Kansas Bill Would Require Teachers To Misinform Students About Climate Change

The earth is warming. The ice is melting. Seas will rise. There will be consequences...

Yeah. More farmland and less snow. Not seeing a problem.

Oh wait, I forgot. Global warming is going to cause the next ice age. Which would be funny if you guys werent serious about it.

How DARE these teachers present BOTH sides of the global warming, er, "climate change" controversy!

Exactly, even the side that only 3% of climate scientists agree on...

Oh you mean these 3%????

Scientists in this section have made comments that the observed warming is more likely attributable to natural causes than to human activities. Their views on climate change are usually described in more detail in their biographical articles.

Khabibullo Abdusamatov, mathematician and astronomer at Pulkovo Observatory of the Russian Academy of Sciences[16]
Sallie Baliunas, astronomer, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics[17][18]
Ian Clark, hydrogeologist, professor, Department of Earth Sciences, University of Ottawa[19]
Chris de Freitas, associate professor, School of Geography, Geology and Environmental Science, University of Auckland[20]
David Douglass, solid-state physicist, professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Rochester[21]
Don Easterbrook, emeritus professor of geology, Western Washington University[22]
William M. Gray, professor emeritus and head of the Tropical Meteorology Project, Department of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University[23]
William Happer, physicist specializing in optics and spectroscopy, Princeton University[24]
William Kininmonth, meteorologist, former Australian delegate to World Meteorological Organization Commission for Climatology[25]
David Legates, associate professor of geography and director of the Center for Climatic Research, University of Delaware[26]
Tad Murty, oceanographer; adjunct professor, Departments of Civil Engineering and Earth Sciences, University of Ottawa[27]
Tim Patterson, paleoclimatologist and professor of geology at Carleton University in Canada.[28][29]
Ian Plimer, professor emeritus of Mining Geology, the University of Adelaide.[30]
Nicola Scafetta, research scientist in the physics department at Duke University[31][32]
Tom Segalstad, head of the Geology Museum at the University of Oslo[33]
Fred Singer, professor emeritus of environmental sciences at the University of Virginia[34][35][36]
Willie Soon, astrophysicist, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics[37]
Roy Spencer, principal research scientist, University of Alabama in Huntsville[38]
Henrik Svensmark, Danish National Space Center[39]
Jan Veizer, environmental geochemist, professor emeritus from University of Ottawa[40]
Scientists arguing that the cause of global warming is unknown

Scientists in this section have made comments that no principal cause can be ascribed to the observed rising temperatures, whether man-made or natural. Their views on climate change are usually described in more detail in their biographical articles.

Syun-Ichi Akasofu, retired professor of geophysics and founding director of the International Arctic Research Center of the University of Alaska Fairbanks[41]
Claude Allègre, politician; geochemist, Institute of Geophysics (Paris)[42]
Robert C. Balling, Jr., a professor of geography at Arizona State University[43]
John Christy, professor of atmospheric science and director of the Earth System Science Center at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, contributor to several IPCC[44][45]
Petr Chylek, space and remote sensing sciences researcher, Los Alamos National Laboratory[46]
Judith Curry, chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology[47]
David Deming, geology professor at the University of Oklahoma[48]
Antonino Zichichi, emeritus professor of nuclear physics at the University of Bologna and president of the World Federation of Scientists[49]
Scientists arguing that global warming will have few negative consequences

Scientists in this section have made comments that projected rising temperatures will be of little impact or a net positive for human society and/or the Earth's environment. Their views on climate change are usually described in more detail in their biographical articles.

Craig D. Idso, faculty researcher, Office of Climatology, Arizona State University and founder of the Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change [50]
Sherwood Idso, former research physicist, USDA Water Conservation Laboratory, and adjunct professor, Arizona State University[51]
Patrick Michaels, senior fellow at the Cato Institute and retired research professor of environmental science at the University of Virginia[52]

How come when I look up those names, I find articles like this:

Climate science peer review is pal review

and

How to manufacture doubt

The earth is warming. The ice is melting. Seas will rise. There will be consequences...

Oh wait, I forgot. Global warming is going to cause the next ice age. Which would be funny if you guys werent serious about it.

