Karen Hughes: I'll 'cut out' the tongue of GOPers talking rape

For a politician to acknowledge that his religious belief is that innocent life is precious and trumps how it came to be should be part of acceptable political discourse.
Which, I believe, was the point the guy from Missouri was trying to make, though he did so in the most bumbling and insulting manner possible.
Once he stepped on his dick in front of a microphone and witnesses, he should have been dropped like a hot rock, if for no other reason than there was no explaining or clarifying the words that came out of his mouth.

well the guy lost, so no more worries about what comes from him
why they are dragging this up again, who knows

For a politician to acknowledge that his religious belief is that innocent life is precious and trumps how it came to be should be part of acceptable political discourse.
Which, I believe, was the point the guy from Missouri was trying to make, though he did so in the most bumbling and insulting manner possible.
Once he stepped on his dick in front of a microphone and witnesses, he should have been dropped like a hot rock, if for no other reason than there was no explaining or clarifying the words that came out of his mouth.

If for no other reason, it is a case study in not saying stupid things while seeking elective office, and not making excuses for someone who does.

Just to piss the likes of you off and watch you squirm.

:lol:

If for no other reason, it is a case study in not saying stupid things while seeking elective office, and not making excuses for someone who does.

I can agree with that..beats me what he was thinking

Former George W. Bush adviser Karen Hughes: "And if another Republican man says anything about rape other than it is a horrific, violent crime, I want to personally cut out his tongue. The college-age daughters of many of my friends voted for Obama because they were completely turned off by Neanderthal comments like the suggestion of “legitimate rape.”

it must be difficult for a conservative like karen hughes to watch her party descend into insanity.

don't you mean... they shouldn't tell the truth about what they think or people won't vote for them?

My first post in here:

A little late for that, Karen. Repubs have at least 2 such neanderthals and nobody stood up at the time to say a word about it.

The two neanderthal teapartiers have damaged the Republican party. The teaparty has an extreme reputation, instead of muzzling the idiots, you all should work to get rid of them altogether. Including Karen Hughes.

Then maybe your party can heal.

My first post in here:

A little late for that, Karen. Repubs have at least 2 such neanderthals and nobody stood up at the time to say a word about it.

The two neanderthal teapartiers have damaged the Republican party. The teaparty has an extreme reputation, instead of muzzling the idiots, you all should work to get rid of them altogether. Including Karen Hughes.

that neanderthal in Missouri wasn't backed by the Tea Party, but you will lie about it just the same

My first post in here:

that neanderthal in Missouri wasn't backed by the Tea Party, but you will lie about it just the same

Score another win for the Tea Party.

Missouri Rep. Todd Akin broke out of a three-way GOP primary fight Tuesday and won the nomination to take on Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in the fall. Akin had played up his Tea Party credentials, in an unusual primary race in which all three candidates claimed conservative, outsider appeal.

Read more: Tea Party-backed Rep. Akin wins Missouri GOP Senate primary to take on McCaskill | Fox News

Wrong again.

don't you mean... they shouldn't tell the truth about what they think or people won't vote for them?

It is an axiom that all successful politicians follow. If voters knew what they (pols) truly thought, few would get any votes outside of their immediate families.

Here's what the problem the GOP has on this issue is.

If you accept that fetuses are humans, life begins at conception, and so on, then, yes, even babies concvied in rape should be protected. Otherwise, you are being kind of a hypocrite.

In the real world, no one would be so much of a sadist to make a woman bear her rapist's baby.

Just to piss the likes of you off and watch you squirm.

:lol:

dear, someone as dumb and childish as you could never piss me off...you are the one making a fool of yourself..

You don't need a million neanderthals to damage a party's brand. It just takes a couple running for high-profile office who say stupid things that illustrate your party's worst stereotypes and thus play right into your competitor's narrative.

Not sure why this is so freakin' difficult to understand.

don't forget the whole "wand of shame" (Intra-uterine examination) law in Va which was scrapped once the non-thumpers found out that it had been passed

the gop rape posse's rape advisory charts :)

hSLV8.gif

Rwdpg.gif

EMRXP.gif

wE6W3.jpg

reasonable republicans..please reign in your crazies :)

Former George W. Bush adviser Karen Hughes: "And if another Republican man says anything about rape other than it is a horrific, violent crime, I want to personally cut out his tongue. The college-age daughters of many of my friends voted for Obama because they were completely turned off by Neanderthal comments like the suggestion of “legitimate rape.”

I can't blame her. The problem the GOP has on this topic is that it just can't stop talking about it when their platform puts it front and center as being opposition to written law.

As long as the hard right holds the pen on the platform committee, the questions will continue, the platform will give no "cover" to the candidates so they can't say, "I support my party platform", and most troublesome is that muzzling 400 or so candidates that will be fielded in 2014 is impossible--most of whom will be men who have had no experience with the topic.

Republicans need to get it through their heads that government should not be in the business of forcing rape and incest victims to carry the baby to term. Abortions done for rape and incest amount to only about 3% of all abortions anyway. I understand the concept that a baby in the womb is innocent regardless of how he/she was conceived, but forcing women to carry a rape baby to term would inflict anguish and emotional trauma on many/most rape victims and is a decision that should be left to the victim and her family and doctor.

There's also the reality that we're never, ever going to get a pro-life law that does not allow exceptions for rape and incest (as well as endangerment, of course).

But the 'nuts on USMB were almost unanimous in their defense of that sort of rhetoric, not to mention their defense of Limbaugh's 'slut' remarks,

and they even told us that all of it was helping Romney with the women's vote.

How soon we forget...

Forum List

Back