Justice Souter Replacement - Liberals Answer Don't Pick a Judge! WTF

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
You know a pipe burst in my house, but instead of calling the plumber, I called the cable guy! Yep that wouldn't make much sense either. Yet the liberals in the Senate are calling for Obama to replace a judge on our HIGHEST court with a person who has never been a judge! Are you fucking kidding me! Now Douche bag Specter is saying that the Next Supreme Court Justice doesn't even have to be a former lawyer, just a statesman! Not even the liberals in Europe would make such a bone-headed mistake.

This is insanity! There is no justification for appointing a non-judge to the highest court in the land! I thought it was bad enough that liberal assholes like Big DICK Turbin were stating that the next Supreme Court Justice must be a woman or minority. Call me crazy, but I think a far better guide would be Who is most Qualified! If the most qualified is a Latino America, African America, Women or a White Man, then for god's sake pick the most qualified. Why the hell should there be tolerated discrimination against a White Man. However, this is all dwarfed in comparison to the stupidity of calling for the Next Supreme Court Justice to not be a judge!

I know the liberals on the board don't what to think of liberalism as a mental disorder; however, this is not refuting that theory!

Senators Urge Obama to Replace Souter With Non-Judge, Maybe Hillary Clinton
Liberal senators are urging President Barack Obama to not select a judge for the position. They want a woman and someone outside the judicial realm -- possibly Hillary Clinton.

Meanwhile, pro-abortion Sen. Arlen Specter, the former Republican ranking minority member on the Senate judiciary panel, told CBS' "Face the Nation" that he would like to see someone "who has done something more than wear a black robe for most of their lives."

"Perhaps a statesman - or a stateswoman," he added when asked to elaborate.

While I agree with your premise and your point, please don't think that the liberal "leaders" represent liberals, something a liberal is suppose to live by is that the leaders don't speak for everyone (suppose to based on what it was like when I first learned about politics).

You know a pipe burst in my house, but instead of calling the plumber, I called the cable guy! Yep that wouldn't make much sense either. Yet the liberals in the Senate are calling for Obama to replace a judge on our HIGHEST court with a person who has never been a judge! Are you fucking kidding me! Now Douche bag Specter is saying that the Next Supreme Court Justice doesn't even have to be a former lawyer, just a statesman! Not even the liberals in Europe would make such a bone-headed mistake.

This is insanity! There is no justification for appointing a non-judge to the highest court in the land! I thought it was bad enough that liberal assholes like Big DICK Turbin were stating that the next Supreme Court Justice must be a woman or minority. Call me crazy, but I think a far better guide would be Who is most Qualified! If the most qualified is a Latino America, African America, Women or a White Man, then for god's sake pick the most qualified. Why the hell should there be tolerated discrimination against a White Man. However, this is all dwarfed in comparison to the stupidity of calling for the Next Supreme Court Justice to not be a judge!

I know the liberals on the board don't what to think of liberalism as a mental disorder; however, this is not refuting that theory!

Liberal senators are urging President Barack Obama to not select a judge for the position. They want a woman and someone outside the judicial realm -- possibly Hillary Clinton.

Meanwhile, pro-abortion Sen. Arlen Specter, the former Republican ranking minority member on the Senate judiciary panel, told CBS' "Face the Nation" that he would like to see someone "who has done something more than wear a black robe for most of their lives."

Hillary would be amazing. Maybe she'll get another chance after a few years.

John Marshall is widely revered as "the great Chief Justice," but before joining the Supreme Court in 1801 he had never served a day in judicial robes and lost the only case he argued at the high court.

Earl Warren had worked for 18 years as a prosecutor and was three times elected governor of California. But he had no prior judicial experience. Nor did William Rehnquist, Felix Frankfurter, and Louis Brandeis.
http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/1007/p01s03-usju.html

Remember Bush tried to appoint Harriet Meyers?

Always a straw man, red herring argument with you. Of course you support this move, because that is what your masters are suggesting! If your masters were against it so would you!

While I agree with your premise and your point, please don't think that the liberal "leaders" represent liberals, something a liberal is suppose to live by is that the leaders don't speak for everyone (suppose to based on what it was like when I first learned about politics).

I agree painting with a board brush is dangerous!

