Justice concludes black voters need Democratic Party

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
OMG! I can't believe that this is still the United States of America. I never thought I'd see the day when local elections would be rigged by the Federal Justice Dept.

Justice concludes black voters need Democratic Party - Washington Times

By Ben Conery

KINSTON, N.C. | Voters in this small city decided overwhelmingly last year to do away with the party affiliation of candidates in local elections, but the Obama administration recently overruled the electorate and decided that equal rights for black voters cannot be achieved without the Democratic Party.

The Justice Department's ruling, which affects races for City Council and mayor, went so far as to say partisan elections are needed so that black voters can elect their "candidates of choice" - identified by the department as those who are Democrats and almost exclusively black.

The department ruled that white voters in Kinston will vote for blacks only if they are Democrats and that therefore the city cannot get rid of party affiliations for local elections because that would violate black voters' right to elect the candidates they want.

"The Voting Rights Act is not supposed to be compensating for failure of voters to show up on Election Day," she said. "The Voting Rights Act doesn't guarantee an opportunity to elect a 'candidate of choice.' ... My 'candidate of choice' loses all the time in an election."

Blacks should be infuriated. Basically, the Justice Department is saying that Blacks are too stupid to research candidates to determine those whose political leanings they support.

Yeah, they should be. but then Democrats have been saying that for years. Problem is when people are victims for so many years, they have a hard time not being victims even when they dont have to be.

Blacks should be infuriated. Basically, the Justice Department is saying that Blacks are too stupid to research candidates to determine those whose political leanings they support.
Aye.

This should be appealed.

OMG! I can't believe that this is still the United States of America. I never thought I'd see the day when local elections would be rigged by the Federal Justice Dept.

Justice concludes black voters need Democratic Party - Washington Times

By Ben Conery

KINSTON, N.C. | Voters in this small city decided overwhelmingly last year to do away with the party affiliation of candidates in local elections, but the Obama administration recently overruled the electorate and decided that equal rights for black voters cannot be achieved without the Democratic Party.

The Justice Department's ruling, which affects races for City Council and mayor, went so far as to say partisan elections are needed so that black voters can elect their "candidates of choice" - identified by the department as those who are Democrats and almost exclusively black.

The department ruled that white voters in Kinston will vote for blacks only if they are Democrats and that therefore the city cannot get rid of party affiliations for local elections because that would violate black voters' right to elect the candidates they want.

"The Voting Rights Act is not supposed to be compensating for failure of voters to show up on Election Day," she said. "The Voting Rights Act doesn't guarantee an opportunity to elect a 'candidate of choice.' ... My 'candidate of choice' loses all the time in an election."

That is a very sad decision.

Actually if I'm reading this correctly, both the whites and the blacks should be outraged because it's asserting that whites are too stupid to research candidates to determine those whose political leanings they support also:

They won't vote for black republicans?:lol:

This is one of those uuh--what? Moments, even the NAACP is challenging this one. It's be interesting to see if Obama responds.

Actually if I'm reading this correctly, both the whites and the blacks should be outraged because it's asserting that whites are too stupid to research candidates to determine those whose political leanings they support also:

This is one of those uuh--what? Moments, even the NAACP is challenging this one. It's be interesting to see if Obama responds.

You didn't read it at all you fucking retard

You didn't read it at all you fucking retard

Explain. Did it not say that the justice department made the decision partly because whites won't vote for a non-democratic candidate if he's black?

Last edited:
hmmmmmmmmmm the fact this is happening so close to home is really eye opening for me. All Black and White residents of this town should be appalled at the way they're being catagorized. To basically be called to stupid to make a decision on their own should have the entire town up in arms pushing for this to be appealed. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

And by the way, if a group of Republicans had come up with something like this the backlash would be heard all the way in California. Do any of our left leaning posters here not see the hypocrisy in all of this. Do they not see how this kind of thing portrays their own parties perception of them?

Would someone please smack me upside the head and tell me to get the hell out of this chair and go lay back down!!!!!!!! :(

Forum List

Back