karma and rape

nuka.kola

Rookie
Aug 9, 2018
if some of you dont know what karma is. it is from a buddhist religion referring to a universal law that everything a person does has bad consequence to the doer. this karma concept is embraced by christians as well. throughout the long history of humanity in wars and conquests rape was a part of it. muslims and europeans invaded other countries and raped their women, in world war 2 this happened with japan invading china and raping their women. recent ones which come to mind are iraq invasion where american forces raped iraqi women. judaism and islam officially sanction rape in wars.

what karma would the nations and religions which have committed these crimes suffer because they seem to be doing well, muslim nations have become well off and european and america has become only richer after iraq invasion.

in the long history of humanity when did rape came to be considered a crime?

There are some truly evil people that died quietly in their comfortable beds after a very long life. I don't believe in karma.

Karma is a fallacious philosophy. For if bad acts are repaid in kind; then so too would good acts be.
Not everyone who has bad things happen to them, deserves it. Nor does everyone whom has good fortune befall them, done anything to deserve it.

if some of you dont know what karma is. it is from a buddhist religion referring to a universal law that everything a person does has bad consequence to the doer. this karma concept is embraced by christians as well. throughout the long history of humanity in wars and conquests rape was a part of it. muslims and europeans invaded other countries and raped their women, in world war 2 this happened with japan invading china and raping their women. recent ones which come to mind are iraq invasion where american forces raped iraqi women. judaism and islam officially sanction rape in wars.

what karma would the nations and religions which have committed these crimes suffer because they seem to be doing well, muslim nations have become well off and european and america has become only richer after iraq invasion.

When did rape come to be considered a crime? When was it not considered a crime? It is a crime in the Old Testament.

• Banned

When did rape come to be considered a crime? When was it not considered a crime? It is a crime in the Old Testament.

there are many instance in judaism, islam where rape is sanctioned but despite that they haven't suffered any consequences.

my original thread which was deleted had the title a case for decriminalizing of rape of women, its post contained something similar to what i reproduced below as it was deleted and i didn't have a draft i can't remember it clearly.

if i understood correctly rape as a crime was invented to give justice to the male relatives of the woman raped. rape was conceived as a crime against the man who owned some women like his daughter, mother wife. this was created by other men because of their collective fear and sympathizing with the possessiveness of man who owned women. rape at that time meant having sex with a woman without the permission of her father, brother. punishment for rape was meant to give revenge and deter other men from attacking a man by raping his women. there was also family honor involved and women were seen as carriers of it, so raping a woman at that time was an attack on the family and the man. at the core of conceiving rape as a crime is the sympathy for mens sexual possessiveness without it rape doesn't have any meaning. treating it as a societal crime rape was originally meant to give a sense of security to other men. as it was originally conceived sympathizing with sexual possessiveness of men and not keeping in mind women's possible injury from an act of sex against her will. why should rape in modern times remain criminalized? when women themselves are causing affront to men's sexual possessiveness of the man who owns them why should any man still give respect and refrain from raping?

there are many instance in judaism, islam where rape is sanctioned but despite that they haven't suffered any consequences.

my original thread which was deleted had the title a case for decriminalizing of rape of women, its post contained something similar to what i reproduced below as it was deleted and i didn't have a draft i can't remember it clearly.

if i understood correctly rape as a crime was invented to give justice to the male relatives of the woman raped. rape was conceived as a crime against the man who owned some women like his daughter, mother wife. this was created by other men because of their collective fear and sympathizing with the possessiveness of man who owned women. rape at that time meant having sex with a woman without the permission of her father, brother. punishment for rape was meant to give revenge and deter other men from attacking a man by raping his women. there was also family honor involved and women were seen as carriers of it, so raping a woman at that time was an attack on the family and the man. at the core of conceiving rape as a crime is the sympathy for mens sexual possessiveness without it rape doesn't have any meaning. treating it as a societal crime rape was originally meant to give a sense of security to other men. as it was originally conceived sympathizing with sexual possessiveness of men and not keeping in mind women's possible injury from an act of sex against her will. why should rape in modern times remain criminalized? when women themselves are causing affront to men's sexual possessiveness of the man who owns them why should any man still give respect and refrain from raping?

