Karl Rove Resigns

Nevadamedic

Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
Bush Advisor Karl Rove to Resign at End of Month
Monday, August 13, 2007

Karl Rove, longtime political advisor to President Bush, says that he will resign from the White House at the end of August, citing a desire to spend more time with his family at their home in Texas.

Rove made the announcement in an interview in Monday’s issue of The Wall Street Journal

"I just think it's time," he says. "There's always something that can keep you here, and as much as I'd like to be here, I've got to do this for the sake of my family." Mr. Rove says.

Rove says he and his wife, Darby, plan to spend much of their time at their home in Ingram, in the Texas Hill Country. Rove’s son attends college in nearby San Antonio.

According to Rove, he first brought up the idea of leaving a year ago, but decided to stay following the Democratic takeover of Congress, saying that he didn’t want to depart on a sour note.

Also factoring into the decision was word from White House Chief of Staff Josh Bolton that if senior White House aides stayed past a certain point, they would be obliged to stay until the end of President Bush’s term in January, 2009.

Rove had worked with Bush since the President’s first campaign for Texas governor in 1993, and worked as Bush’s chief strategist in the 2000 presidential campaign.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293051,00.html

Forum List

Back