Justice Roberts: It's A Tax

The law states the mandate is a penalty - Congress. For the purposes of Constitutionality, the Court said the penalty is a tax.

It's a penalty that's a tax.

see?

You right wingers have a difficult enough time getting headlines straight: FOX News: "Supreme Court Finds Health Care Individual Mandate Unconstitutional." the rest of us don't really expect you to comprehend the facts yet.

:lmao:

Why the heck do folks constantly refer to 'Tax and Spend Democrats.....'?

Why the heck is that, I wonder......

The law states the mandate is a penalty - Congress. For the purposes of Constitutionality, the Court said the penalty is a tax.

see?

You right wingers have a difficult enough time getting headlines straight: FOX News: "Supreme Court Finds Health Care Individual Mandate Unconstitutional." the rest of us don't really expect you to comprehend the facts yet.

Why the heck do folks constantly refer to 'Tax and Spend Democrats.....'?

Why the heck is that, I wonder......

dementia, deceit, and deflection?

I guess those "Tax Us Into A Huge Recession Republicans" need some lying time

Ronald Reagan triples the national debt and is hailed as a Conservative Hero.

Paul Ryan votes to support all of W. Bush's unfunded wars and programs, all while arguing the debt was not large enough and you people....

never mind

Paul Ryan votes to support all of W. Bush's unfunded wars and programs, all while arguing the debt was not large enough and you people....

never mind

Dude stop smoking that shit. What ever Reagan did worked what obama is doing not working.

I believe there was some talk of that,inot a shell b llif you google roberts questions comments he discus's it as a tax....

Are you referring to the question of it coming from the Senate?

You're saying he knew, and discounted it?

actually Reid is one crafty MFer.

the house as originator argument doesn't bare really.

I did some digging, the bill that passed the senate, had passed the house and wasn’t technically a Senate bill- hr3590, Congressional Bills and Votes - NYTimes.com it was originally a bill for military homeowner tax breaks, House OKs tax breaks for military homeowners - Air Force News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Air Force Times , he took the provisions out of the original bill and turned it into whats called a shell bill ergo- HR3590. they have used this gag before, and though it seems to violate art. 1 section 7, (the house as originator ) it has flown before and good luck on killing it now.

I believe there was some talk of that,inot a shell b llif you google roberts questions comments he discus's it as a tax....

I did some digging, the bill that passed the senate, had passed the house and wasn’t technically a Senate bill- hr3590, Congressional Bills and Votes - NYTimes.com it was originally a bill for military homeowner tax breaks, House OKs tax breaks for military homeowners - Air Force News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Air Force Times , he took the provisions out of the original bill and turned it into whats called a shell bill ergo- HR3590. they have used this gag before, and though it seems to violate art. 1 section 7, (the house as originator ) it has flown before and good luck on killing it now.

Yup, the whole thing is a lie from start to finish. But an apparently legal lie which we're not supposed to resent because they supposedly did it for our own good and we should have known in advance that they were liars who would do that kind of thing even if we told them we were having second thoughts when we saw how the legislation was developing.

I hate hating. But I'm pretty close to hate right now.

Good thing those guys are all rich and can afford good security because I bet that there are a lot of people who resent being lied to so much that they might not be content to vent in forums like this and bide their time until they can exact their revenge at the ballot box.

We can bust into you house and rape you but it's okay because we wrote a law saying we could and we put it in a shell bill that originated in the house and the supreme court agreed that since you guys elected us you have to take the consequences and the consequence is that you're screwed.

I do hope that no one makes a martyr out of Obama or any of his partners in crime, but I won't mind if Reid and Pelosi feel a little bit tense when they check to make sure their alarms are armed every night. Oh wait, they have servants for that. Never mind. We're just screwed and they are feeling proud about it.

...Justice Roberts: It's A Tax...
Yes that's what Roberts said:--but he has to have known that Obamacare came from the Senate...so that means it can't be a tax---
Section 7 - Revenue Bills, Legislative Process, Presidential Veto

All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

"...but he has to have known that Obamacare came from the Senate..."

I read that, and also thought it was a great point....

...but did the plaintiff's argue that point before the court?

If they didn't....it's the reason we lost.

you people are demented. you actually think the best Constitutional law minds in the country haven't went over this with a fine tooth comb? :lmao:

you're all demented and playing at being Constitutional scholars as a way of rallying the troops.

:popcorn:

watching this because it's pathetically hilarious. better than a car chase in LA

:huddle:

Yes that's what Roberts said:--but he has to have known that Obamacare came from the Senate...so that means it can't be a tax---

you people are demented. you actually think the best Constitutional law minds in the country haven't went over this with a fine tooth comb? :lmao:

you're all demented and playing at being Constitutional scholars as a way of rallying the troops.

watching this because it's pathetically hilarious. better than a car chase in LA

Are these the same great minds that insisted that Obamacare was constitutional under both the commerce clause and the necessary and proper clause of the constitution?

never mind

The Left will never admit it, but Ronald Reagan's military stance purchased the world from the abattoir known as communism.

The Obama Democrats....you one?....have accumulated more debt than all previous President's combined....
...and purchased what exactly?

Some ethereal, apparitional category known as 'jobs saved'?

Or the hypothetical 'new great Depression'....

Now...take notes here:

"(CNSNews.com) - The Obama administration passed another fiscal milestone this week, according to new data released by the Treasury Department. As of the close of business on Oct. 3, the total national debt was $14,837,099,271,196.71—up about $44.8 billion from Sept. 30.

