Karl Rove ‘offended’ by Clint Eastwood’s Chrysler ad

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Karl Rove ‘offended’ by Clint Eastwood’s Chrysler ad - The Washington Post

A Chrysler ad aired during the Super Bowl Sunday night has inspired ire among some Republicans and admiration among some Democrats — with both sides seeing a political message that boosts President Obama.

In an ad touting the resurgence of the American auto industry, Clint Eastwood declared that it’s “halftime in America and our second half’s about to begin,” which could be interpreted as a reference to Obama’s second term. 

The ad’s themes seem to echo Obama’s own argument that his administration brought the auto industry back from the brink of disaster.

“They almost lost everything,” Eastwood says of Detroit. “But we all pulled together. Now Motor City is fighting again.”

“I was, frankly, offended by it,” said Karl Rove on Fox News Monday. “I'm a huge fan of Clint Eastwood, I thought it was an extremely well-done ad, but it is a sign of what happens when you have Chicago-style politics, and the president of the United States and his political minions are, in essence, using our tax dollars to buy corporate advertising.”
<more>

I thought the ad was well done and did not interpret it as political but unifying. I'm a conservative.

It's odd....I didn't think politics at all. I thought it was a pro-US business commercial firing us up to build quality and have confidence in ourself as the greatest manufacturing country and that we will survive the current hard times.

Now...if Carl Rove thinks that's bad, it says more about him than anything else, doesn't it?

Clint sold out to the enemy for huge piles of cash. I'll never go to another Eastwood movie.

Karl Rove &lsquo;offended&rsquo; by Clint Eastwood&rsquo;s Chrysler ad - The Washington Post

A Chrysler ad aired during the Super Bowl Sunday night has inspired ire among some Republicans and admiration among some Democrats — with both sides seeing a political message that boosts President Obama.

In an ad touting the resurgence of the American auto industry, Clint Eastwood declared that it’s “halftime in America and our second half’s about to begin,” which could be interpreted as a reference to Obama’s second term.&#8201;

The ad’s themes seem to echo Obama’s own argument that his administration brought the auto industry back from the brink of disaster.

“They almost lost everything,” Eastwood says of Detroit. “But we all pulled together. Now Motor City is fighting again.”

“I was, frankly, offended by it,” said Karl Rove on Fox News Monday. “I'm a huge fan of Clint Eastwood, I thought it was an extremely well-done ad, but it is a sign of what happens when you have Chicago-style politics, and the president of the United States and his political minions are, in essence, using our tax dollars to buy corporate advertising.”
<more>

It seems that Pro-American doesn't fit well with turt blossom.
Unless it is pro 0.01% America.
Chrysler had a loan, it has paid it back.
But turd man doesn't quite get that statement.

It seems that Pro-American doesn't fit well with turt blossom.
Unless it is pro 0.01% America.
Chrysler had a loan, it has paid it back.
But turd man doesn't quite get that statement.

The federal government has a big chunk of Chrysler stock, so it hasn't paid back diddly squat, and it never will.

Taxpayers got the shaft in the GM/Chrysler bailout, along with the stockholders and bondholders. It was a union shakedown.

Clint sold out to the enemy for huge piles of cash. I'll never go to another Eastwood movie.

Karl Rove &lsquo;offended&rsquo; by Clint Eastwood&rsquo;s Chrysler ad - The Washington Post

In an ad touting the resurgence of the American auto industry, Clint Eastwood declared that it’s “halftime in America and our second half’s about to begin,” which could be interpreted as a reference to Obama’s second term.&#8201;

<more>

I'm sure he is devastated.

Too bad it's something republicans have no way to take credit for in any way, Obama would have been happy to share the credit for saving the auto industry.

Clint Eastwood is all over the map politically. He voted for Eisenhower and Nixon twice as a young man, then supported Gray Davis for governor of California, John McCain for president last time around and has said good things about Ron Paul this time. He's in favor of the bailout, gun control, gay marriage, is in favor of abortion rights, against stringent government regulation of business and against welfare as a way of life.

Anyway, he's already clarified himself on this issue:

Eastwood: I'm not affiliated with Obama - POLITICO.com

So, as usual, this is sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Detroit - specifically GM - took my (tax) money to bail their sorry-asses out.

Without my permission or consent, I may add.

I didn't see Ford, Toyota or Honda asking for a handout.

What should have been allowed is what happens to any sloppily-run, mismanaged, failing business.

Let the fucking company fail.

Detroit - specifically GM - took my (tax) money to bail their sorry-asses out.

Without my permission or consent, I may add.

I didn't see Ford, Toyota or Honda asking for a handout.

What should have been allowed is what happens to any sloppily-run, mismanaged, failing business.

Let the fucking company fail.

The true face of compassionate conservatism...

The "second half" line did make me think of Obama's second term.

The fact is that the positive messaging will always "seem" like liberal messaging to you nutters. You don't do positive. Positive is head-in-the-sand and gay, right?

New Topics

Forum List

Back