Kansas Lawmaker's Anti-Obama 'Redneck Rap' Taken Down

You can find the "Redneck Rap" video here.

Forward Kansas. :: Rep. Bill Otto's "RedNeck Rap"

Not anymore. According to the site it has been removed by the user.

My two cents worth regarding this thread not Single Dad's post.

Rep. Otto has every right to produce and display his video while Youtube has every right to deny their medium to him. If he wants that message out, he is more than welcome to find a medium that will allow him to show it and I bet there are plenty of those out there.

I have not seen the video but reading the article about it, I must say that it seems to be in poor taste. Whether he meant any of those remarks to be racists or not, they had racial undertones and were simply inappropriate and rude.

Joking around is one thing but sometimes people should try using a little bit of class.

Oh and regarding Freedom of Speech, he has every right to say what he wants. I have every right to ignore him and youtube has every right to remove his video.

Immie

I call bullshit on this being taken down if it wasn't by the person who put it up. It's censorship plain and simple . . . .because someone's feelings got hurt. BFH.

It amazes me how some people are just fine with giving away their rights like they were candy.

Censorship?

Freedom of speech . . . .

Isn't relevant in this case :)

Youtube takes down videos all the time, seemingly at random. It could be copyright, it could be some kind of rule broken, etc. The fact of the matter is, Youtube is a private company there Zoom.

You seem to not be seeing your own hypocrisy here. So this private company should not be allowed to decide what videos should or should not be up? So much for their rights huh? :lol:

It's censorship and restricting freedom of speech if youtube took it down and the video didn't violate any of youtube's rules/standards and they offer no explanation for taking it down. From what I read in the article, it didn't. And yes they're a private company and set whatever their rules/standards are for videos but again, if the video was taken down by youtube but it didn't violate any of their rules/standards and no explanation was given . . . .?

Republican Rep. Bill Otto said he didn't remove the video, titled "RedNeck Rap," and didn't know why it had been taken down. Google Inc., YouTube's owner, could offer no explanation.

Attempts by AP to access Otto's video Thursday night resulted in a message stating that it had been "removed by the user." Google spokesman Scott Rubin said if a video is removed for violating YouTube's standards, a message would say so.

It's all a moot point now anyway cause the video is up again.

Otto posted the video last month, but it was taken down Thursday evening. He said Friday that his two adult daughters had removed it because they didn't like him being labeled a racist.

Lawmaker's Anti-Obama Rap Back on YouTube - Political News - FOXNews.com

This whole thing reminds me of the people in the apartments in Oregon(?) who were told that they couldn't fly the American flag. Had that rule been in the rules/regulations/lease in writing, then the tenants have to follow that rule. However, there were two people from that complex on tv last week stating that no such written policy was provided from management and that the apartment manager couldn't tell them that they couldn't fly the flag. Management's reasoning for not wanting the American flag flown?
Even long-time residents like Sharron White, who has flown a flag on her car for eight years, has been told to take it down. White said management told her that "someone might get offended."

http://www.katu.com/news/local/64059697.html

Last edited:
I'm a believer in accepting the right of others to speak offensively.

What would be really cool, however, would be if we could all recognize that those thoughts are the thoughts of the individual concerned and should not be taken as the views of a group of people.

For example, Obama in reference to his grandmother used the phrase 'typical white person'. Does that mean that all mixed race people think there are 'typical white' people. No. It means that Obama does. In my opinion, that makes Obama a racist. Does that make all mixed race people racist? No.

Whites have no freedom of speech in Obamanation.

Poor, poor baby. Care to show me where this is the case?

Why Old Rocks, it just so happens that "this is the case" across the West:

http://www.vnnforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87

Just the other day, an English bishop was charged criminally for saying Jews weren't killed by gas chambers.

http://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/news_content.php?id=1083006&lang=eng_news

Sam Francis was fired from the Washington Times for going to an American Renaissance conference.

Kevin Lamb was fired from Human Events for editing the Occidental Quarterly.

I'd probably be fired from MY job if anyone knew I said what I say here.

Last edited:
Another example of the right wing killing the rights of business everywhere. They should be required to post a political video, right?

My understanding is that Youtube did not pull it down. It was the Representatives kids who pulled it

Otto, who represents an eastern Kansas district and lives in LeRoy, about 75 miles south of Topeka, posted the video on YouTube last month, but it came down Thursday after a fellow legislator called it as “disturbing” and suggested it was evidence of bigotry.

Otto said his adult daughters took the video down, using his passwords, because they didn’t like him being called a racist.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back