Justice Ginsberg in the hospital.

Immanuel

Gold Member
May 15, 2007
Justice Ginsburg briefly hospitalized again - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON – Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who had cancer surgery earlier this year, was kept at a hospital overnight after she became drowsy and fell from her seat aboard an airplane. Court officials blamed a reaction to medicine.

It was the second time Ginsburg, 76, has been hospitalized in the last month. She was taken to a hospital on Sept. 24 after falling ill at her Supreme Court office.

Ginsburg was taken to Washington Hospital Center around 11:15 p.m. Wednesday by paramedics and released Thursday morning, court officials said.

I don't know if anyone else has started a thread about this, but Justice Ginsberg spent the night in the hospital. As many of you know, my father passed away in June from Cancer.

Liberal or not, I pray for her to beat this frigging disease.

Immie

Immanuel, I am sorry to hear about your dad. That is rough. Yes, I hope Justice G will get better.

Sorry to hear about your dad dude... my dad passed away from cancer when I was 19.

As for Ginsberg... ain't she the one Sotomayor is supposed to be replacing?

I thought everyone knew about my dad. That wasn't why I started the thread. The disease is a horrible killer. I pray no one has to deal with it again, not the patients and not their family. We were lucky. From the time of diagnosis to his passing was less than three month although they kept doing tests and kept saying the results were negative for over six months. The thought of going through that for years is... well, disturbing to say the least.

As for Justice Ginsberg, I pray she has the strength to continue to fight this and that the reasons behind her being admitted to the hospital were nothing more than a touch of food poisoning.

Immie

Immanuel, as one who had to go through it with a member of the immediate family, I want to tell you from personal experience that I think you were fortunate that it lasted only three months. The three months must have seemed like a life time, however.

Eleutherian, my deepest condolences to you as well.

And to everyone who has gone through this in the family. And, for this who haven't, I pray sincerely you never will.

Cancer is the worst.

I thought everyone knew about my dad. That wasn't why I started the thread.

I know, hun. I agree with everything you've said here. My Mom died of cancer 13 years ago; and my aunt (who was like a second Mom to me) died 2 years ago of the same type Ginsburg has. I've worked oncology for over 25 years. These patients are my heroes.

My dad spent his last two weeks in a hospice facility and the week before that in Intensive Care. My heroes are the nurses who have to deal with that day in and day out both in the hospitals throughout the world and in Hospice Care.

That is one job I could never, ever do.

Immie

I thought everyone knew about my dad. That wasn't why I started the thread.

I know, hun. I agree with everything you've said here. My Mom died of cancer 13 years ago; and my aunt (who was like a second Mom to me) died 2 years ago of the same type Ginsburg has. I've worked oncology for over 25 years. These patients are my heroes.

My dad spent his last two weeks in a hospice facility and the week before that in Intensive Care. My heroes are the nurses who have to deal with that day in and day out both in the hospitals throughout the world and in Hospice Care.

That is one job I could never, ever do.

Immie

My patients have given me far more over the years than I've given back. Again, my condolences on the loss of your Dad.

WASHINGTON – Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who had cancer surgery earlier this year, was kept at a hospital overnight after she became drowsy and fell from her seat aboard an airplane. Court officials blamed a reaction to medicine.

It was the second time Ginsburg, 76, has been hospitalized in the last month. She was taken to a hospital on Sept. 24 after falling ill at her Supreme Court office.

Ginsburg was taken to Washington Hospital Center around 11:15 p.m. Wednesday by paramedics and released Thursday morning, court officials said.

I don't know if anyone else has started a thread about this, but Justice Ginsberg spent the night in the hospital. As many of you know, my father passed away in June from Cancer.

Immie

I heard on the radio that she had sleeping pill and few pain killers before she gets to the plane. Sleeping pill kicked in bit early.

Ame®icano;1620277 said:

Immie

I heard on the radio that she had sleeping pill and few pain killers before she gets to the plane. Sleeping pill kicked in bit early.

Well, that might be good news then.

Immie

Forum List

Back