Maybe you should question why you believe the deniers and not the believers...

Powell-Science-Pie-Chart.png

Why Climate Deniers Have No Scientific Credibility - In One Pie Chart | DeSmogBlog

The problem is that while the earth is warming you think it's because of humans.... You believe so much in what you say that you drive a car, you sit there on the internet using the computer that was made with fossil fuels and shipped/packaged and so on by fossil fuels.

Even the greatest minds in the government funded climate change junk science department are stumped as to why global warming has almost stopped.

problem is the planet's tempature has been going down since 98.

See that's the problem with this so called science. They are making radical and foolish predictions based on little information. We barely have 100 years of climate tempatures. in those 100 years the tempatures have gone up and they have gone down. We were told a few decades ago that we needed to fear the next ice age because we were making the planet cool and thus we need more government in our lives to stop it.

Then in the 80s, scientists realized they predicted the wrong thing. The planet was actually warming. In 2010, New York City was supposed to be flooded because of the rising oceans. We all saw how that prediction turned out.

Now it's climate change. Because that way it doesnt matter if the tempature goes up or down, they can still be safe and claim they were predicting it.

And yet, foolish people dont bother thinking about it and eat it all up. Go figure.

Dont need to question it. See I did this crazy thing called THINKING. I know it's a radical concept for alot of people. But you see, I don't need someone telling me what to believe. I look at facts and come to my own conclusions. I know it's just crazy.

Party line.

Just because that's the reasoning you use, doesn't mean the rest of us can't look at the actual evidence and make logical conclusions.

By Rebecca Leber

Last week, the Kansas House Education Committee introduced a bill that mandates teachers question the scientific basis of global warming, becoming the latest state to take up one of American Legislative Exchange Council’s “model bills” aiming to misrepresent climate change in schools.

Kansas would join Texas, Louisiana, Tennessee and Oklahoma as the fifth state to cast climate change as a “controversial” topic. But climate change is only controversial in political and polluter circles, not the scientific community. 97 percent of climate scientists actively publishing in the field agree climate change is human-caused.

As National Center for Science Education executive director Eugenie C. Scott explained, “The only effects of enacting such a misguided bill would be to discourage responsible teachers from presenting climate science accurately and to encourage irresponsible teachers to misrepresent it as controversial.”

Read the text of the bill:

More: Kansas Bill Would Require Teachers To Misinform Students About Climate Change
Looks to me like the Kansas bill would require teachers to stop misnforming students about Goebbels warming, AKA "climate change"....Or the great climatic googly-moogly, if you will. :lol:

Last edited:
Yup oddball, you nailed it.

Speaking of climate change - it was almost 60 here today and tomorrow it's supposed to snow!

Global Warming --- haaaaaahahahahaha!!!
Didn't global warming invent the internet?

Climate has been changing since Day 1 (4 Billion years ago). Why, in that time, I am sure the Earth has warmed, cooled, frozen, melted and sea levels have changed. My bet is they will continue to do so. When we had the Ice Age, that was climate change. However, Exxon was not around to be blamed but I am sure you will find a way to retroactively blame them for that what. Perhaps you can start by perusing the email servers at the University of East Anglia......all sorts of redacts reside in those servers to back your agenda.

Would you believe they are looking for oil in the Arctic circle.. Why?
Oil is formed by decaying trees and we ALL know the Arctic circle has been very cold forever right so why are they looking for oil that came from decaying trees that could grow in arctic cold?
HMMMM... another topic NOT discussed in global warming classes I bet!

Would you believe we've been pumping oil from the artic circle for decades?

Did you know back in the early 90's they were pushing that we were entering an ice age?

Prove it. Who is 'they'. Now I do remember that Time published an article back in the 70's the speculated that might be happening...

Another Ice Age? - TIME

I don't recall anything in Scientific American or anything like that.

The 1990's you say......

Climate change is a hoax and it is time to start teachin children that global warming does not cause asteroids nor tsunamis.

Dear me, the little troll has it's panties all in a bunch again?
now she wants to tell states what they should teach their children

anyone get tired of lakhotas stupid shit?

Forum List

Back