Kaepernick Rejected...Fellow NFLers Whine

Yeah, we should've let Hitler just continue on.

I understand he had some "very fine people".
Yes, ask Kanye liberals are no different than Hitler. Stay on the plantation, or we will destroy you.

Once again, no idea what you're yammering about here.
He says something nice about Trump. Now he is getting threatened by you loons.

*WHO*? Wtf are you yammering about?
Quote me somewhere, I have no idea where you're going with this shit.
If a brother steps off the plantation he will ruined. The bounce 105.1 in Detroit quit playing his music. How dare a negro thinks for himself. Please keep up this hate. The midterms are just around the corner!

Standing "at attention" is a customary practice that is intended to indicate the players' love of country, patriotism, respect for the country's institutions (national anthem and flag).

CK chose to conspicuously decline to stand "at attention" during the playing of the Anthem because he felt he could not display "love" of country "as long as" Blacks - especially young Black men - remain the targets of a homicidal campaign by the national constabulary.

(a). He is entitled to his opinion, and if the First Amendment means anything, it means you can criticize the government without being criminally prosecuted for it. So no government instrumentality, acting in its official capacity, may prosecute CK for his opinion or the expression thereof, regardless of how unpopular it may be.

(b). His employer is a private business. His employer may take action against him if his public conduct is offensive to the customer base, unless such action is prohibited by his contract. But in this case, his employer TOOK NO ACTION AGAINST HIM. HE CHOSE to opt out of the remain years of his contract.

(c). Prospective employers may not discriminate against him for his membership in legally protected classes, to wit, race, gender, ethnicity, religion, and so on. The protected classes are determined by local law. But nobody is discriminating against him because of his race, whatever that may be. They are discriminating against him because to hire him would be to invite the ire of a large percentage of the customer base.

(d). Clearly, he is the victim of discrimination. He is a more talented, and more accomplished football player than many others who have found jobs in the league. But not all discrimination is illegal or inappropriate. An NFL team could, for example discriminate against a quarterback if they conclude that he is not intelligent enough to do the job. No problem.

CK COULD, if he chose to, make a public statement that he will no longer express his political or quasi-political views in the context of his employment (when playing for or representing the team). HE COULD make a public statement that he has analyzed the relevant data and concluded that there is no statistical evidence to indicate that America's constabulary is killing Black people is disproportionate numbers, hence his protests will not be repeated.

In short, like the reporter who is jailed for contempt because he won't reveal his Source, he holds the keys to his own jail cell. If he won't use them, fuck him. He deserves what he gets.

Dumb Democrat Snowflake illogic. He's an employee. He can save his political protests for his personal time. That's how the rest of us live. He isn't special just because he's an athlete and Democrat. Capisce?

Once AGAIN no he's not an "employee", he's a contractor; once AGAIN standing for any national anthem is not required; once AGAIN there's no relationship in any of this to a "jail cell", once AGAIN you don't know what his political party affiliation is or if he even has one, and once AGAIN it already *IS* his personal time,the anthem being not only foisted there by fake-patriotism pimps but also not in any way part of the game he's contracted to play.

See what I mean Montrovant ? Here's another kkklown who wants to JAIL --- literally JAIL, his own term --- a United States citizen for refusing to kiss (up to) the flag. Exactly the same thing that Montana mob did to Earnest Starr. Go ahead and pretend not to understand how it's the same thing. Bring all the Nazi deflections you like.

To begin with, you're quoting two different posters there, but doing it as if it is only one person talking.

Anyway, to start at the end, the poster is comparing Kaepernick to a reporter jailed for contempt. He did not explicitly call for protesters to be jailed. If that was his intent, then sure, I see the Nazi comparison. Of course, you made those comparisons in regards to the entire group of people who oppose sitting/kneeling during the anthem, but if you want to ignore that, go ahead. :)

It is not "personal time" when the national anthem is being played; NFL players are working at that point. That is clearly the context here: whether a person is working or not. When NFL players are wearing their uniforms at a stadium prior to the start of a game, they are "at work."

I don't know if Kaepernick has ever claimed a particular political affiliation, you're right with that.

Players are not required to stand during the anthem; or at least they are not required to do so by the league. Again, you're right there.

If your point was that some people think standing for the anthem should be legally mandatory, or that failure to stand should result in physical punishments/assault, or similar sentiments, I've never even attempted to deny that such people are out there. I have said, and continue to say, that trying to compare everyone who thinks people should stand during the playing of the national anthem to Nazis, or lynchings, etc. is a poor tactic which hurts your argument.

We may be getting closer here. Yes absolutely such people are out there and they have been my very target the entire time --- it is their, here it comes again, thought process that I've been criticizing. To the extent that thought process approaches universality we have a social pressure exerted by mob mentality ..... which is, again, the same thought process that brings about Earnest Starr, a North Korean military parade, burning witches, or any of the other analogies I've offered, out of which you seem to want to fixate on "Nazis".

If one is making the point that a particular thought process is dangerous, obviously one does not draw an analogy that sends that thought process into a bucolic meadow of unicorns and rainbows. When I say it's dangerous, it's incumbent on me to explain WHY it's dangerous.

I understand he had some "very fine people".
Yes, ask Kanye liberals are no different than Hitler. Stay on the plantation, or we will destroy you.

