Justice Roberts to Rule Against Hobby Lobby

If this is true, Roberts will be removed. It's no different from a municipal court clerk whispering "The fix is in."

It is Roberts law clerk who works with him and helps him write the opinion, No fix, just what is coming based on sound legal reasoning

The only sound legal reasoning is in your head. The case has just been heard, no legal reasoning has taken place. The justices will discuss it, their own law clerks as well as the other clerks working for Justice Roberts will write opinions, and then the justices will write their own. For a clerk to come up with this prognostication at this stage would be immediate dismissal. Sometime in mid-June you will see the results of whatever sound legal reasoning that has actually taken place.
The Court is made up of people. Most of their minds were made up before the briefs were even mailed in.

...The slippery slope of allowing employers to decide what to and what not to cover with regards to employees health is of concern....

wow... the attitude this sort of quote indicates speaks volumes.
That "attitude" is why States, law enforcement, schools, and parents, almost always, get the benefit of the doubt. The Court will step on toes but it usually tries hard not to. Obamacare stood. That should tell you something important. The State got the benefit of the doubt.

It tells me that the authoritarian zeal of our leaders has seeped into the Court. Which means we are truly fucked.

It is Roberts law clerk who works with him and helps him write the opinion, No fix, just what is coming based on sound legal reasoning

The only sound legal reasoning is in your head. The case has just been heard, no legal reasoning has taken place. The justices will discuss it, their own law clerks as well as the other clerks working for Justice Roberts will write opinions, and then the justices will write their own. For a clerk to come up with this prognostication at this stage would be immediate dismissal. Sometime in mid-June you will see the results of whatever sound legal reasoning that has actually taken place.
The Court is made up of people. Most of their minds were made up before the briefs were even mailed in.

That's a good argument for doing away with jury trials.

I don't believe in them, but I'm okay with the Court. They have a better process.

Ahhh...I think they will rule in HL favor as they should. I am not christian hell I ain't religious but NO COMPANY should be forced to pay for an Abortion.

wow... the attitude this sort of quote indicates speaks volumes.
That "attitude" is why States, law enforcement, schools, and parents, almost always, get the benefit of the doubt. The Court will step on toes but it usually tries hard not to. Obamacare stood. That should tell you something important. The State got the benefit of the doubt.

It tells me that the authoritarian zeal of our leaders has seeped into the Court. Which means we are truly fucked.
You should learn the history of the court. This "attitude" is older than it is.

This really should be true about Scalia.

Who actually already ruled on this.

Employment Division v. Smith expressly points out that religion does NOT trump law.
I would hope it goes 6-3 with him on the right side of the issue but that is a lot to hope for. You'd think these guys would be more realistic on the court after if said your Second Amendment rights could be taken away if you knocked the wife and kids around?

Rights have limitations people, and corporations aren't people. They are run by them and treated as such in certain aspects, that's all. If you want your faith to be your work, join a church as a Preacher. Everyone else might as well be cleaning the toilets for all the faith that's required.

Ruling for Hobby Lobby would set an extremely dangerous precedent and fast forward this country into theocracy.

This would really be a very big step toward religious fascism.

Say what??

How will saying that your employer doesn't have to pay for your birth control a step towards Religious Fascism?

Why shouldn't a person be responsible for paying for their own birth control?

If the Supreme court is going to rule on how they feel instead of what the law says, then we have truly lost the judiciary. A fair trial according to the law will have become impossible. Administration of justice will be based on how someone feels that day rather than what the law says. We saw it happen in California when a single judge ruled against Prop 8. If it's done with the Supreme Court, we have become lawless. May as well take to the streets for vigilante justice.

Whatever Justice Roberts uses in his legal reasoning, he better have a basis to overcome the Restoration of Religious Freedom Act if he rules against Hobby Lobby.

I would hope it goes 6-3 with him on the right side of the issue but that is a lot to hope for. You'd think these guys would be more realistic on the court after if said your Second Amendment rights could be taken away if you knocked the wife and kids around?

Rights have limitations people, and corporations aren't people. They are run by them and treated as such in certain aspects, that's all. If you want your faith to be your work, join a church as a Preacher. Everyone else might as well be cleaning the toilets for all the faith that's required.

Ruling for Hobby Lobby would set an extremely dangerous precedent and fast forward this country into theocracy.

Say what??

How will saying that your employer doesn't have to pay for your birth control a step towards Religious Fascism?

Haven't you heard? Freedom is Fascism. Liberty is Bigotry. etc...

Say what??

Why shouldn't they pay for their own insurance like they do their housing and car?

Indeed, and shows how Progressives as Painted TURD reviles the Founders and the Constitution.

Ahhh...I think they will rule in HL favor as they should. I am not christian hell I ain't religious but NO COMPANY should be forced to pay for an Abortion.
NO ONE should be forced to pay for something that circumvents their belief system. This whole issue is an affront to the FIRST AMENDMENT.
If that were true I wouldn't be paying for tanks and drones? BTW, it's not true.

NO ONE should be forced to pay for something that circumvents their belief system. This whole issue is an affront to the FIRST AMENDMENT.

I didn't believe that attacking Iraq was the right thing to do.

I paid for it.

Are you saying I can sue Bush now?

:lol:

I didn't believe that attacking Iraq was the right thing to do.

I paid for it.

Are you saying I can sue Bush now?

:lol:

Can't we just lock him in G Bay with Rove,Cheney,Rice,etc? Oh and throw in this regime's idiots as well. And Clintons! Hell all the ones that are still alive! War crimes trial of the century!

That Hobby Lobby is prepared to pay and has been paying for 16 different kinds of contraceptives will be factored in. After all, many insurance companies have lists of medications they won't pay for. Most insurance companies won't cover any over the counter medication at all. You have to buy your own aspirin and Nyquil. Plan B is available over the counter. It's quite likely that contraceptives that are widely available at low cost or no cost, will be something HL will not have to cover. The burden on HL with the attendant loss of religious freedom, while there is a less restrictive means available to the employee might result in a ruling that you have not thought of.

It is not like this insurance coverage is necessary for ALL HL employees. It is not a coverage that is universally necessary. Men who work for HL don't need it. Women past child bearing age who work for HL don't need it. The Justices have more to consider than how to best please abortinists.

Say what??

Indeed. MOOCHERS like Sallow think the producers should PAY for his and others' lifestyles at the point of a gun...Government FORCE. Sallow doesn't believe in individual responsibility...for his Gubmint check is imperiled.

Forum List

Back