Justice indeed

Ooh..and here's more:

Tiger tales
I grew up with tigers. I built tiger pens. And the tiger grotto at the privatized San Francisco Zoo was a disaster waiting to happen
BY CRAIG MCLAUGHLIN
Wednesday January 9, 2008
When I first heard about the attack at the San Francisco Zoo, I felt strangely vindicated to learn that a Siberian tiger had been involved. I am irrationally prejudiced when it comes to big cats: I don't like Siberians. Of all the tigers, lions, jaguars, and other exotic animals I have known in my day — and I grew up on a wild animal farm, so I have known quite a few — the only ones that truly frightened me were a chimpanzee named Lolita and a pair of Siberians (they're known as Amurs now) that lived in an old shed about 100 feet from my front door.
When I read in March that two chimps from a California primate sanctuary had attacked a 62-year-old man, biting off much of his face, tearing off his foot, and mutilating his genitals, I thought of Mike's thumb. And when I heard that Tatiana had attacked three young men, killing one of them, I immediately thought of his ear.

Mike Bleyman was a biologist who built a research and breeding compound outside Pittsboro, NC, and like many exotic-animal fanatics he had a tendency to lose body parts. Fortunately, the surgeons in Chapel Hill were skilled at sewing them back on.

Mike was also my stepfather. My parents divorced when I was in junior high, and when my mother moved in with Mike on "the farm," I went with her.

I was present when Lolita bit Mike's thumb right through the bone, almost severing it completely. I was away at college when the tiger got him.

Mike had arranged a trade with the Albuquerque Zoo in New Mexico — two Siberians and a Himalayan black bear for a young Sumatran tiger. Mike hit both tigers with tranquilizer darts. But ketamine, the drug of choice for sedating big cats, takes several minutes to work, and being an impatient man who didn't play by the rules, Mike entered the cage before the recommended time had passed. When he approached the male, the female roused herself. She slashed Mike across the back, dislocated his elbow, and removed his ear.

The fact that Mike was able to extract himself from the cage alive is testament to the fact that the ketamine had at least begun to have an impact. Siberian tigers are not creatures you want to mess with.

Read the rest here:
http://www.sfbg.com/entry.php?entry_id=5378&catid=4

So the likely scenario is the tiger jumped, the clawed or "powered" its way over the wall?

That would be different. If they should have known a tiger can do that, then the zoo is in trouble.

Please don't try to educate, Jillian. Particularly when you have no idea what you're talking about.
Which is pretty much all the time.

Says one of the most ignorant people I've ever seen. ;)

luckily, I'm not going to stoop to your level. But you're right, luv, a quick google must certainly be more enlightening than my husband's eight years of experience.

And psssssssst... unlike you, I don't comment *unless* I know what I'm talking about. And if you think anyone on this board is suddenly going to think I'm stupid because *you* keep saying that, you're sadly mistaken.

ACtually, yes you do. When you comment on constitutional law, for example. Or when you're stupid enough to make comments about the method of care in zoos.

And you can zap me all you want via pm; I call them like I see them, and will continue to do so, you small minded twit.

Your continued idiotic reputation point zaps prove nothing except you're immature. And a poor loser.

Immature, shallow, stupid...and a poor loser. You have many talents.

Keep it up, Jillian. You're a joke. I can't believe you really think the points are as important to others as they are to you.

Maybe the Illuminati arranged for knowledge of this type of leap to be lost, and somehow they overlooked the source that you heard. Better sleep with one eye open...

:rofl:
:clap2:

that was funny.

gosh, ladies, how is it that two of my favorite net buddies might as well be pulling each others hair in a kiddie pool full of mud (or, my fav, jello)?

mud_wrestling-girls.jpg

Forum List

Back