Kamala to abolish the Right to Work

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
And she is planning to do it on a false premise, that the Right to Work is a barrier to Big Labor organizing workplaces or striking.

The beloved RTW doesn't stop anyone from joining a union, or any union from pressing forward for a representation election. In fact I would say it makes it EASIER for a union to prevail in an election as the workers know that they won't have to join or pay dues in a right to work situation. They can give the union exclusive bargaining rights, and see what kind of contract they negotiate before paying up.

Kamala Harris Vows To End Right-To-Work Laws

That has been misnamed from the start. They call it "Right to Work" when it is really "Right to Work For Less".

And she is planning to do it on a false premise, that the Right to Work is a barrier to Big Labor organizing workplaces or striking.

The beloved RTW doesn't stop anyone from joining a union, or any union from pressing forward for a representation election. In fact I would say it makes it EASIER for a union to prevail in an election as the workers know that they won't have to join or pay dues in a right to work situation. They can give the union exclusive bargaining rights, and see what kind of contract they negotiate before paying up.

And they can do it all for free, what a country....

She is pandering for union money. I live in a right to work state and can't think of a single factory/plant that doesn't have unions.

Even in compulsory union states, workers aren't forced to join to pay dues until the contract is negotiated- so they do it all "for free" in every location.

What kind of country forces people to join an organization they don't wish to belong to? Would you like it as a lib if you were forced to join the NRA or Operation Rescue?

Even in compulsory union states, workers aren't forced to join to pay dues until the contract is negotiated- so they do it all "for free" in every location.

What kind of country forces people to join an organization they don't wish to belong to? Would you like it as a lib if you were forced to join the NRA or Operation Rescue?
That is not how unions work in the US.

That has been misnamed from the start. They call it "Right to Work" when it is really "Right to Work For Less".

Actually, assembly line workers in RTW states like Michigan get paid no less than those in compulsory union states like Ohio.

She is pandering for union money. I live in a right to work state and can't think of a single factory/plant that doesn't have unions.
She's pandering to the bureaucrats, which make up the largest population of union voters anymore.

Maybe, but that would be pandering to the Stupid.

Bureaucrats already enjoy the universal Right to Work in all 50 states due to the Janus Decision, and the Federal Taft Hartley Act does not apply to governmental workers.

She's going nowhere anyway.

She's going somewhere, and that is DOWN.
DyTA9BYU0AAnVmM.jpg

Go ahead, tell workers they don’t deserve a pay raise, or weekends, vacations, or healthcare or any of the other things they got because of labor organizations. Tell them they don’t deserve those things. See how far you go.

Go ahead, tell workers they don’t deserve a pay raise, or weekends, vacations, or healthcare or any of the other things they got because of labor organizations. Tell them they don’t deserve those things. See how far you go.

93% of Americans are Scabs, Dean. And the vast majority get pay raises, vacations, healthcare, etc.

BTW, the Democrats want to GET RID of employer paid healthcare.

So, who's right? "Everyone wants to be a millionaire (and we can make it happen with other people's money)" or "I just want a job (and do not want to be obligated to someone else for throwing a lot of 'free' crumbs of welfare at me)"?

The left doesn't get it about people's pride in self-rule, self-discipline, and flat-out refusal to accept Trojan horses from the DNC promise box mixed with distrust for all the lying that goes on to pick one man's pocket and pack another's. :aug08_031:

It beats lying your butt off to get votes that you couldn't from the immigrants too proud to accept leftover handouts. I have seen liberals skim all the money they can off the government's giveaways for their personal selves, only to throw dirty rags and crumbs at the poor. With my own eyes.

Whether it's government or unions, liberals are always looking for someone to take their money and then tell them what to do. Sheep.

Forum List

Back