net for months trying to find something I wanted and I thought I had. An 82 Eldorado.

So I drive 130 miles ONE WAY to go see this car and arrange for its shipping. I get there and the salesman says its sitting on the "back lot", okay no problem. The grass around the car was a foot tall {NOT a good sign} and BOTH rear tires were flat! This is simply NOT working for me. So I got ready to drive the 130 miles ONE WAY back and then....

On the way back I stopped at a rib joint in a town called Wikiup. And while I was eating some idiot backed into my truck so hard it bent the bumper and squashed my left front fender. My truck stands 7 feet 11 inches at the TOP of the cab. How in the hell do you miss that? I had to beat the front of the wheel well in so I could turn it left and right.

I wound up with a 96 Explorer that I bought in town not 500 feet from me with new tires and mags. Total cost to view a pile of shit?
Fender......159 from LMC
Bumper......229 from LMC
Fuel used..70 dollars
Time WASTED 7 hours.

So what's YOUR car story?
Fury

If you were going to actually SHIP a car 130 miles instead of simply driving it --- you deserve a repair bill.

Why didn't you get pictures before going out there? Duh?

Seventy bucks to go 130 miles :rofl: That much will take me from here to Canada.

• Banned
If you were going to actually SHIP a car 130 miles instead of simply driving it --- you deserve a repair bill.

Seventy bucks to go 130 miles :rofl: That much will take me from here to Canada.
They DID send me pictures but the pictures LIED. Shipping is easier.

"Shipping is easier" --- for 130 miles. :disbelief:

You were THERE. All you had to do is get a ride out, and drive IT back. Which would also serve as a test drive. Have car trouble on the way? Your driver is right there with you. Don't take the car? Ride back with your driver. Car rides fine? You're home with it. No matter what happens, you're covered.

Not exactly rocket surgery.

:banghead:

Well it all started like this....... I had been looking for a second car because my lifted 4x4 can be a pain in this ass to drive in town. So I had been searching the net for months trying to find something I wanted and I thought I had. An 82 Eldorado.

So I drive 130 miles ONE WAY to go see this car and arrange for its shipping. I get there and the salesman says its sitting on the "back lot", okay no problem. The grass around the car was a foot tall {NOT a good sign} and BOTH rear tires were flat! This is simply NOT working for me. So I got ready to drive the 130 miles ONE WAY back and then....

On the way back I stopped at a rib joint in a town called Wikiup. And while I was eating some idiot backed into my truck so hard it bent the bumper and squashed my left front fender. My truck stands 7 feet 11 inches at the TOP of the cab. How in the hell do you miss that? I had to beat the front of the wheel well in so I could turn it left and right.

I wound up with a 96 Explorer that I bought in town not 500 feet from me with new tires and mags. Total cost to view a pile of shit?
Fender......159 from LMC
Bumper......229 from LMC
Fuel used..70 dollars
Time WASTED 7 hours.

Fury

/---- You made that trip to see a 34 year old gas guzzling tank? And you're surprised it turned out to be a nightmare? LOL. Hope the Explorer works out for you.

• Banned

You were THERE. All you had to do is get a ride out, and drive IT back. Which would also serve as a test drive. Have car trouble on the way? Your driver is right there with you. Don't take the car? Ride back with your driver. Car rides fine? You're home with it. No matter what happens, you're covered.

I HAD someone with me, the car was NOT ready. Do YOU buy cars with TWO flat tires?

• Banned

Fender......159 from LMC
Bumper......229 from LMC
Fuel used..70 dollars
Time WASTED 7 hours.

Fury

/---- You made that trip to see a 34 year old gas guzzling tank? And you're surprised it turned out to be a nightmare? LOL. Hope the Explorer works out for you.
I had a 75 with 501 cubes. I like cubes and luxury.

I HAD someone with me, the car was NOT ready. Do YOU buy cars with TWO flat tires?

Hell no. BUT assuming the car had been OK, why in the world would you not drive it immediately --- instead of having it shipped (FAR more expensive) and THEN after it's been shipped, finding out its fuel pump leaks?

Makes no sense.

Hell no. BUT assuming the car had been OK, why in the world would you not drive it immediately --- instead of having it shipped (FAR more expensive) and THEN after it's been shipped, finding out its fuel pump leaks?

Makes no sense.
You start the car and you test drive it. Then you ship it. Because by LAW here it HAS to be titled AND insured BEFORE it goes on the road.

Probably...he isn't all that bright.

Makes no sense.
You start the car and you test drive it. Then you ship it. Because by LAW here it HAS to be titled AND insured BEFORE it goes on the road.

And how much time does it take YOU to do that? :gay:

Probably...he isn't all that bright.

I ain't stoopid enough to travel to a car and then SHIP it instead of actually driving it now am I? :banghead:

I'm sure you might be the one driving an unregistered car with no insurance.

Nope.

214-boi here would have us believe he found the one car dealer who can't come up with a temp tag. And also apparently isn't bright enough to use a phone, a unique device with which I can call my ins co and add or subtract a car in two minutes.

Nope.

214-boi here would have us believe he found the one car dealer who can't come up with a temp tag. And also apparently isn't bright enough to use a phone, a unique device with which I can call my ins co and add or subtract a car in two minutes.
The car goes to Firestone where it gets new brakes and possibly new tires. It then goes to the detailer for about three days where the interior the exterior and engine compartment get fully done. THEN I drive it.

Nope.

Not all states even OFFER temp tags.

Nope.

The car goes to Firestone where it gets new brakes and possibly new tires. It then goes to the detailer for about three days where the interior the exterior and engine compartment get fully done. THEN I drive it.

SMH............ Dood It's a *CAR*. Its whole PURPOSE is to drive. If yer gonna actually invest money in it, exactly how dense do you have to be to not take the first opportunity to get to know its condition immediately? On what planet would you want to AVOID knowing that???

Ai yi yi :banghead: 214.... 214....

Forum List

Back