Justice Is Expensive

Sonny Clark

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2014
Gadsden Alabama
Our judicial system is based on the quality of representation one can afford. Those wealthy enough to hire a team of gold star lawyers have a much better chance at justice than those that have to settle for a public defender. Those that are wealthy, famous, or are well connected, more times than not, receive lighter punishment than those of ordinary socioeconomic status. In our judicial system, money talks. In other words, money buys justice, and justice is expensive.

The term 'justice" is often misused to describe our judicial system. In reality, we have a system of injustice. As with other elements of government, the judicial system is infested with corruption and favoritism. In other words, judges, juries, and prosecutors can be bought for the right price. In America, justice is a gamble, and freedom is dependent on your luck.

Our judicial system is based on the quality of representation one can afford. Those wealthy enough to hire a team of gold star lawyers have a much better chance at justice than those that have to settle for a public defender. Those that are wealthy, famous, or are well connected, more times than not, receive lighter punishment than those of ordinary socioeconomic status. In our judicial system, money talks. In other words, money buys justice, and justice is expensive.

The term 'justice" is often misused to describe our judicial system. In reality, we have a system of injustice. As with other elements of government, the judicial system is infested with corruption and favoritism. In other words, judges, juries, and prosecutors can be bought for the right price. In America, justice is a gamble, and freedom is dependent on your luck.

What do you know about the public defender budget in your state?

• Banned

What difference does it make whether they have an enormous budget or a very small budget? Should justice be determined by dollars and cents? Should our justice be determined by wealth, or the lack thereof? Equal justice should be afforded everyone, without exception. Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I do not believe that there's anywhere in our Constitution that states one's justice and representation in a court of law should be by the size of their bank account.

What difference does it make whether they have an enormous budget or a very small budget? Should justice be determined by dollars and cents? Should our justice be determined by wealth, or the lack thereof? Equal justice should be afforded everyone, without exception. Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I do not believe that there's anywhere in our Constitution that states one's justice and representation in a court of law should be by the size of their bank account.

Uh............funding for your public defenders is huge. Huge.
Budgets have been slashed in almost all states.

Sixth Amendment.

See Gideon v Wainwright which secured a right for you.
Gideon v. Wainwright The Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law

• Banned

Sixth Amendment.

So budgets have been slashed. What's your point? My point is still one of injustice, and that money determines the quality of defense one has in a court of law. The better lawyer, or team of lawyers, that one can afford, determines the quality of defense. Is it justice when a poor person can't afford top notch representation in a court of law?

Sixth Amendment.

So budgets have been slashed. What's your point? My point is still one of injustice, and that money determines the quality of defense one has in a court of law. The better lawyer, or team of lawyers, that one can afford, determines the quality of defense. Is it justice when a poor person can't afford top notch representation in a court of law?

It is the one line of defense that it is in place.

It is the difference between just kicking rocks or addressing known issues.

Boo fucking hoo. It's not news that life is easier in many ways when you're rich. It simply amazes me what a source of fascination and outrage this simple truism is to leftists.

The term "justice" is often misused to mean "equivalency" . . . and it makes you sound like a frigging dumbass when you do it.

Boo fucking hoo. It's not news that life is easier in many ways when you're rich. It simply amazes me what a source of fascination and outrage this simple truism is to leftists.

The term "justice" is often misused to mean "equivalency" . . . and it makes you sound like a frigging dumbass when you do it.
Very childish and pathetic. Your age? Obviously you can't discuss and debate issues in an adult and civil manner. FYI - I'm not a Leftist, nor a Right Wing, nor a Democrat, nor a Republican, nor a Liberal, nor a Conservative, nor anything other than an American for America. Yes, what I said is a truism, and it's an obvious truism to anyone that follows our judicial system and the many injustices. So, your point is? Care to discuss this in an adult and civil manner?

Forum List

Back