It was Meiers.

And if Lawrence Tribe were younger, he'd have made a pretty good justice, I suspect.

I think you may be a little angry over nothing on this one, G.

Do I want someone who supports Gay Marriage yes. Do I want a pro-choicer, I do also, but I don't want a far-leftist nut. I want someone who upholds the constitution and does their best to stay neutral. Note: I don't like Scalia any more than I like Ginsburg. Although I like Scalia's philosophy he only follows it when it suits him, he ignores his own doctrine when it doesn't!

However, I think its a poor decision to suggest appointing a non-judge, but Specter saying being a lawyer is not a prerequisite is insane!

I also don't think its bad to have a women or a minority selected to replace Souter; however, neither criteria should be a prerequisite! The main determining factor should be who will do the best job!

It was Meiers.

And if Lawrence Tribe were younger, he'd have made a pretty good justice, I suspect.

larry tribe is one of the biggest hypocrites strolling about on two feet. he and his neighbors drove a private charter school out of his neighborhood because it was predominantly attended by minority children. can you say, "there goes the neighborhood?" larry did and kicked and screamed unitl the school moved.
fuck him.

Liberal establishment on Tory Row - Commonwealth Day School controversy | National Review | Find Articles at BNET

I'm still available for the job.

I bring with me no illusions about the law making sense, either.

Sadly most people who are lawyers think the self referential system of deciding cases based on previous decisions actually makes sense.

So that makes most people enamored with the nicities and sublties of the law unqualified to sit on that bench, I think.

Or am I the only person here who thinks that some of the best Supreme Court decisons were those that refuted previous Supreme court decisions?

But still I think I'd so a smashing job at this post.

I'm a old White man who doesn't like to work too hard but who knows how to get other people (clerks) to do most of the heavy lifting.

It's about time we put a Bohemian-American on the Supreme Courts.

there is PRESCEDENCE in our history with supreme court justices who never wore a Robe....

It is unconstitutional to ONLY allow those who have worn the robe previously, in the eligibility process to become a Supreme court justice....imho.

Last edited:

Oh well this serves reason perfectly... what The lord of the Idiots is looking for is a "Community Activist"... OKA: A Marxist... Who isn't prone to get all bogged down with a firm understanding of sound jurisprudence, the principles of justice and the content and purpose of the US Constitution...

He's looking for A PROXY...

He's a lawyer... all he needs is someone on the SCOTUS bench to cast his vote in critical culture altering decisions...

Nothing new or surprising here... It's directly out of "The Rules for Radicals"...

Remember Bush tried to appoint Harriet Meyers?

Oh yes... and I remember the nationwide revolt of Americans who elected him...

Which will not be something that happens with the left... who will gobble up whoever he appoints, because he will appoint the most repulsive leftbanger imaginable.

I wouldn't be a BIT surprised if Ayers or Chomsky aren't 'considered'... and are run up the flag pole at some point.

It was Meiers.

Do I want someone who supports Gay Marriage yes. Do I want a pro-choicer, I do also, but I don't want a far-leftist nut.

ROFLMNAO...

LOOK MA'! A Moderate....

Notice how she wants someone who she qualifies through their ascent to unconstitutional left-think notions... BUT is ADAMENT in her declaration that she doesn't want an actual leftists... who OPENLY REJECTS THE US...

She wants someone who lends lipservice to the USC... THEN disregards it through some spurious, subjective rant ...

LOL... Leftists...

Last edited:
It was Meiers.

larry tribe is one of the biggest hypocrites strolling about on two feet. he and his neighbors drove a private charter school out of his neighborhood because it was predominantly attended by minority children. can you say, "there goes the neighborhood?" larry did and kicked and screamed unitl the school moved.
fuck him.

Liberal establishment on Tory Row - Commonwealth Day School controversy | National Review | Find Articles at BNET

I was just commenting on his scholarship. He may well be a huge jerk. But I'm figuring that the next justice will be a bit younger,anyway. ;)

It was Meiers.

fuck him.

I was just commenting on his scholarship. He may well be a huge jerk. But I'm figuring that the next justice will be a bit younger,anyway. ;)

oh, i know but he's like teddy kennedy; i can't miss a chance to slag him.
:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back