Kaepernick Rejected...Fellow NFLers Whine

Show up and do your job just like the rest of us do. Fluck you and your politics! Nuff said.

Meh...screw off at work...get canned.

I do not know of any job where you have to stand for the NA every time you go to work. Do you stand and put your hand on your heart every game at home, yet someone may go to a few games a season, but they are working and have to do it every game. Really?

We quit the Pledge of Allegiance in schools a long time ago.
In my line of work we have a saying, "shut up and color". Making an ass out of yourself in front of the country, while in the process breaking down team cohesion will get you blacklisted in any line of work.
No one likes an asshole.

Football. Not political activism. This douchewagon is nothing but a stupid haji fuck who saw that his feet and arm were going. This is nothing more then a gimmick to make money. And it does.

Meh...screw off at work...get canned.

I do not know of any job where you have to stand for the NA every time you go to work. Do you stand and put your hand on your heart every game at home, yet someone may go to a few games a season, but they are working and have to do it every game. Really?

We quit the Pledge of Allegiance in schools a long time ago.
In my line of work we have a saying, "shut up and color". Making an ass out of yourself in front of the country, while in the process breaking down team cohesion will get you blacklisted in any line of work.
No one likes an asshole.

You don't get to show your ass and spew your political beliefs at work. Your employer won't tolerate it. Kapernick is just a typical dumb spoiled Democrat Snowflake. He really believes he's 'special' because he plays a sport and is a Democrat. He doesn't deserve a job. It is what it is.

This whole affair is the clearest demonstration of the inequity in power between the owners and the players, in not just the NFL, but in every major sports league. It is a monopsony, a market with one buyer, the owners. And the NFL exercises every single ounce of their monopsony power. It is no different than the NCAA, the players might get paid a token salary, and yes, I said "token", but it all operates the same. Has Lebron James made a billion dollars? That is a low estimate of the value of his labor to his owner.

And did you get that, "owner"--not even an attempt to avoid the legacy of slavery. Because that is what working as a professional athlete is like in today's "capitalist" economy. It is slavery.

NFL ratings down. Overpaid assholes that have been pampered since high school while others had to earn their grades.
The NFL can’t blame Trump anymore: It is facing a ‘structural decline in viewership’

MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and even NASCAR are all "down" too and they've all been trending that way for years, Rimjob van Winkle.

Why? Obviously to anyone who didn't sleep through the last 20 years because other platforms are rendering TV superfluous. And they're all advertising those various alternate platforms --- phones, tablets, streaming --- heavily. I've been using them myself over ten years.

Time to wake up Gramps.

This whole affair is the clearest demonstration of the inequity in power between the owners and the players, in not just the NFL, but in every major sports league. It is a monopsony, a market with one buyer, the owners. And the NFL exercises every single ounce of their monopsony power. It is no different than the NCAA, the players might get paid a token salary, and yes, I said "token", but it all operates the same. Has Lebron James made a billion dollars? That is a low estimate of the value of his labor to his owner.

And did you get that, "owner"--not even an attempt to avoid the legacy of slavery. Because that is what working as a professional athlete is like in today's "capitalist" economy. It is slavery.

Yeah, go ahead and show your ass and push your political protests on your job. See where that gets ya. He's just a typical entitled Democrat Snowflake. He gets paid to do a job, not push his politics on everyone. What he did was very immature and unprofessional. He doesn't deserve a job in the NFL. Period, end of story.

I served this country for over 20 years and through 4 different war zones. I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Supporting the Constitution means that you support the things that are written in it.

Defending the Constitution means that you understand the concepts written in it, and you will speak out whenever someone is using it wrong.

Free speech is one of those things that is contained in the Constitution. Kaepernick was simply exercising his right to free speech by taking a knee.

The NFL, fans and people who watch are entitled to have their opinion about his actions and voice them if they feel the need.

Kaepernick has a right to do what he did. Even if I don't agree with what he does, he still has the right to do it.
Isn’t that what happened? He was allowed to speak, fans spoke, he lost.

He wasn’t doing it on off time. He was doing it while employed to play on the field. Big difference.
I served this country for over 20 years and through 4 different war zones. I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Supporting the Constitution means that you support the things that are written in it.

Defending the Constitution means that you understand the concepts written in it, and you will speak out whenever someone is using it wrong.

Free speech is one of those things that is contained in the Constitution. Kaepernick was simply exercising his right to free speech by taking a knee.

The NFL, fans and people who watch are entitled to have their opinion about his actions and voice them if they feel the need.

Kaepernick has a right to do what he did. Even if I don't agree with what he does, he still has the right to do it.

Standing "at attention" is a customary practice that is intended to indicate the players' love of country, patriotism, respect for the country's institutions (national anthem and flag).

CK chose to conspicuously decline to stand "at attention" during the playing of the Anthem because he felt he could not display "love" of country "as long as" Blacks - especially young Black men - remain the targets of a homicidal campaign by the national constabulary.

(a). He is entitled to his opinion, and if the First Amendment means anything, it means you can criticize the government without being criminally prosecuted for it. So no government instrumentality, acting in its official capacity, may prosecute CK for his opinion or the expression thereof, regardless of how unpopular it may be.

(b). His employer is a private business. His employer may take action against him if his public conduct is offensive to the customer base, unless such action is prohibited by his contract. But in this case, his employer TOOK NO ACTION AGAINST HIM. HE CHOSE to opt out of the remain years of his contract.

(c). Prospective employers may not discriminate against him for his membership in legally protected classes, to wit, race, gender, ethnicity, religion, and so on. The protected classes are determined by local law. But nobody is discriminating against him because of his race, whatever that may be. They are discriminating against him because to hire him would be to invite the ire of a large percentage of the customer base.

(d). Clearly, he is the victim of discrimination. He is a more talented, and more accomplished football player than many others who have found jobs in the league. But not all discrimination is illegal or inappropriate. An NFL team could, for example discriminate against a quarterback if they conclude that he is not intelligent enough to do the job. No problem.

CK COULD, if he chose to, make a public statement that he will no longer express his political or quasi-political views in the context of his employment (when playing for or representing the team). HE COULD make a public statement that he has analyzed the relevant data and concluded that there is no statistical evidence to indicate that America's constabulary is killing Black people is disproportionate numbers, hence his protests will not be repeated.

In short, like the reporter who is jailed for contempt because he won't reveal his Source, he holds the keys to his own jail cell. If he won't use them, fuck him. He deserves what he gets.

Forum List

Back