Justice for the Shooting: What Should Be James Holmes' Sentence?

Jul 27, 2012
I'm wondering what you guys think should happen to accused gunman James Holmes. Should he face the death sentence? Spend life in prison? Be sent to a mental ward? Something else? Post what you think should happen to him below.

First degree murder = Death penalty in Colorado. Doesn't matter what anyone thinks.

I'm wondering what you guys think should happen to accused gunman James Holmes. Should he face the death sentence? Spend life in prison? Be sent to a mental ward? Something else? Post what you think should happen to him below.

We do not know all of the facts at this time.

What if some doctor prescribed a drug that made Holmes a wackadoodle? It happens more than you may think. Many suicides can be attributed to the taking of a wide variety of powerful psycotropic drugs for a wide variety of ailments.

One of my doctors recently prescribed a drug to relax better so I could sleep better as I am recooperating from some back pain. The drug made me feel VERY srtrange and I quit taking it. It may turn out that this very normal guy was taking some prescribed medicine that made him paranoid, anti social and lose his empathy for others.

I have no proof obviously..but the fact remains that this was clearly a "good" smart student with no history of abuse and he clearly flipped out.

I would want to explore ALL of the factors before deciding on his punnishment. It may very well turn out that his physician and a drug company may be the one's getting dished out some justice.

If proven guilty there can be no real justice, just kill him by whatever means are used there and put him out of everyones misery.

He will probably get the death sentence and end up life in prison

What if some doctor prescribed a drug that made Holmes a wackadoodle? It happens more than you may think. Many suicides can be attributed to the taking of a wide variety of powerful psycotropic drugs for a wide variety of ailments.

One of my doctors recently prescribed a drug to relax better so I could sleep better as I am recooperating from some back pain. The drug made me feel VERY srtrange and I quit taking it. It may turn out that this very normal guy was taking some prescribed medicine that made him paranoid, anti social and lose his empathy for others.

I have no proof obviously..but the fact remains that this was clearly a "good" smart student with no history of abuse and he clearly flipped out.

I would want to explore ALL of the factors before deciding on his punnishment. It may very well turn out that his physician and a drug company may be the one's getting dished out some justice.

I agree with everything that you said. To me, it makes absolutely no sense that a perfectly bright student would do what he did. There has to be some sort of mental illness behind what he did. No normal person would decide to shoot innocent people like he did.

As for the punishment he should receive, I think that he shouldn't get the death penalty. I think this is partially what he wants (he wants to be a martyr, why surrender so readily like he did?). However, I do not think that he should be let off. If there were a such thing, I would like to see him in prison for the rest of his life, but that he would also get help for his mental illness. I think that this would be punishment enough for what he did, and that seeking the death sentence may be too harsh in this case, depending on the fact that he could very well possibly be severely mentally ill.

You are an idiot. But then we all real already know that.

he's only 24 yrs old....we know he's guilty of killing 12 people and seriously hurting a lot more......he should be executed. Being as young as he is now, we would be paying to keep a murderer alive for another 60 years? He's not worth it.......................

You are an idiot. But then we all real already know that.

And YOU jump to conclusions. We already KNEW that. There is a little something we like to call "innocent until PROVEN guilty" we use in our justice system. Sure it seems easy and obvious to convict this guy before he has seen his day in court. I just don't buy that a smart well adjusted kid with no history of violence would do this kind of thing without some factor we are not aware of being at least a major part of the cause. Of course his actions must be made an example of. BUT we should dig a little deeper and look for the REASON this happened so we can prevent it from happening again. I suspect he was on some legally prescribed drugs that scrambled his brain.. If that is the case it must come to light so we can add to the pill bottles lable..."turns you into a full blown terrorist murderer" as a side effect.

I agree with Huggy.

We can't sentence someone unless and until found guilty by a jury of their peers.

I said the same about Zimmerman and I'll say the same about Holmes

New Topics

Forum List

Back