If you plant apple seeds you will grow an apple tree, not an oak tree. You won't grow an apple tree out of reward or punishment.
Shouldn't your name be more like High Dancer?

We are talking about brutal vicious animals, you can't just sprinkle some magic Budda fairy dust on this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gpUvGKVUxU&feature=fvwrel]The story of Dylan groene - YouTube[/ame]

I want people who behave like brutal, vicious, animals locked up for the rest of their lives.

No, I don't believe in reincarnation, I do believe in rebirth. Reincarnation is the idea that the personality transfers from lifetime to lifetime, say, the person who thinks they were Marie Antoinette in a past life. I don't believe in that.

What goes from life to life is consciousness and karma. JMO.

Thanks for answering the question.

With that said, how does that belief square against Christian faith? And can you expound on that statement..."life to life.?"

No, I don't believe in reincarnation, I do believe in rebirth. Reincarnation is the idea that the personality transfers from lifetime to lifetime, say, the person who thinks they were Marie Antoinette in a past life. I don't believe in that.

What goes from life to life is consciousness and karma. JMO.

Thanks for answering the question.

With that said, how does that belief square against Christian faith? And can you expound on that statement..."life to life.?"

Against the Christian faith? Christianity is into eternalism. Eternal life in heaven and eternal damnation in hell.

Impermanence is a spiritual law in Buddhism. There is no eternal heaven or hell, there are temporary god realms or hell realms one can be born into until one's karma is purified.

All beings will eventually become buddhas. That is as different from Christianity as can be.

Christianity has no teachings on emptiness, which inform some of the other Buddhist teachings that Christians and non-Buddhists confuse.

For example, non-buddhists think that meditational deities are gods. They are merely symbolic representations of states of consciousness that are achievable in meditation. We don't visualize meditational deities with the idea that they are solid, "real", or some such usual idea that most people have about existence.

I hope this explanation helps.

sky

New Topics

Forum List

Back