Karl Rove thinks the Polls are Skewed...

...in 2006,

and the Republicans will hold the Senate and the House!!!!!!!!!!!!

this, people, is what skew-mania looked like the last time we saw it:

Washington, D.C.; October 24, 2006 -

Karl Rove, White House Deputy Chief of Staff and President Bush's chief strategist, says he doesn't believe the public polls that claim the Republicans are likely to lose the House and possibly the Senate on Election Day. Rather, he explains in an interview with Robert Siegel airing today on NPR's All Things Considered today, he's looking at other polls that combined with the Republicans large financial advantage over the Democrats, could point to a Republican victory.

ROVE: No, you are not. I'm looking at 68 polls a week for candidates for the US House and US Senate, and Governor and you may be looking at 4-5 public polls a week that talk attitudes nationally.

SIEGEL: I don't want to have you to call races...

ROVE: I'm looking at all of these Robert and adding them up. I add up to a Republican Senate and Republican House. You may end up with a different math but you are entitled to your math and I'm entitled to THE math.

...the best line of the whole article is the last one above.

LINK:

KARL ROVE ON WHY HE BELIEVES THE REPUBLICANS WILL KEEP THE HOUSE AND SENATE DESPITE POLLS TO THE CONTRARY IN AN INTERVIEW AIRING TODAY ON NPR’S ALL THINGS CONSIDERED

Posted lest any normal people out there are suffering any worries over whether or not this skewed polls hysteria on the Right is by any chance onto something.

It's not.

This is rightwing lunacy, and it's not even new rightwing lunacy.

Do you believe democratics will show up D+10 on election day?

Bull shit.

Bull shit.

Try again?

Maybe use a link to back up your CRAP?

>Asks for proof

>Spams a neg before I can go fetch proof

> Posts 10+ links as proof.

007, you dropped this.

Oh I'm sorry little guy... did you get negged? Aaaaawww... let's all have a pity party for little nittie... AAAAAAAWWWWW....
crying-022.gif

Now, aside from all your left wing, hackery sites and their trumped up lies and distortions about photo ID requirements to vote, that's not even what this thread is about shit for brains. This thread is about leftist obama worshipers skewing polls by oversampling democrats and using fuzzy math, which I PROVED THEY HAVE BEEN DOING.

Chew on that ya fucking pathetic little cry baby.

No you havent.

And appreantly you didn't even bother reading them. Instead, you prejudicialy dismissed them and claimed that you proven how "leftist obama worshipers skewing polls by oversampling democrats and using fuzzy math", in which you didn't.

If you would have actually read and not acted like a whiny little bitch, you would see that there were some right winged links in there, too.

:fu:

LEFTIST IDIOTS --------------------
hahaha-024.gif
What have you done for the country?

Name a bill you voted in that benefited average American's.

Name one thing you did for the country. Just one!

"You" or republicans in general?

Off the top of my head I can think of many things that George W. Bush did that were beneficial to the average American.

-No child left behind.
-Designated a huge region near Hawaii as a protected underwater park.
-Tax cuts benefitted the working poor.
-Prescription drug benefit for seniors.

the NCLB just raised standards, not improved the quality of education.

Most polls are skewed.

Here in PA a college ran a poll that put obama up by 20 points.

When questioned, they confessed to polling South East PA.

in other words, they called people in Philly

Rove is right--the national polls are over sampling democrats to republicans--and completely leaving out independents.

Here is CNN's recent poll showing Obama leading Romney by 6 points.

CNN is grabbing political headlines tonight with the release of its latest poll. It shows Obama surging to a 6-point lead over Romney, 52-46, among likely. Before the start of the Democrat convention, the candidates had been tied in the poll. Since it purportedly confirms a narrative the media is trying to build, i.e. that Obama is starting to pull away with the race, it is getting wide coverage. However, there are a couple of strange things within the poll that cast doubt on its veracity. And, at least one concern warrants a response from CNN.

First, this being a media poll, it has an obvious skew towards Democrats. The partisan breakdown is (D/R/I) 50/45/5. It perhaps isn’t surprising that Obama is leading a D+5 poll by 6 points. Throughout the campaign season, Obama’s margin usually is very close to the partisan skew in the sample. It is surprising, though, that Independents make up only 5% of the sample. Tellingly, Romney leads this group by 14 points.
CNN manipulated their polling | Education News

The reason this is happening is because the Obama administration threatened to sue GALLOP for trying to use 2010 turn-out when democrats got an historic 75 year ass kicking across this nation. So what all polling data is using is 2008 voter turnout to base their polls on--or back to 2004 exit polling data that showed John Kerry defeating G.W. Bush--LOL

Internal emails between senior officials at The Gallup Organization, obtained by The Daily Caller, show senior Obama campaign adviser David Axelrod attempting to subtly intimidate the respected polling firm when its numbers were unfavorable to the president.

After Gallup declined to change its polling methodology, Obama’s Department of Justice hit it with an unrelated lawsuit that appears damning on its face.

