Justice Department protecting JUST minorities!

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
"frowned on prosecuting minority perpetrators and folded under pressure from black and Latino rights groups. They have not pursued the goal of equal protection of the law for all people. The outcome of the New Black Panthers Party case, he said, confirmed his concerns that the top ranks at Justice are interested only in protecting minorities. "

Prosecutor alleges Department of Justice bias - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

Obama clearly at the very least is biased.

"frowned on prosecuting minority perpetrators and folded under pressure from black and Latino rights groups. They have not pursued the goal of equal protection of the law for all people. The outcome of the New Black Panthers Party case, he said, confirmed his concerns that the top ranks at Justice are interested only in protecting minorities. "

Even that OBVIOUS FACT would be denied by the Obamarrhoidal LIEbturd Twits.

Another Example of Political Myopia/Stupidity: The California Crunt doesn't think that Charle Bass the Racist Ass is a Black Racist. How do some people tell their head from their arse ??? Mindboggling stuff !!!

Last edited:
I don't have a problem believing him and I should. One would hope the justice department could be blind but the human element fucks it all up. I work in a union shop and they have a black caucus. The membership in this union is about 50/50 so I never understood why it was necessary to form this caucus until I realized it was being used as a forum to get the black people to vote the way our union president wants them to vote.

Two years now qand this isw the best you guys have to complain about?

Two black guys standing in front of a polling place? They were told to leave and they did. What do you actually expect the outcome to be if it was prosecuted?

This isn't too surprising. Hopefully the Republicans can regain some power and begin to clean Hopey Changey's house for him. You gotta have some power for this to happen though. It all starts in November. Get out and vote. Make it happen America.

My main grievance against the Obama Administration is its failure to investigate and prosecute the Bush Administration for their many crimes. But to waste time and money on those two so-called "Black Panthers," who needed nothing more than a boot in the ass to send them on their way, would be redundant. They were a couple of harmless jerkoffs and much too much has been made of their nonsense.

But I do agree that Eric Holder is one of Obama's major mistakes. He is a cypher who is no better than Alberto Gonzales.

My hope is the Democratic National Committee will put up an alternative to Obama in 2012.

Two black guys standing in front of a polling place? They were told to leave and they did. What do you actually expect the outcome to be if it was prosecuted?

Equal protection hasn't any meaning to you? You can read his testimony text here:

Pajamas Media Full Text of Christopher Coates’ Testimony to U.S. Commission on Civil Rights (PJM Exclusive)

You'll find it's not about the NBPP alone.

Yeah, racial bias is just such a small little issue.

My main grievance against the Obama Administration is its failure to investigate and prosecute the Bush Administration for their many crimes. But to waste time and money on those two so-called "Black Panthers," who needed nothing more than a boot in the ass to send them on their way, would be redundant. They were a couple of harmless jerkoffs and much too much has been made of their nonsense.

But I do agree that Eric Holder is one of Obama's major mistakes. He is a cypher who is no better than Alberto Gonzales.

My hope is the Democratic National Committee will put up an alternative to Obama in 2012.

I agree somewhat. But if they stopped one person from voting then what?

Obama believes that White Greed Runs A World In Need.

He's a racist. Glenn Beck was just being honest.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Nothing racist about Coates:

Prosecutor: DoJ bias against whites - POLITICO.com Print View

...Coates’ highly-charged testimony before the Civil Rights Commission echoed those allegations, as well as the testimony of J. Christian Adams, one of Coates’ colleagues in the voting rights section. However, Coates’s charges may carry greater weight because he worked decades ago as an attorney for the American Civil Liberties Union, has won awards from civil rights groups and lacks the partisan GOP resume of the department’s harshest opponents.

...Coates said the Justice Department’s efforts to silence him threatened to obscure what he called “the hostile atmosphere that has existed within [Justice’s Civil Rights] Division for a long time against race-neutral enforcement of the Voting Rights Act.”

“I did not lightly decide to comply with your subpoena in contradiction to the DOJ’s directives not to testify,” Coates said. “If incorrect representations are going to successfully thwart inquiry into the systemic problems regarding race-neutral enforcement of the Voting Rights Act by the Civil Rights Division, problems that were manifested....in the New Black Panther Party case that end is not going to be furthered or accomplished by my sitting idly or silently by at the direction of my supervisors while incorrect information is provided.

“I do not believe that I am professionally, ethically, legally, or morally bound to allow such a result to occur,” Coates said...

...Coates left the Civil Rights Division early this year after falling out with higher ranking officials in the unit. He has since been working at the U.S. Attorney’s office in South Carolina.

Time to clean Hopey Changey's 'House of Corruption.' Eric Holder should be the first one to get the boot. Then onto the next cretin. People better make November count. These coming elections really are incredibly important.

While we on the right correctly point to this as a disgrace, let's not be too hasty in condemning only the Democrats...

This is governmental corruption. Coates did not claim that this began with Obama-Holder:
"After President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder took office, the culture intensified,..."

Read more: Prosecutor alleges Department of Justice bias - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

This should be a warning and a caution to those of us on the right, and a reminder that both parties must be pushed toward conservative values, equality of opportunity rather than selection of winners and losers by technocrats, Democrats and Republicans, who always know what is best.

I know...I see why you Conservatives are so afraid. Two black men standing in front of a poll and everything. It took all of a "Go Away" to get rid of them. I see why conservatives are still carrying on. If you can't make people afraid of Black Panthers...who will they be afraid of?

After all. This is the party that defended Scooter Libby outing a CIA agent. Whats the harm in that?
Covered up torture. ....Whats the harm in that when you got two black men outside the polls

I know...I see why you Conservatives are so afraid. Two black men standing in front of a poll and everything. It took all of a "Go Away" to get rid of them. I see why conservatives are still carrying on. If you can't make people afraid of Black Panthers...who will they be afraid of?

After all. This is the party that defended Scooter Libby outing a CIA agent. Whats the harm in that?
Covered up torture. ....Whats the harm in that when you got two black men outside the polls

Washington Post is not conservative and they put it on the front page:

washingtonpost.com

Bias led to 'gutting' of New Black Panthers case, Justice official says

By Jerry Markon and Krissah Thompson
Washington Post Staff Writers
Saturday, September 25, 2010; 3:44 AM

A veteran Justice Department lawyer accused his agency Friday of being unwilling to pursue racial discrimination cases on behalf of white voters, turning what had been a lower-level controversy into an escalating political headache for the Obama administration.

Christopher Coates's testimony before the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights was the latest fallout from the department's handling of a 2008 voter-intimidation case involving the New Black Panther Party. Conservatives and some congressional Republicans accuse Justice officials of improperly narrowing the charges, allegations that they strongly dispute.

Filed weeks before the Obama administration took office, the case focused on two party members who stood in front of a polling place in Philadelphia on Election Day 2008, one carrying a nightstick. The men were captured on video and were accused of trying to discourage some people from voting.

Coates, former head of the voting section that brought the case, testified in defiance of his supervisor's instructions and has been granted whistleblower protection. Coates criticized what he called the "gutting" of the New Black Panthers case for "irrational reasons," saying the decision was part of "deep-seated" opposition among the department's leaders to filing voting-rights cases against minorities and cases that protect whites.

"I had people who told me point-blank that [they] didn't come to the voting rights section to sue African American people," said Coates, who transferred to the U.S. attorney's office in South Carolina in January. "When you are paid by the taxpayer, that is totally indefensible."

Forum List

Back