Just wondering what Romney will say now?

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
At first, Romney told those on the right that the reason Romneycare's mandate was okay was because it was constitutional at the State level but Obamacare was not constitutional at the federal level....

so now that the SC ruled it was constitutional....what's Romney going to say now???

Did I miss it? Should I turn on Fox news?

Now that the SC has tossed the ball back to congress, they're going to have to work on it. Repeal will never happen because there are parts of this unpopular law that are VERY popular.

was romney care a job killer too?

did romney care put the State between us and our health care decisions?

all that he's mumbling does not negate romney care as being obama care on the state level....

and WHY didn't he say the 500 billion in cuts to medicare was over 10 years and why didn't he tell the public that the republicans in their plan cut medicare 490 million, just 10 bil less over 10 years than the dems....so the repubs support the medicare cuts and if they say they don't, they are lying....

not impressed with his speech, basically.....saw it as slimey and evading why it was okay to mandate insurance under him and not obama....?

all that he's mumbling does not negate romney care as being obama care on the state level....

and WHY didn't he say the 500 billion in cuts to medicare was over 10 years and why didn't he tell the public that the republicans in their plan cut medicare 490 million, just 10 bil less over 10 years than the dems....so the repubs support the medicare cuts and if they say they don't, they are lying....

not impressed with his speech, basically.....saw it as slimey and evading why it was okay to mandate insurance under him and not obama....?

This speech is just a brief statement in response to today's SCOTUS decision which answers your OP question and which also serves as a starting point to the very necessary National discussion prior to the election where all of those facts you are concerned with will be put on the table and there will rightfully be a referendum where the American voters will ultimately decide such an important and impactful issue...

This speech is just a brief statement in response to today's SCOTUS decision which answers your OP question and which also serves as a starting point to the very necessary National discussion prior to the election where all of those facts you are concerned with will be put on the table and there will rightfully be a referendum where the American voters will ultimately decide such an important and impactful issue...
I totally agree Val, I just want both sides to make their judgements on Truth, not falsities or twists and convoluted turn statements, made by both parties!!!

I can dream.... ;)

Does anyone know if the State income tax in Massuchusetts has gone up from the 5% it was when I Lived there?

looks like it has gone up, to now 5.3%......wonder if this is from romneycare?

At first, Romney told those on the right that the reason Romneycare's mandate was okay was because it was constitutional at the State level but Obamacare was not constitutional at the federal level....

so now that the SC ruled it was constitutional....what's Romney going to say now???

I just posted something similar in another thread. He has cornered himself on this one. Now what does he say? Does he tell us that Romneycare was actually a terrible idea and that is why he wants to repeal Obamacare now? If so, should we really trust him to come up with an even better idea? Romney should have stuck to the economy and left healthcare alone. Now he is in a pickle. I can't wait until he has to answer this question in a debate. Obama is going to make him look silly on this.

Massachusetts has the 11th lowest unemployment rate in the country at 6.0%. Romneycare has not cost jobs.

looks like it has gone up, to now 5.3%......wonder if this is from romneycare?

All states are hurting when it comes to revenue. They are receiving less from the Federal Government and they are receiving less through all state taxes due to the economic slowdown. Many states have had to increase some tax rates, so that could be attributable to many things.

Romneycare Vs. Obamacare

For a more detailed summary, click here to visit Mitt Romney Central's health care page.
RomneyCare – The Truth about Massachusetts Health Care | Mitt Romney Central

A recent article in The New Yorker magazine states that "Romney had accomplished a longstanding Democratic goal - universal health insurance - by combining three conservative policies." In other words, Romney had beaten Democrats at their own goal of providing universal health insurance. But Romney's novel approach accomplished this goal not with a government takeover, but with conservative principles. The success of Romney's healthcare law led many Democrats to consider adopting a similar approach to achieving universal health insurance.

The article goes on to say that in 2006 when Romneycare was passed, "most conservatives praised Romney's plan." The Bush administration sent a letter praising the passage of the new law. An often overlooked fact is that without the support of the Bush administration, Romney's healthcare law never would have become a reality.

The Boston Globe editorial board recently published an article defending Romneycare on conservative grounds. The editorial board states "the role Romney played on the state level was skillful, creative, and business friendly. Romney was a governor sensitive to business concerns and worried about the state's business climate."

Mitt Romney and Healthcare: Romneycare Vs. Obamacare

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...repeal-obamacare-mitt-romney.html#post4929223

What are the key differences between RomneyCare and ObamaCare?

It is often asserted that RomneyCare is the same thing as ObamaCare, but this is simply not true. While there are similarities, there are also key differences. Below is a table of differences between the Romney plan and the Obama plan.

RomneyCare – The Truth about Massachusetts Health Care | Mitt Romney Central
Mitt is playing fast and loose with the truth. MA residents also pay a tax penalty if they don't purchase insurance. And him claiming Obamacare is unconstitutional is laughable.

Well, if you read between the lines, so far he's said, "The only Americans that count are ones with at least a quarter billion dollars". His base seems to agree.

Republicans want to end Medicare. I wonder if they will do both, end Obamacare and Medicare if voters put them in office? Seems like a good opportunity.

they'll say it's "the largest tax increase passed by any president"... lol.

haven't you been reading the threads? :lmao:

Forum List

Back