Kaddafi, Gaddafi, or Qaddafi?

The NY Post spells it "Khadafi" and sometimes "Khadafy". Nj Newsroom spells it "Gadhafi"

Libya owns a 5 acre estate in Englewood NJ. There's speculation he could flee there. Oh brother.

Yes, it’s true. The Libyan government bought the 25 room mansion in 1982. Libya wanted to use it as a diplomatic mansion, but U.S. officials balked at that, so it became a “summer retreat” for the U.N. Ambassador and visiting Libyan dignitaries. The Palisade Avenue home is known as “Thunder Rock”.

After a long court battle, Libya was ruled exempt from paying taxes on that house since 1985. The back taxes alone would be over $1 million, and that would pay for a lot of charter schools. Once he takes up permanent residence in New Jersey, Gadhafi will be forced to start paying, and I just dare him to say no to Chris Christie.

Will Gaddafi flee Libya for Englewood, N.J.? | International | NewJerseyNewsroom.com -- Your State. Your News.

They change the spelling for the west. Kind of like Mao Zedong is western Chinese. The Chinese changed a lot of their spelling for western civilization. Us Americans can't handle their spelling. Of course when they come here, we don't show them the same courtesy.

They change the spelling for the west. Kind of like Mao Zedong is western Chinese. The Chinese changed a lot of their spelling for western civilization. Us Americans can't handle their spelling. Of course when they come here, we don't show them the same courtesy.

Well, to be fair, there's no one to one, character to letter "translation" for the idiographic languages in English, Lulu.

The NY Post spells it "Khadafi" and sometimes "Khadafy". Nj Newsroom spells it "Gadhafi"

Libya owns a 5 acre estate in Englewood NJ. There's speculation he could flee there. Oh brother.

Yes, it’s true. The Libyan government bought the 25 room mansion in 1982. Libya wanted to use it as a diplomatic mansion, but U.S. officials balked at that, so it became a “summer retreat” for the U.N. Ambassador and visiting Libyan dignitaries. The Palisade Avenue home is known as “Thunder Rock”.

After a long court battle, Libya was ruled exempt from paying taxes on that house since 1985. The back taxes alone would be over $1 million, and that would pay for a lot of charter schools. Once he takes up permanent residence in New Jersey, Gadhafi will be forced to start paying, and I just dare him to say no to Chris Christie.

Will Gaddafi flee Libya for Englewood, N.J.? | International | NewJerseyNewsroom.com -- Your State. Your News.

Holy shit.

So, what's with the constant changing of the spelling of his name?

Gaddafi? Kadafi? Qaddafi? What's the correct spelling? - CSMonitor.com

And for that matter, why is Koran now spelled Quran? Moslem has turned into Muslim.

Who initiated these changes? Obviously, the older versions smack of political incorrectness, racism, and intolerance, right? ;)

Personally, who the fuck cares??

It's probably like when (41) would mispronounce "Saddam"...

It's probably Insulting to them.

:)

peace...

So, what's with the constant changing of the spelling of his name?

Gaddafi? Kadafi? Qaddafi? What's the correct spelling? - CSMonitor.com

And for that matter, why is Koran now spelled Quran? Moslem has turned into Muslim.

Who initiated these changes? Obviously, the older versions smack of political incorrectness, racism, and intolerance, right? ;)

I'd be more concerned with figuring out what the past tense for his name will be.

for Maddy

motherfucker; some one that fucks your mother
motherfuckering; some one that is fucking your mother now
motherfuckered; some that has fucked your mother

Hangdaffied? Fuckdaffied?

hmm

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Gaddafi's name

Because of the lack of standardization of transliterating written- and regionally-pronounced Arabic, Gaddafi's name has been transliterated in many different ways into English and other Latin alphabet languages. Even though the Arabic spelling of a word does not change, the pronunciation may vary in different varieties of Arabic, which may cause a different romanization. In literary Arabic the name معمر القذافي can be pronounced /muˈʕamːaru lqaðˈðaːfiː/. [ʕ] represents a voiced pharyngeal fricative (ع). Geminated consonants can be simplified. In Libyan Arabic, /q/ (ق) may be replaced with [ɡ] or [k] (or even [χ]; and /ð/ (ذ) (as "th" in "this") may be replaced with [d] or [t]. Vowel often alternates with [o] in pronunciation. Thus, /muˈʕamːar alqaðˈðaːfiː/ is normally pronounced in Libyan Arabic [muˈʕæmːɑrˤ əlɡædˈdæːfi]. The definite article al- (ال) is often omitted.

An article published in the London Evening Standard in 2004 lists a total of 37 spellings of his name, while a 1986 column by The Straight Dope quotes a list of 32 spellings known at the Library of Congress. ABC made a post on its blog identifying 112 possible spellings. This extensive confusion of naming was used as the subject for a segment of Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update in the early 1980s.

"Muammar Gaddafi" is the spelling used by TIME magazine, BBC News, the majority of the British press and by the English service of Al-Jazeera. The Associated Press, CNN, and Fox News use "Moammar Gadhafi". The Edinburgh Middle East Report uses "Mu'ammar Qaddafi" and the U.S. Department of State uses "Mu'ammar Al-Qadhafi". The Xinhua News Agency uses "Muammar Khaddafi" in its English reports.

In 1986, Gaddafi reportedly responded to a Minnesota school's letter in English using the spelling "Moammar El-Gadhafi". The title of the homepage of algathafi.org reads "Welcome to the official site of Muammar Al Gathafi".

Muammar al-Gaddafi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, to be fair, there's no one to one, character to letter "translation" for the idiographic languages in English, Lulu.

This.

A murdering sack of dung by any other name is still a murdering sack of dung.

Last edited by a moderator:
A murdering sack of dung by any other name is still a murdering sack of dung.

True, just like Ariel Sharon and his POS buddy Benjamin Netanyahu :evil:

No, Ariel and Bibi did not and do not kill their own Sunni Man.

Can-U-Hear-Me-Now.jpg

Negged for lying.

Last edited:
I am not anti-semitic at all.

And actually worry that people will finally get fed up with the Jews and cause them harm.

History has shown this to be the case over and over;

as Jews have been killed and driven out of countless countries throughout history.

My solution to the Jewish problem.

Would be to round them up world wide and find and island to quarantine them on.

There are several islands in the world that could easily contain the 13 million Jews that currently reside in various nations and Israel.

This way the Jews could build the ultimate Hebrew society they have always dreamed of.

Several gun boats would patrol the waters around the island to prevent any Jews from trying to escape.

This way the Jews could be protected from harm; and the world could finally have peace and security.

Thus a Win = Win for both Jews and Gentiles :thup:

Added for context.

and if you think Sunni is a die hard Muslim from some backwater shithole, think again, he is American born and converted to Islam

But he's not moderate on everything but Jews which is what you said he was. Is he moderate on everything but Jews and Homosexuals?

Both should be separated from the rest of the world? Other than that he's moderate?
So what's the big deal?

Many millions of Americans don't like homosexuals or their lifestyle.

Many millions who don't like does not equate into removing the world's homosexuals from the rest of mankind. Same thing you want to do with Jews? Then what next? Christians?

First They came... - Pastor Martin Niemoller
First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

First they came

Forum List

Back