Kaepernick Takes Hit At Pearl Harbor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
(CNN)In a speech commemorating the 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor, U.S. Pacific Command Commander Admiral Harry Harris decided to slip in an apparent jab at noted national anthem protester Colin Kaepernick.

"You can bet that the men and women we honor today, and those who died that fateful morning 75 years ago, never took a knee and never failed to stand whenever they heard our national anthem being played," he said.
It wasn't subtle, and the pointed words earned him a robust standing ovation from the crowd.
In a since-deleted tweet and Facebook post, the Department of Defense promoted Adm. Harris' comments, quoting him and attaching a video of the moment.

Reactions to Adm. Harris' remarks have been a mixed bag: A lot of people congratulated the decorated Admiral on his patriotism, while others expressed concern that he chose such a moment to take a knock at Kaepernick's self-described protest for civil rights.

One person pointed out the fact that, at the time of the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941, black men in the Navy were mostly relegated to positions like mess attendants and cooks (Black men were recruited to general service in 1942, and the first black naval officers were commissioned in 1944. However, most black men who served during World War II did so under heavy segregation.)

---------------------------------

Hoorah!

(CNN)In a speech commemorating the 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor, U.S. Pacific Command Commander Admiral Harry Harris decided to slip in an apparent jab at noted national anthem protester Colin Kaepernick.

"You can bet that the men and women we honor today, and those who died that fateful morning 75 years ago, never took a knee and never failed to stand whenever they heard our national anthem being played," he said.
It wasn't subtle, and the pointed words earned him a robust standing ovation from the crowd.
In a since-deleted tweet and Facebook post, the Department of Defense promoted Adm. Harris' comments, quoting him and attaching a video of the moment.

Reactions to Adm. Harris' remarks have been a mixed bag: A lot of people congratulated the decorated Admiral on his patriotism, while others expressed concern that he chose such a moment to take a knock at Kaepernick's self-described protest for civil rights.

One person pointed out the fact that, at the time of the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941, black men in the Navy were mostly relegated to positions like mess attendants and cooks (Black men were recruited to general service in 1942, and the first black naval officers were commissioned in 1944. However, most black men who served during World War II did so under heavy segregation.)

Hoorah!
adm. harris must be booty tickled. I still dont see where he mentioned Kap. He must have been afraid Kap would kick his ass.

Hoorah!
adm. harris must be booty tickled. I still dont see where he mentioned Kap. He must have been afraid Kap would kick his ass.
What about this guy, O Patriotic Warrior? Betcha he would relish a puke trying to kick his ass.

Ret. Marine Col. Jeffery Powers wrote to the NFL commissioners the following;

Commissioners,

I’ve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and the Giants Stadium.

I missed the ’90-’91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt. Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.

Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing they’re something special! They’re not! My Marines and Soldiers were!

You are complicit in this! You’ll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the moral courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this. Yes, I know, it’s their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner.

What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs publicly?

I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess that’s much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isn’t it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?

Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is OK? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game!

You condone it all by your refusal to act. You’re just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applaud those who have not.

Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles.

They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They don’t do it for an hour on Sunday. They do it 24/7 often with lead, not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced. They don’t even have ice! Many don’t have legs or arms.

Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished. They are the heroes.

I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!

Time to change the channel.

Powers originally sent his letter to former Florida congressman Allen West. West then posted the letter to his news website.

As of last week, at least 18 NFL players had protested the anthem by either kneeling during the anthem or raising their fists, according to USA Today Sports.

Hoorah!
What about this guy, O Patriotic Warrior? Betcha he would relish a puke trying to kick his ass.

Commissioners,

I’ve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and the Giants Stadium.

I missed the ’90-’91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt. Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.

Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing they’re something special! They’re not! My Marines and Soldiers were!

You are complicit in this! You’ll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the moral courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this. Yes, I know, it’s their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner.

I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess that’s much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isn’t it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?

Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is OK? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game!

You condone it all by your refusal to act. You’re just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applaud those who have not.

Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles.

They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They don’t do it for an hour on Sunday. They do it 24/7 often with lead, not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced. They don’t even have ice! Many don’t have legs or arms.

Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished. They are the heroes.

I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!

Powers originally sent his letter to former Florida congressman Allen West. West then posted the letter to his news website.

As of last week, at least 18 NFL players had protested the anthem by either kneeling during the anthem or raising their fists, according to USA Today Sports.
I gives a fug about that guy. Writing a letter is a pussy move.

Hoorah!

Commissioners,

You calling a Marine a pussy?

Hoorah!

Commissioners,

Yep. What are you going to do about it?

Hoorah!

Commissioners,

Patch up your head when a Marine puts knots on it.

Commissioners,

I guess you wont be doing anything about it then. The last marine that tried that got sent to the hospital with a split skull.

Commissioners,

I guess you wont be doing anything about it then. The last marine that tried that got sent to the hospital with a split skull.

:haha:

Commissioners,

My wife's a Marine. Asslips has no honor.

Commissioners,

Yah sure scumbag. Fucking maggot keyboard tough guy. You're a pathetic piece of shit.

Go back to your basement safe space asshole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah sure scumbag. Fucking maggot keyboard tough guy. You're a pathetic piece of shit.

Make me pussy.

Make me pussy.

Fuck off loser douchebag. You are nothing but a pathetic soft little prick.

Commissioners,

My wife's a Marine. Asslips has no honor.
Case of Marine Vet Accused of Rape, Murder Has 'Shocked All of Japan' | Military.com

Honor? :laugh:

Make me pussy.

I thought so pussy. All talk and no action.

Make me pussy.

I thought so pussy. All talk and no action.

Go suck another prick. It's all you are good for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back