K9s for Warriors

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
17-10-Joane_Bailey.jpg

I don't know the specifics of their operation, but this appears to be an awesome program. Information on the organization and ways to donate/help can be found @ | K9s For Warriors

The impact that a service animal can have goes beyond one single person. For Michelle, getting connected with her dog Leia in July 2016 helped her connect with the rest of her family as well. "I want to be able to go to my daughter's functions, show her support and be the outgoing parent to her that I once was," she said. "This training with my new service dog partner gives me that support, help and hope that I've been needing to continue on with life. K9s for Warriors is truly a life-changing program!"

More @ The Dogs That Fight for Our Veterans

I can understand the critical need for Veterans who suffer from physical trauma from combat injuries to get the best therapy available so it's puzzling that the program seems to be restricted to traumatic brain injury. The Obama administration opened the door for PTSD claims even though the Veterans seeking a disability pension may have never seen a single day of combat. PTSD is often an excuse for drug abuse and spousal abuse so how the hell is a dog going to help? These dogs don't rise to the standard of canine aid for the blind so all they are is fuzzy companions that you can pick up (and dispose of) in any shelter in the Country.. I'm sorry to say that this (tax exempt) operation seems to be in business to pawn off semi-trained dogs and portray Veterans as victims instead of heroes.

You have a tax exempt kennel operation promising to award U.S. Veterans with semi trained dogs if they claim to be mentally disabled victims of their legitimate Military service or female victims who allege sexual assault during their tour in the Military. It sounds more like a left wing propaganda organization with possible connections to international left wing crazies.

Forum List

Back