Justified Murder.

uptownlivin90

Rebelious Youngin
Oct 16, 2009
Maryland
Kansas judge again backs defense in abortion shooting - USATODAY.com

WICHITA (AP) — A Kansas judge has again refused to block a confessed abortion clinic killer from arguing in court that he should be spared a murder conviction because he believed he was saving unborn children.
Judge Warren Wilbert dealt prosecutors a setback during a hearing Tuesday. He said that until the defense decides which evidence it will present, it's difficult for him to rule out Scott Roeder's proposed defense claim in the killing of Dr. George Tiller in Wichita, Kansas, last May.

Did anybody else find this disturbing? This guy could get infront of a jury and argue that he should be let free on lesser charges because he thought he was saving unborn babies? What if I killed a woman on birth control because I thought that was killing unborn babies? Really... um I'm kind of pissed. Seriously... with all this bullshit about Harry Reid saying negro, I've actually found something to be mad about rather then just amused.

I don't see how allowing the defense to present a weak defense, that likely will hurt him more than help, would make you angry.
let them argue that evil midgets from outerspace forced him to do it, the end result will be the same, a guilty verdict.
It's a pretty far-fetched argument, just like those that argue that god or satan made me do it.
This argument even defeats any attempt to argue insanity, as to make this argument this guy proves that he knew it was wrong by arguing he was trying to prevent another wrong.

Legal posturing. Essentially the judge said he will wait to see what the defense will be before making a final decision. What's the problem?

If you cut up unborn children and put them in medical waste bags for a living, I guess I can see someone being a little bothered about that. Sure. Maybe even enough to kill you.

Under the law as written in that state, the judge made the proper, legal call, which was merely to allow him to make that particular argument if he wished. That being said, I think the jury should treat this slob like any other selfish, cold-blooded murderer and slap his sorry ass in prison.

Twinkie defense. Its getting old.

As far as criminals go, I say let them make the best possible defense they can, whatever they think that is. Let there be no doubt that they got a fair trial, with the full benefits of the law. Then string 'em up by the testicles in the town square. :eusa_whistle:

If you cut up unborn children and put them in medical waste bags for a living, I guess I can see someone being a little bothered about that. Sure. Maybe even enough to kill you.

Hey, that's our justice system for you. While I feel this fella should be punished to the full extent, there should equal precedence - to protect the unborn.

Kansas judge again backs defense in abortion shooting - USATODAY.com

WICHITA (AP) — A Kansas judge has again refused to block a confessed abortion clinic killer from arguing in court that he should be spared a murder conviction because he believed he was saving unborn children.
Judge Warren Wilbert dealt prosecutors a setback during a hearing Tuesday. He said that until the defense decides which evidence it will present, it's difficult for him to rule out Scott Roeder's proposed defense claim in the killing of Dr. George Tiller in Wichita, Kansas, last May.

Did anybody else find this disturbing? This guy could get infront of a jury and argue that he should be let free on lesser charges because he thought he was saving unborn babies? What if I killed a woman on birth control because I thought that was killing unborn babies? Really... um I'm kind of pissed. Seriously... with all this bullshit about Harry Reid saying negro, I've actually found something to be mad about rather then just amused.

then you're also against laws that allow for someone to be convicted of MURDERING an unborn child? scott peterson the most recent widely known example...

Doesn't disturb me one bit.

I hope he is successful.

Are you saying you think someone who presents that defense should be acquitted when he shoots an abortion provider dead? Unprovoked? In a church setting???

If you knew for a unquestionable fact that someone was going to kill an innocent person who had no way of defending themselves and when you went to the authorities, they said since no crime has been committed, there was nothing they could do, would you be willing to kill that person to save an innocent life?

Forum List

Back