Justice Scalia Stands Firm in His Views of Same-sex 'Marriage' Decision

NOMblog: Justice Scalia Stands Firm in His Views of Same-sex 'Marriage' Decision

I agree with him the Supreme Court IS a threat to the United States but Scalia loses major points from me with his Citizens United decision. He is still the most respected and correctly minded SC justice but his decision on that especially was wrong.

Their problem is that the states have already thought of a way around it. They will simply stop issuing marriage licenses and allow a simple form be submitted to the Probate Judge's office and a filing fee be paid by the form submitter. This will prevent lawsuits against pastors, county clerks, justices of the peace, etc., yet continue to allow the state to collect revenue from the form's probate. This reduces marriage to simply a legal exercise without the benefit of clergy or religion.
That's fine...by doing that they following Constitutionality....for all. BTW...civil marriage has NEVER required clergy or religion.....so this just streamlines the license process. Win for all. Might even save some bucks and they can get rid of some government jobs while at it.

That's the idea. That way the gays and lesbians have no grounds upon which to sue anyone. Those who really wish to have a Christian ceremony can still have one if they wish.

NOMblog: Justice Scalia Stands Firm in His Views of Same-sex 'Marriage' Decision

I agree with him the Supreme Court IS a threat to the United States but Scalia loses major points from me with his Citizens United decision. He is still the most respected and correctly minded SC justice but his decision on that especially was wrong.

Their problem is that the states have already thought of a way around it. They will simply stop issuing marriage licenses and allow a simple form be submitted to the Probate Judge's office and a filing fee be paid by the form submitter. This will prevent lawsuits against pastors, county clerks, justices of the peace, etc., yet continue to allow the state to collect revenue from the form's probate. This reduces marriage to simply a legal exercise without the benefit of clergy or religion.
That's fine...by doing that they following Constitutionality....for all. BTW...civil marriage has NEVER required clergy or religion.....so this just streamlines the license process. Win for all. Might even save some bucks and they can get rid of some government jobs while at it.

That's the idea. That way the gays and lesbians have no grounds upon which to sue anyone. Those who really wish to have a Christian ceremony can still have one if they wish.
Who were gays and lesbians planning on suing?

Who were gays and lesbians planning on suing?

Well, they got that Kentucky clerk put in jail because she wouldn't issue them a marriage license and it will be just a matter of time before they get someone else in trouble since I understand there are some in Texas that are still refusing to issue them marriage licenses and they also got that guy in trouble over the wedding cake. Everyone supposes they will eventually take some pastor to task over refusing to perform a marriage ceremony for them. If all the states just begin issuing these forms. then all this crap should be avoided.

Forum List

Back