Justice Souter Replacement - Liberals Answer Don't Pick a Judge! WTF

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by GHook93, May 5, 2009.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    You know a pipe burst in my house, but instead of calling the plumber, I called the cable guy! Yep that wouldn't make much sense either. Yet the liberals in the Senate are calling for Obama to replace a judge on our HIGHEST court with a person who has never been a judge! Are you fucking kidding me! Now Douche bag Specter is saying that the Next Supreme Court Justice doesn't even have to be a former lawyer, just a statesman! Not even the liberals in Europe would make such a bone-headed mistake.

This is insanity! There is no justification for appointing a non-judge to the highest court in the land! I thought it was bad enough that liberal assholes like Big DICK Turbin were stating that the next Supreme Court Justice must be a woman or minority. Call me crazy, but I think a far better guide would be Who is most Qualified! If the most qualified is a Latino America, African America, Women or a White Man, then for god's sake pick the most qualified. Why the hell should there be tolerated discrimination against a White Man. However, this is all dwarfed in comparison to the stupidity of calling for the Next Supreme Court Justice to not be a judge!

I know the liberals on the board don't what to think of liberalism as a mental disorder; however, this is not refuting that theory!

Senators Urge Obama to Replace Souter With Non-Judge, Maybe Hillary Clinton

2. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    While I agree with your premise and your point, please don't think that the liberal "leaders" represent liberals, something a liberal is suppose to live by is that the leaders don't speak for everyone (suppose to based on what it was like when I first learned about politics).

3. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,028
    Hillary would be amazing. Maybe she'll get another chance after a few years.

4. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    John Marshall is widely revered as "the great Chief Justice," but before joining the Supreme Court in 1801 he had never served a day in judicial robes and lost the only case he argued at the high court.

Earl Warren had worked for 18 years as a prosecutor and was three times elected governor of California. But he had no prior judicial experience. Nor did William Rehnquist, Felix Frankfurter, and Louis Brandeis.
    http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/1007/p01s03-usju.html

5. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,226
    Remember Bush tried to appoint Harriet Meyers?

6. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    It was Meiers.

And if Lawrence Tribe were younger, he'd have made a pretty good justice, I suspect.

I think you may be a little angry over nothing on this one, G.

7. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    Always a straw man, red herring argument with you. Of course you support this move, because that is what your masters are suggesting! If your masters were against it so would you!

8. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    I agree painting with a board brush is dangerous!

9. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    Do I want someone who supports Gay Marriage yes. Do I want a pro-choicer, I do also, but I don't want a far-leftist nut. I want someone who upholds the constitution and does their best to stay neutral. Note: I don't like Scalia any more than I like Ginsburg. Although I like Scalia's philosophy he only follows it when it suits him, he ignores his own doctrine when it doesn't!

However, I think its a poor decision to suggest appointing a non-judge, but Specter saying being a lawyer is not a prerequisite is insane!

I also don't think its bad to have a women or a minority selected to replace Souter; however, neither criteria should be a prerequisite! The main determining factor should be who will do the best job!

10. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    larry tribe is one of the biggest hypocrites strolling about on two feet. he and his neighbors drove a private charter school out of his neighborhood because it was predominantly attended by minority children. can you say, "there goes the neighborhood?" larry did and kicked and screamed unitl the school moved.
    fuck him.

Liberal establishment on Tory Row - Commonwealth Day School controversy | National Review | Find Articles at BNET