Kansas bar shooting hero gets $100,000 reward

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
You cannot put monetary values to heroic acts but money certainly is a good way of saying thank you.

---

(CNN)A Kansas man shot while intervening in an attack that killed one Indian man and wounded another has received a big "thank you," and $100,000, for his efforts.

Ian Grillot was shot in the hand and the chest last month as he tried to stop a gunman who had just shot the two Indian tech workers in Olathe, Kansas.
An Indian charity group in Houston said it raised the money to help Grillot buy a house in his Kansas hometown.

The suspect in the February 22 shooting reportedly shouted "Get out of my country" moments before he opened fire.

Kansas bar shooting hero gets $100,000 reward - CNN.com

This may be a dumb question, but where does reward money come from, especially when it is this much?

God bless you and the hero always!!!

Holly

This may be a dumb question, but where does reward money come from, especially when it is this much?

God bless you and the hero always!!!

Holly

It should come from the orange klown in my sigline, seeing as how he's the one that stirs this shit up.

The OP says it's a local charity group. And I doubt that charity group stirs up anything.

Thank you TOS and Pogo. I asked because I've wondered about the issue for a while. Whenever I hear on the news about a reward being offered for whatever is being addressed, I am like, "Where does that money come from?" There is currently a 15 year old girl from my area who has been missing for almost two weeks and yesterday I heard on the news that 1,500 tips have been called in about her so far, and I was like, "How legit are those tips? How many of them people who gave them only said anything in hopes of getting some kind of reward?"

God bless you two and her always!!!

Holly

Last edited:

Forum List

Back