Decriminalizing rape of women? No. Just no.

But let me ask you, why only decriminalize the rape of women?

• Banned

why no?

because rape as a crime was conceived sympathizing with mens sexual possessiveness and that sexual possessiveness is no longer respected by women. rape usually happens against women although i realize happens against men too. but men are not sexually attracted towards other men as they are towards other women, this lack of attraction makes it torture when men are raped.

That's it. I'm taking back the donuts right now.

why no?

because rape as a crime was conceived sympathizing with mens sexual possessiveness and that sexual possessiveness is no longer respected by women. rape usually happens against women although i realize happens against men too. but men are not sexually attracted towards other men as they are towards other women, this lack of attraction makes it torture when men are raped.

Anyone who rapes anyone is one of the lowest forms of life.

There is no justification for raping a woman (or a man).

why no?

that doesn't answer my question why should men refrain when women themselves are causing affront to sexual possessiveness of men who own them.

karma (noun) (Hinduism and Buddhism) the effects of a person's actions that determine their fate in this life and the next incarnation.

One could ascribe the philosophy of karma to an amalgamation of many smaller conditional parts as determinate conditions for the truth or efficacy of the whole concept. Personal responsibility, conscience, fear of consequence, adherence to social and cultural norms and/or taboos, aptitude for self-justification and heat of the moment extreme emotion all count certainly as conditional parts of the karmic concept from point of view of the actor or doer.

"What comes around goes around", while often true in the sense or context of "look hard enough you will find it", is also a matter of playing the percentages. How many times can one get away with a given crime? Why should one commit said crime in the first place. And if one commits the crime why then should one expect to get away with it without consequence? Karma, in its most strict ideological adherence, seems to be both an internal and external "force"--almost a self-fulfilling prophecy if one believes hard enough it the "cosmic" wheel of justice.

But what then about good karma? Does no good deed go unpunished? There's just no gratitude in the world? If good karma is reward for good deeds could its expectation not lend itself to a predisposition for doing good only to "earn" good in return? Where doing bad with full belief in karmic bad as result seems like defiance of one's own thought process.

If karma exists it almost certainly cannot be a collective force and must certainly be a force acting on the individual life. Rape as a weapon of war in ancient times happened because soldiers obeyed their commander's orders and sought personal vengeance or satisfaction in the extreme heat of war. If rape ever happened as a national policy, it was certainly a policy capable of bringing down the government who enacted and enforced it. Men who raped in war certainly payed a karmic price in anguish (if good men they ever were) once the fog and intensity of battle began to wear off.

Rape, in my opinion, has always been a grievous crime against the person from the rape victim's point of view. Do you believe any other view but the victim's counts in the dark light of being physically assaulted? What is difficult to discern from your post is whether or not you are submitting that rape is the fault of the victim as some form of karmic backlash for defiance of the men in their lives, and a comparison between that and the karmic backlash owed to perpetrators of rape, collectively, individually and perhaps as some bygone policy? If such is the case I can only assure you that here, in modern day America, rape is never excused as the victim's fault--at least never as official criminal code state or federal.

Personally, I believe it is equal in amorality to murder.

why no?

that doesn't answer my question why should men refrain when women themselves are causing affront to sexual possessiveness of men who own them.

What a disgusting, perverted little freak. Good riddance.

why no?

He said in his Intro thread that he was here to spread mischief.

why no?

What he said in his private message to me went beyond mischief. And I am pretty open minded. Plus he was an impatient little prick.

why no?

What he said in his private message to me went beyond mischief. And I am pretty open minded. Plus he was an impatient little prick.
bones came upstairs to welcome him, so I know he was a sock.
Glad he's outta here; nothing amusing about this topic, for sure.

Forum List

Back