Kane's being exploited

Notice the focus on "labor." While you may not consider typical office work to be labor, I can say that I've fixed machines, built houses, dug ditches, installed pools, and hauled trash. None of that can compare to building a corporate network in 1998. I'd have gladly traded places with the guy hanging drywall.

great, Jimenez. Here is your $12 an hour, please meet the INS in the parking lot.
Nothing says "elitist snob" better than looking down one's nose at someone at the lower rungs of the economic ladder, and seeing nothing but a helpless little victim in desperate need of your "benevolent patronage". :rolleyes:

you really don't get out of the asylum do you?

You mean labor unions are becoming increasingly irrelevant, not that labor itself is becoming irrelevant.

NO! I mean labor is increasingly incapable of wielding any bargaining power whatsoever. What were once middle class American jobs with bennies are increasingly becoming sweat shop jobs in Asia.

My plumber disagrees.

That's because he has one of those rare jobs that can't be offshored and can't be farmed out to illegal immigrants. Wrong example.

And profits as a whole have shifted from manufacturing toward distribution and retail.

A natural effect of an educated workforce. As it turns out the money is in sales and efficiency, not so much in assembly. I don't see the problem here. You're describing the problem stockbrokers had in the 1970s with mutual funds, and wagon builders had with Henry Ford.

Our entire workforce is not educated. And 25% is underemployed. What was your point again?

The American dream used to be a car in every driveway and a chicken in every pot. I've done that on $12 an hour.

30 years ago yeah, nowadays $12/hour won't buy you a driveway unless 3-4 folks in your household work.

$12 an hour is a pretty good rate for a job that doesn't require any education and can be picked up in a few months. It's a living wage and it's honest work. I see no problem with that.

Most Americans are not qualified to ever be good drywall installers. Much less after a few months of training. Americans are obese, lazy, don't know how to work even if they wanted to, have very few practical skills as a whole and certainly aren't likely to work that hard for a measly $12/hour.

Most Americans might be worth $8/hour if they spent a year learning the trade.

The average journeyman is as educated in his field as the average MBA. Maybe moreso.

Mechanization may have improved their lives.

But the Luddites were still 100% correct in predicting it would reduce the value of their skilled labor and destroy their guild niche, or monopoly.

You have about a .010 batting average, are you a masochist?
Interesting that you consider a monopoly in the world of obsolescent trades to be any kind of a benefit to anyone.

If you consider wheel & wainwrights, operators of hand looms and horse drawn plows as "skilled labor" then you're so far gone down the black hole of technophobia that a description of "pathetic" would be an improvement. :lol::lol::lol:

well thaaats the world the Luddites lived in and they were correct. Their profession went to one of being highly skilled and high paying to being one monopolized by child labor. Go figure.
Child labor operated relatively sophisticated and costly machinery?

BWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Suffice to say that you have absolutely NFI what you're blabbering about. :rofl:

Interesting that you consider a monopoly in the world of obsolescent trades to be any kind of a benefit to anyone.

If you consider wheel & wainwrights, operators of hand looms and horse drawn plows as "skilled labor" then you're so far gone down the black hole of technophobia that a description of "pathetic" would be an improvement. :lol::lol::lol:

well thaaats the world the Luddites lived in and they were correct. Their profession went to one of being highly skilled and high paying to being one monopolized by child labor. Go figure.
Child labor operated relatively sophisticated and costly machinery?

BWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Suffice to say that you have absolutely NFI what you're blabbering about. :rofl:

or you don't!

Google

That will consume the next 11.4 years of your life, but read em and weep, abject idiot!

Textile mills weren't the only places mechanized, idjit.

You're just acting dumber than a bag of hammers on purpose, aren't you? :lol::lol::lol:

They were the places mechanized that your Luddites were bitching about.

Now just admit that you were wrong again, and as usual, and start over, with some real ideas.

Maybe begin with the world wide labor glut, the recession and the precipitous decline in wages.

What are you even doing on a computer?

Do you allow yourself to posses clothing with zippers?

I'm sure there's some nice Amish village located reasonably close to you, where you can go live the nice righteous horse-and-buggy lifestyle you so crave. :lol::lol::lol:

What are you even doing on a computer?

Do you allow yourself to posses clothing with zippers?

I'm sure there's some nice Amish village located reasonably close to you, where you can go live the nice righteous horse-and-buggy lifestyle you so crave. :lol::lol::lol:

you are such an assuming and niggardly little asswipe.

Don't assume, you will always be wrong. Always. Guaranteed.

Stick to arguing things you can defend and please don't blame me if you argue indefensible positions routinely.

The only untenable position here is yours.

Mechanization has made mankind better off and wealthier, by increasing the demand for higher skilled -and subsequently higher paying- jobs.

Face it...Manual labor just ain't all it's cracked up to be.

The Senate passed a bill this week that will allow self employed people to write of their health care insurance.

:thup:

And he is welcome to have his own retirement fund...

Still waiting for the last round of "small business tax cuts" to make its way onto my Form 1120. So far it's not there. Why is that?
Maybe you need a new accountant.

How many should I need? I've gotten two other opinions.

NO! I mean labor is increasingly incapable of wielding any bargaining power whatsoever. What were once middle class American jobs with bennies are increasingly becoming sweat shop jobs in Asia.

My plumber disagrees.

That's because he has one of those rare jobs that can't be offshored and can't be farmed out to illegal immigrants. Wrong example.

Plumbers are rare?

And profits as a whole have shifted from manufacturing toward distribution and retail.

A natural effect of an educated workforce. As it turns out the money is in sales and efficiency, not so much in assembly. I don't see the problem here. You're describing the problem stockbrokers had in the 1970s with mutual funds, and wagon builders had with Henry Ford.

Our entire workforce is not educated. And 25% is underemployed. What was your point again?

What's the benefit of artificially creating jobs that are obsolete?

The American dream used to be a car in every driveway and a chicken in every pot. I've done that on $12 an hour.

30 years ago yeah, nowadays $12/hour won't buy you a driveway unless 3-4 folks in your household work.

That's simply not true.

$12 an hour is a pretty good rate for a job that doesn't require any education and can be picked up in a few months. It's a living wage and it's honest work. I see no problem with that.

Most Americans are not qualified to ever be good drywall installers. Much less after a few months of training. Americans are obese, lazy, don't know how to work even if they wanted to, have very few practical skills as a whole and certainly aren't likely to work that hard for a measly $12/hour.

Most Americans might be worth $8/hour if they spent a year learning the trade.

The average journeyman is as educated in his field as the average MBA. Maybe moreso.

Seems you've found the problem all by yourself.

My plumber disagrees.

Plumbers are rare?

reread my comments or wallow in confusion.

Our entire workforce is not educated. And 25% is underemployed. What was your point again?[/QUOTE]

What's the benefit of artificially creating jobs that are obsolete?[/QUOTE]

full employment?

A world in which only 75% of the developed nation's population is employable is gonna wreak havoc with our monetary system and entitlements strategies.

We will either resort by default to eat the rich or eat the poor.

Forum List

Back