Kamala Harris blasted by her own dad for pushing negative stereotypes about Jamaicans

Her father exploded.

Donald Harris, 81, professor emeritus of economics at Stanford University, divorced from Shyamala Gopalan since 1972, offered this comment to the website Jamaica Global Online, whose editor, Ian Randle, shared it exclusively with Maclean’s:

My dear departed grandmothers, as well as my deceased parents, must be turning in their grave right now to see their family’s name, reputation and proud Jamaican identity being connected, in any way, jokingly or not with the fraudulent stereotype of a pot-smoking joy seeker and in the pursuit of identity politics. Speaking for myself and my immediate Jamaican family, we wish to categorically dissociate ourselves from this travesty.

For someone running for the president of the U.S. on a politically correct identity politics ticket, it sure doesn't look good when you gratuitously throw out a negative stereotype of anyone. If you're shameless enough, not a problem. But when your own dad calls you out, yes, there is a problem.

The blowback is here for Kamala Harris, who in a bid to pander to the pot vote, promoted the scuzzy stereotype of Jamaica as the pothead nation.

Much of the attention from her disastrous interview with 'Charlemagne tha God' on a Bay Area radio station rightly went to her strange timeline of pot smoking, answering the question of who she listened to when she got high, from Charlamagne tha God and his sidekick, DJEnvy, after she confirmed she smoked pot in college.

Her giggling Cheech-and-Chong-like response was this:

HARRIS: And look, I joke about it — half-joking — half my family’s from Jamaica. Are you kidding me?

Half joking?

That didn't go down well with Harris's father, Stanford University Professor Emeritus Donald Harris, 81, a Jamaican-American who, unlike her, has actually accomplished something.

I knew this was going to happen. In a devastating article published in MacLean's, the leading Canadian news magazine, the retired professor of economics told a Jamaican news wire that Harris's stereotyping of Jamaicans as potheads - and pursuit of identity politics - was as distasteful as hell.

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

t2ixsibbw0d21.jpg
Your family knows you better than anyone... And her dad just publicly blasted her.

'Nuff said.

Would that be the dad who was divorced from the family 47 years ago and lost custody to the mom?

Yeah who would know "better" than that............. :rolleyes:

Kamala dad: Our family wants to "Dissociate Ourselves from this Travesty"

‘My dear departed grandmothers... as well as my deceased parents, must be turning in their grave right now to see their family’s name, reputation and proud Jamaican identity being connected, in any way, jokingly or not, with the fraudulent stereotype of a pot-smoking joy seeker and in the pursuit of identity politics.”

That’s professor Donald Harris, the Jamaican father of Democratic presidential hopeful Kamala Harris, reportedly sounding off this week in a statement to Jamaica Global Online about his daughter’s interview on the New York Breakfast Club radio show.

(Excerpt) Read more at marketwatch.com ...

Forum List

Back