Karen Santorum: Husband's surge 'is God's will'

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
So, if someone supports Romney or one of the other candidates, are they working against God's will?

She said the campaign has been challenging, and said some would "have to be crazy to want" to be president. But she said she and her husband escape that because for them "it's completely a spiritual thing. This is God's will."

"The 'want' is a mission to make the culture a better culture, more pleasing to God," Mrs. Santorum said. "For us it's all about making the world a better place."

Karen Santorum: Husband's surge 'is God's will' - Washington Times

So, if someone supports Romney or one of the other candidates, are they working against God's will?

She said the campaign has been challenging, and said some would "have to be crazy to want" to be president. But she said she and her husband escape that because for them "it's completely a spiritual thing. This is God's will."

"The 'want' is a mission to make the culture a better culture, more pleasing to God," Mrs. Santorum said. "For us it's all about making the world a better place."

Yes. That's because Rick's God is better than other people's Gods. Bigger tithes, I think.

Last edited:
Will it be God's will when allegations of seriously bad things come up any day now? Or will it be the Romney campaign? A guy like that is bound to have some skeletons and you can bet they are digging into his life like crazed badgers right now.

She and husband 'escape that' because crazy is their normal.

Yeah, so?

She speaks for God then?

Seems like I recall reading in the bible somewhere that that is a BAD thing to presume to speak for god.

Last edited:
Did she say she spoke for God?

Everything happens by God's will, incidentally. The Santorums know that.

Will it be God's will when allegations of seriously bad things come up any day now? Or will it be the Romney campaign? A guy like that is bound to have some skeletons and you can bet they are digging into his life like crazed badgers right now.

A guy like what?!

I'm not even a Christian and I find your comments offensive.

I think santorum is a good man. Would he be a good president? I dunno but that doubt is certainly no reason to question his moral fiber.

You libs are all batshit crazy I swear... you sit here DAILY whining about tolerance and then start threads denigrating people of faith. You whine incessantly about people bringing up social issues and then make the linchpin of every election abortion, gay marriage, contraception and whatnot.

What a bunch of freaks.

So what?

They both are religious people, when did that become a bad thing?

Who said it's a bad thing? It's the "God's on our side" notion that's troubling. A lot of bad stuff can come of that notion. Just look what's happening in Afghanistan.

Exactly. Nothing scarier than a religious fanatic who is convinced they are doing God's work.

Yes. That's because Rick's God is better than other people's Gods. Bigger tithes, I think.

No Protestants, thus better in his eyes I guess.

Don't be such a jackass. If someone wants to profess their faith so what. It's only Christians that are held to a different standard.

Forum List

Back