'kamikaze'

My father got a purple heart because a Japanese soldier put a bullet in him, I realize that the Germans and the Italians and the Japanese were at war because they wanted to take over the world, with death camps and racist hateful wish to dominate, Do you get THAT?

Um, when exactly did the topic change? I think I missed it. Didn't you specifically ask me for the information I just provided you?

I don't think the Italians were interested in taking over the world. I think they joined the wrong club and got clobbered for it.

Japan didn't want to take over the world, just most of Asia (which is a pretty big chunk of the world to be sure).

Germany went collectively nuts and found themselves following a little nutcase down a road to inevitable destruction and taking the lives of millions upon millions with them.

Just to speak in generalities, of course.

I forgot how much you hate actual human experiences , because it's "anecdotal". The rest of us call it "history". Deal with it, that Japanese during WWII were just plain evil. You of all people should know better.

Last edited:
I forgot how much you hate actual human experiences , because it's "anecdotal". The rest of us call it "history". Deal with it, that Japanese during WWII were just plain evil. You of all people should know better.

Ok, seriously, what the hell are you talking about? You asked me for information, I gave it to you, and then you started weaving all over the road.

Remember "Care to elaborate? I learn from mistakes"? After that post you fell into this stream-of-consciousness thing. Did you not really want the information? Do you now want to talk about something else entirely? Try to clear your head.

"You hate actual human experiences"? :confused:
"You of all people should know better"? :confused:

Last edited:
Actually it seems that the jihad radical coward leadership care about their own skins and they strap bomb vests on girls and retarded boys. The Japanese Kamikaze were likewise recruited by the Bushido radical cowards who cared about their own skins and sent ignorant kids with about a week of training to become human missiles.

Where did you come up with "about a week training"?

they killed over 5000 sailors but still could not stop the march to their homeland. they died for nothing

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEWOX8-Vgd4]Fallen Cherry Blossoms- Kamikaze Pilots- Final.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

The Japanese military had been trained to die for their country and the emperor. It was the code of Bushido. Many Japanese soldiers committed suicide rather than be captured or had a suicide banzai charge as their final act. From Bushido came the suicides the banzai charges to certain death and the kamikaze pilots suicide flights. The code of Bushido was also largely responsible for the Japanese treatment of captured prisoners.

Japan had probably the finest officer corps of WWII - of course, their military had been in the field since the 1920s in Manchuria, Korea, China. They had excellent torpedoes, worked out tactics to assault Pearl Harbor with torpedo planes. They had v. good intelligence.

They didn't have the logistics nor material base to fight a prolonged war. Nor did they value their men enough to care for the injured, heal those possible, nor train good pilot & officer replacements quickly enough to replace losses, nor did they rotate pilots & gunners, etc. to train the next wave.

They liked complicated maneuvers too much (MO), never pursued radar, & their military technology fell behind as they dedicated their entire population/industrial base to war fighting. Their war games were far too optimistic.

Where did you come up with "about a week training"?

OK, four weeks training according to a survivor.

A lot of these guys had been drafted into the service years before being sent on that kind of mission. Fully indoctrinating (or at least breaking their will) 'volunteers' was important before sending them off.

Japan was trying to negotiate terms of surrender but Truman would not negotiate. The sticking point was the preservation of the emperor and ironically the emperor was preserved after we dropped two nuclear devices on civilians.

Japan was trying to negotiate terms of surrender but Truman would not negotiate. The sticking point was the preservation of the emperor and ironically the emperor was preserved after we dropped two nuclear devices on civilians.

(My bold)

No, Wikipedia notes that all the targeted cities had military/industrial components - see Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia -

under Choice of Targets:

"The Target Committee nominated four targets: Kokura, the site of one of Japan's largest munitions plants; Hiroshima, an embarkation port and industrial center that was the site of a major military headquarters; Niigata, a port with industrial facilities including steel and aluminium plants and an oil refinery; and Kyoto, a major industrial center. The target selection was subject to the following criteria:

"These cities were largely untouched during the nightly bombing raids and the Army Air Force agreed to leave them off the target list so accurate assessment of the weapon could be made. Hiroshima was described as "an important army depot and port of embarkation in the middle of an urban industrial area. ..."

Under Nagasaki, same article:

"The city of Nagasaki had been one of the largest sea ports in southern Japan and was of great wartime importance because of its wide-ranging industrial activity, including the production of ordnance, ships, military equipment, and other war materials. The four largest companies in the city were Mitsubishi Shipyards, Electrical Shipyards, Arms Plant, and Steel and Arms Works, which employed about 90% of the city's labor force, and accounted for 90% of the city's industry."

Forum List

Back