The DC is withholding the identities of the Gallup officials to protect them from potential retaliation from Obama’s campaign and his administration.

In April, Axelrod tweeted that a poll showing Mitt Romney with a 48-43 percent lead over Obama was “saddled with some methodological problems,” directing his Twitter followers to read a National Journal story criticizing Gallup polls showing a Romney lead.

In that National Journal piece, Ron Brownstein wrote that the polls showing Romney leading the president had “a sample that looks much more like the electorate in 2010 than the voting population that is likely to turn out in 2012.”
Dateline.. Team Obama threatens to sue Gallop Polling to get them to change their methodology to make Oscumbo look better.. And there are many here who wonder why I call him Oscumbo..

Then we go into Quinnipac that showed a huge lead for Obama in the swing states 2 days ago:

Yesterday Quinnipac released several swing state polls showing Obama ahead in every one of them--again by over-polling democrats to republicans and only adding a 1% sample of Independents.

Jammie Wearing catches the NY Times/Quinnipiac poll dramatically skewing the methodology of the poll to strongly over-sample Democrats with a sample of only 1% independents.

So Obama is up 9 in Florida with a D+9 sample, up 10 in Ohio with a D+9 sample and up 12 in Pennsylvania with a D+11 sample. I notice in all the orgasmic news reports this morning none of them mention the ridiculous skew to the polls. But all you will hear all day is how big a lead Obama has.
Never trust a word they say: NY Times, Quinnipiac skew polling in attempt to depress turnout of voters frustrated with the failures of Obamanomics « Bob Owens

So if you unskew these state polls you get something a little more realistic--but keep in mind that the below chart still does not include any more than a 1% sampling of Independents who Romney is leading with by 15 points.
James Carville Poll Panics Dems: Romney Leads By 15 Points Among Independents « Pat Dollard

13548d1348808521-skewed-swing-state-polls-unskewed-showing-romney-leading-tied-swing-states-6d513062f564cfdad717aa57cac059de.jpg

So in essence the national polls are assuming that those who voted in 2010 won't show up and neither will Independents--and that the same amount of people who voted for Obama will show up in 2012 to vote for him again.---

"Barack Obama is the greatest HOAX ever perpetrated on the American population"--Clint Eastwood

Last edited:
...in 2006,

Karl Rove, White House Deputy Chief of Staff and President Bush's chief strategist, says he doesn't believe the public polls that claim the Republicans are likely to lose the House and possibly the Senate on Election Day. Rather, he explains in an interview with Robert Siegel airing today on NPR's All Things Considered today, he's looking at other polls that combined with the Republicans large financial advantage over the Democrats, could point to a Republican victory.

ROVE: No, you are not. I'm looking at 68 polls a week for candidates for the US House and US Senate, and Governor and you may be looking at 4-5 public polls a week that talk attitudes nationally.

ROVE: I'm looking at all of these Robert and adding them up. I add up to a Republican Senate and Republican House. You may end up with a different math but you are entitled to your math and I'm entitled to THE math.

LINK:

KARL ROVE ON WHY HE BELIEVES THE REPUBLICANS WILL KEEP THE HOUSE AND SENATE DESPITE POLLS TO THE CONTRARY IN AN INTERVIEW AIRING TODAY ON NPR’S ALL THINGS CONSIDERED

Posted lest any normal people out there are suffering any worries over whether or not this skewed polls hysteria on the Right is by any chance onto something.

It's not.

Do you believe democratics will show up D+10 on election day?

Why would they? If random polling gets D +10 that's not the pollster's fault.

Again, the Foxnews poll was D +4, Obama ahead by 5, and Obama ahead by 4 with Independents.

Do you know what happens if D's and R's show up in equal numbers and Obama wins the Independents?

Take a guess.

Let's see... Rove, who got Bush (who according to the left was the dumbest man alive)...elected TWICE!

But we should believe some guy from NPR and NY Carbineer.

And what's so funny about the last line? He meant the way he "adds it up". :cool: You really aren't as bright as you give yourself credit for. :razz:

Thread grade: FAIL! :poop:

It's a transcript of Rove, as in, quoted verbatim. Can't you read?

More being obtuse, I see. Yeah I can see. Can you read his mind as to what he meant? Do you actually think he meant it verbatim? It's like saying "you do it your way and I'll do it mine."

Got it shithead?

For someone who has such a high of opinion of himself..you're really not too bright.

Rove said he had dozens of polls telling him that the national polls were wrong.

The national polls were right. Either Rove lied or whoever the private polls were were nonsense.

The polls aren't skewed. They reflect the fact that American's aware that republican's have done absolutely nothing for the country these past 6 years, but have done a lot to the country and voters are sick of it!

And you have no one but yourselves to blame. You dug this whole, now you're gonna sleep in it.

Hello, I'm earth. Have we met?

...in 2006,

LINK:

It's not.

When is it ever new?

New Topics

Forum List

Back