That means that in the less-than-three-years Obama has been in office, the federal debt has increased by $4.212 trillion--more than the total national debt of about $4.1672 trillion accumulated by all 41 U.S. presidents from George Washington through George H.W. Bush combined."
Obama Has Now Increased Debt More than All Presidents from George Washington Through George H.W. Bush Combined | CNSNews.com

As I documented in another thread, Obama has added 21 new taxes.

Did someone say "Tax and Spend Democrats"?

see?

you are apparently suffering a semantics/comprehension fail.

it is a Tax, NOT a "Penalty Tax" [sic].

Yup, the whole thing is a lie from start to finish. But an apparently legal lie which we're not supposed to resent because they supposedly did it for our own good and we should have known in advance that they were liars who would do that kind of thing even if we told them we were having second thoughts when we saw how the legislation was developing.

I hate hating. But I'm pretty close to hate right now.

Good thing those guys are all rich and can afford good security because I bet that there are a lot of people who resent being lied to so much that they might not be content to vent in forums like this and bide their time until they can exact their revenge at the ballot box.

We can bust into you house and rape you but it's okay because we wrote a law saying we could and we put it in a shell bill that originated in the house and the supreme court agreed that since you guys elected us you have to take the consequences and the consequence is that you're screwed.

I do hope that no one makes a martyr out of Obama or any of his partners in crime, but I won't mind if Reid and Pelosi feel a little bit tense when they check to make sure their alarms are armed every night. Oh wait, they have servants for that. Never mind. We're just screwed and they are feeling proud about it.

well hey, its not like they are bankers and the SEIU will come to their homes;)

never mind

The Left will never admit it, but Ronald Reagan's military stance purchased the world from the abattoir known as communism.

The Obama Democrats....you one?....have accumulated more debt than all previous President's combined....

Now...take notes here:

"(CNSNews.com) - The Obama administration passed another fiscal milestone this week, according to new data released by the Treasury Department. As of the close of business on Oct. 3, the total national debt was $14,837,099,271,196.71—up about $44.8 billion from Sept. 30.

That means that in the less-than-three-years Obama has been in office, the federal debt has increased by $4.212 trillion--more than the total national debt of about $4.1672 trillion accumulated by all 41 U.S. presidents from George Washington through George H.W. Bush combined."
Obama Has Now Increased Debt More than All Presidents from George Washington Through George H.W. Bush Combined | CNSNews.com

The Excise tax will drive medical device manuf. off shore,,,,,,,and then the dems will wallop the poor bastards for doing it.

That 3.8% tax on investment income will rebound on their heads too, but hey, its for 'for the people'!!!!!!

Are these the same great minds that insisted that Obamacare was constitutional under both the commerce clause and the necessary and proper clause of the constitution?

No, they are the very same ones that said it was unConstitutional

see how easily you get spanked? now go away

:cool:

never mind

Now...take notes here:

The Excise tax will drive medical device manuf. off shore,,,,,,,and then the dems will wallop the poor bastards for doing it.

That 3.8% tax on investment income will rebound on their heads too, but hey, its for 'for the people'!!!!!!

Have no fear....I checked the weather...sea change coming November 6th.

see?

you are apparently suffering a semantics/comprehension fail.

it is a Tax, NOT a "Penalty Tax" [sic].

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me! :lmao: I try to not be too condescending here, but speaking at a level people here can comprehend makes exacting language difficult if not impossible to put out there.

I stand corrected and I'l try harder to speak to the great unwashed wingnut nation

wow! :clap2: brilliant!

you should have your own financial show on cable tv. you have great divination skills

judging by your 3 previous comments I suspect you're off your drip.

I'm guessing Romney cannot really run a good campaign against the President. He will have the bucks/dollars, but not a winning message. I'm guessing, but it's still early.

I'm hoping the GOP goes after the parts of the PPACA that are already in effect. That would allow Democrats to go after some seats. Burn a family that is staying above water financially with assistance from the PPACA, and you make fierce enemies who will come out and vote and more...

but like Dante always says, anyone who makes bets or predictions (Dante has not), this far out is an idiot, then again, the much hated Conservative Supreme Court with Citizens United, gave us Super PACs this election cycle

who knows?

So what if they are calling it a tax? The right wingnuts had better come up with a replacement if they intend to attempt repeal and they're painting themselves into a corner pretending that the replacement will be free.

And remember Romney still has to debate the president. It might present a challenge discussing how his own healthcare reform went when he was governor.

Your party is one big talking point negative ad and you have no new ideas.

Now, Sarah....is it possible that your political acumen has all of the depth of wall paper?

Why do you suppose Obama and the Democrats avoided using the word "TAX"?

Guess?

Supporting a "Tax" is to the voters like holding a cross up to vampires.....
...you understand that, don't you?
for what PC? the penalty for those who can afford insurance but refused to buy it? yep, it's now called a tax penalty....so what?

all those other tax hikes you listed WERE ALWAYS called taxes or tax hikes, nothing to hide there? so i have no idea why you seem to be implying they have something to do with cj roberts decision? his decision relating to calling the mandate penalty a tax penalty has nada to do with the tax provisions you mentioned?

--------------------------------------------------------

out of all of those tax hikes, the 2 that seem ridiculous to me is the excise tax on medical equipment, and the medicare tax increase on the highest incomes of the self employed...can't figure the 'justification' of such??? i suppose i need to read up on it...

---------------------------------------------------------

IF memory serves, President obama promised not to raise INCOME taxes on those families below $250k a year in taxable income.

He made no promise on not raising other taxes. Almost immediately he signed a bill to raise cigarette taxes to pay for the health care costs of 'children' in need.

New Topics

Forum List

Back