Karl Rove Resigns

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Nevadamedic, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Nevadamedic

Nevadamedic Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +178
    Bush Advisor Karl Rove to Resign at End of Month
    Monday, August 13, 2007

Karl Rove, longtime political advisor to President Bush, says that he will resign from the White House at the end of August, citing a desire to spend more time with his family at their home in Texas.

Rove made the announcement in an interview in Monday’s issue of The Wall Street Journal

"I just think it's time," he says. "There's always something that can keep you here, and as much as I'd like to be here, I've got to do this for the sake of my family." Mr. Rove says.

Rove says he and his wife, Darby, plan to spend much of their time at their home in Ingram, in the Texas Hill Country. Rove’s son attends college in nearby San Antonio.

According to Rove, he first brought up the idea of leaving a year ago, but decided to stay following the Democratic takeover of Congress, saying that he didn’t want to depart on a sour note.

Also factoring into the decision was word from White House Chief of Staff Josh Bolton that if senior White House aides stayed past a certain point, they would be obliged to stay until the end of President Bush’s term in January, 2009.

Rove had worked with Bush since the President’s first campaign for Texas governor in 1993, and worked as Bush’s chief strategist in the 2000 presidential campaign.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293051,00.html

2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    I've got to do this for the sake of my family." Mr. Rove says.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293051,00.html

Its the standard no answer answer which means hes up to something.

Who will he go work for?

Who will take his daily place in Bush's life?

This could get very funny!