If a brother steps off the plantation he will ruined. The bounce 105.1 in Detroit quit playing his music. How dare a negro thinks for himself. Please keep up this hate. The midterms are just around the corner!

"His" ***WHO***?

"How dare a negro think for himself. Please keep up this hate" indeed. Are you schizophrenic? Because you seem to alternate between getting and not getting my point. "Thinking for oneself" is indeed the very nub of my gist. I strongly STRONGLY recommend it.

Whatever the rest of this dump is about, obviously you're conversing with some voice in your head. I don't live in Detroit, or a plantation, I don't listen to commercial radio, certainly not "the bounce 105.1" whatever the fuck that is, I've posted nothing even vaguely resembling anything even tangentially related to whatever the fuck you're droning on and on and on and on about. Yanno it's posssible that might just be why you can't quote me saying whatever it is you're pulling out of your ass.

"His" ***WHO***?

"How dare a negro think for himself. Please keep up this hate" indeed. Are you schizophrenic? Because you seem to alternate between getting and not getting my point. "Thinking for oneself" is indeed the very nub of my gist. I strongly STRONGLY recommend it.

Whatever the rest of this dump is about, obviously you're conversing with some voice in your head. I don't live in Detroit, or a plantation, I don't listen to commercial radio, certainly not "the bounce 105.1" whatever the fuck that is, I've posted nothing even vaguely resembling anything even tangentially related to whatever the fuck you're droning on and on and on and on about. Yanno it's posssible that might just be why you can't quote me saying whatever it is you're pulling out of your ass.
Like I said YOUR party needs to keep up spewing your hate. It got us Trump and it will get us the midterm. Even if you're to dumb to understand it.

"His" ***WHO***?

Like I said YOUR party needs to keep up spewing your hate. It got us Trump and it will get us the midterm. Even if you're to dumb to understand it.

Once again, I have no "party". I don't believe in 'em. I also have no radio capable of receiving "Bouncy bouncy 105", have posted nothing about "hate" or "midterms", and have no idea where you're trying to go with this endless march of aimless word salads. Take your medications.

"His" ***WHO***?

Once again, I have no "party". I don't believe in 'em. I also have no radio capable of receiving "Bouncy bouncy 105", have posted nothing about "hate" or "midterms", and have no idea where you're trying to go with this endless march of aimless word salads. Take your medications.

You know, this is actually a pretty good example of what I'm saying about your argument. jknowgood is lumping you in with Democrats, or liberals, because he thinks you and that group (those groups) use the same thought process regarding blacks. He's talking about Kanye West, a rapper/entertainer, who has recently been praising Trump and has gotten flack for it. I believe jknowgood is saying that liberals tend to think of blacks as all being basically the same; all following liberal/Democrat philosophy.

That you don't even know who Kanye West is doesn't matter, because he's pegged you as having the same thought processes as the people who are acting toward Kanye West the way he believes they are acting.

Of course this isn't an exact analogy, but I would guess that the majority of people who oppose sitting during the anthem are not also wanting that to be enshrined in law or forced upon others. However, you seem to be lumping all people together who want Americans to stand during the anthem, because somehow the thought process involved in wanting people to stand is the same. When you then make your extreme comparisons, you are comparing both the person who wants kneelers to be shot and the person who would prefer people to stand but would never think of forcing someone to do so.

If, instead, you are only discussing those who would see standing for the anthem forced upon others, then you have not been clear in making that distinction, and that's where the problem has arisen. Your posts have seemed to include everyone who is opposed to kneeling during the anthem, whatever form that opposition takes.

"His" ***WHO***?

You know, this is actually a pretty good example of what I'm saying about your argument. jknowgood is lumping you in with Democrats, or liberals, because he thinks you and that group (those groups) use the same thought process regarding blacks. He's talking about Kanye West, a rapper/entertainer, who has recently been praising Trump and has gotten flack for it. I believe jknowgood is saying that liberals tend to think of blacks as all being basically the same; all following liberal/Democrat philosophy.

That you don't even know who Kanye West is doesn't matter, because he's pegged you as having the same thought processes as the people who are acting toward Kanye West the way he believes they are acting.

Of course this isn't an exact analogy, but I would guess that the majority of people who oppose sitting during the anthem are not also wanting that to be enshrined in law or forced upon others. However, you seem to be lumping all people together who want Americans to stand during the anthem, because somehow the thought process involved in wanting people to stand is the same. When you then make your extreme comparisons, you are comparing both the person who wants kneelers to be shot and the person who would prefer people to stand but would never think of forcing someone to do so.

If, instead, you are only discussing those who would see standing for the anthem forced upon others, then you have not been clear in making that distinction, and that's where the problem has arisen. Your posts have seemed to include everyone who is opposed to kneeling during the anthem, whatever form that opposition takes.

Seems to me the poster's blanket generalization ass-sumption as you describe above, is closely related to the mob mentality I describe, in that it dismisses any variation of expectations and lumps entire (perceived) groups together. It is the enemy of the Open Mind. Blanket generalization fallacies always are.

I've clearly and repeatedly distinguished the difference between those who want to enforce the flag fascism under pain of (torture, loss of employment, etc) and those who do not. The former have been my target throughout. If you can cite somewhere I lumped them together, please quote me.

I seem to have heard the name Kanye West somewhere, though I have no idea who he is and really don't care. If he wants to praise Rump, that's his business. Unless of course he's advocating enforcing mob mentality as my targets are.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back