Justice Department Says President Can Be Impeached For Ignoring Subpoenas -- Should He Be Fired?

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
Justice Department lawyer says House can impeach over defied subpoenas - CNNPolitics

I really do wish folks could give me a list of the Deep State folks "BEFORE" they do something that Trumpers don't like -- that way it doesn't look like you are just calling them that to deflect from reality...now we have to add James Burnham to the list of Obama controlled Deep State covert operatives...just like Bolton, Kelly. HR McMasters, Rex Tillerson, Lev Parnas, Michael Cohen, Reince Preibus, Jeff Sessions, and that black guy who played the bartender on the Love Boat....

"A Justice Department lawyer said Thursday in federal court that the House can impeach a president over ignored subpoenas, a noted contrast to what lawyers for President Donald Trump are arguing at his Senate impeachment trial this week. Asked by a federal judge what the House can do to enforce its subpoenas, Justice Department lawyer James Burnham said without hesitation that the House can use its impeachment powers, among other options, like withholding appropriations."

Hasn't this guy been paying attention?? Trump is doing that right now -- don't give the Dems any ideas for goodness sakes...I believe this guy needs a stern talking to from Allen Dershowitz -- because in case James didn't know -- a president can do whatever he wants to do if he thinks its in the public interest -- and by public, I mean the president's own mind....

Anyhoo...add James Burnham to the list of Deep State operatives that you trumpers need to make memes about or make fun of his looks or something.....

z-0.jpg

Justice Department lawyer says House can impeach over defied subpoenas - CNNPolitics

I really do wish folks could give me a list of the Deep State folks "BEFORE" they do something that Trumpers don't like -- that way it doesn't look like you are just calling them that to deflect from reality...now we have to add James Burnham to the list of Obama controlled Deep State covert operatives...just like Bolton, Kelly. HR McMasters, Rex Tillerson, Lev Parnas, Michael Cohen, Reince Preibus, Jeff Sessions, and that black guy who played the bartender on the Love Boat....

"A Justice Department lawyer said Thursday in federal court that the House can impeach a president over ignored subpoenas, a noted contrast to what lawyers for President Donald Trump are arguing at his Senate impeachment trial this week. Asked by a federal judge what the House can do to enforce its subpoenas, Justice Department lawyer James Burnham said without hesitation that the House can use its impeachment powers, among other options, like withholding appropriations."

Hasn't this guy been paying attention?? Trump is doing that right now -- don't give the Dems any ideas for goodness sakes...I believe this guy needs a stern talking to from Allen Dershowitz -- because in case James didn't know -- a president can do whatever he wants to do if he thinks its in the public interest -- and by public, I mean the president's own mind....

Anyhoo...add James Burnham to the list of Deep State operatives that you trumpers need to make memes about or make fun of his looks or something.....

View attachment 303465
Did they mean legitimate subpoenas? Or, what the democrats tried to pawn as legit, because they
didn't have the time to do it properly?

View attachment 303465
Gee, MORE anti-Trump garbage. How nice!

View attachment 303465
Did they mean legitimate subpoenas? Or, what the democrats tried to pawn as legit, because they
I guess that depends on what your definition of is, is...

If the Senate subpoenas Hunter to testify, would that be legitimate??

Even tho Hunter has ZERO FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE of Trump's shakedown scheme....

But if the Senate subpoenas the people who do have first hand knowledge -- then I am sure you will claim that isn't legit....

Good thing this guy was in court making the arguments and not you.....because you would be laughed out of the courtroom

View attachment 303465
I guess that depends on what your definition of is, is...

If the Senate subpoenas Hunter to testify, would that be legitimate??

Even tho Hunter has ZERO FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE of Trump's shakedown scheme....

But if the Senate subpoenas the people who do have first hand knowledge -- then I am sure you will claim that isn't legit....

Good thing this guy was in court making the arguments and not you.....because you would be laughed out of the courtroom
:auiqs.jpg:Geeeze, don't tell me that you have to deflect away from your own OP to try and make an argument, Biff.
Because that is what you've done, and that is damn funny.
idiot

View attachment 303465

It is amazing how leftists can't understand by NOT following the Impeachment clause in the Constitution properly invalidates it. It FIRST requires the FULL House of Representatives vote to start the Impeachment process, which didn't happen under Pelosi, who started it by herself, with her "Impeachment Inquiry", she and her small gang of idiots did it, because they wanted to AVOID court challenges, that is why they failed so badly.

=====

From the CONSTITUTION

"The House of Representatives shall choose their speaker and other officers; and shall have the sole power of impeachment."

bolding mine

===

It clearly states THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, it doesn't state Speaker of the House of Representatives, it doesn't state a House Committee "shall have the sole power of impeachment". Only a the FULL House of Representatives have that power, it is a collective power, not an individual one.

Once the HOUSE of Representatives voted for Impeachment to proceed, THEN the Committee will have the power of Subpoena, because the FULL House of Representatives gave them authority to do so, this is a sterling example of what a REPUBLIC is about.

The Speaker of the House was the one who started the Impeachment Inquiry, she started this all by herself, it was NEVER given a full house floor vote to start it, thus the impeachment process was never legally activated, which is why they don't have Subpoena capability.

Last edited:

View attachment 303465
This is the opinion of a lawyer, correct.

Forum List

Back