Just wondering about college and professional sports and TAXES.

mnbasketball

Mar 4, 2011
How many of you voted for a professional arena, football or baseball field?
Should tax payers be paying for these things? I watch a lot of college sports, should a college sports team have to make money or at least pay their own way?
Women's sports seem to never make money but live off of what men's teams bring in or from what they can raise.

Just like the NCAA MEN'S Basketball raises so much money it isn't funny. And what happens with this money, they use it to pay for national championships in sports that have little following or any fans to speak of.

I think maybe we should start charging the full ride for kids to go to school after HS anyway, as why should the tax payer pay for this, and it's certainlly not charity so why allow places like ND, MIT, Harvard, Princeton and others to get tax free money.

I don't see any of this in the constitution, DO YOU?

Last edited:
How many of you voted for a professional arena, football or baseball field?
Should tax payers be paying for these things? I watch a lot of college sports, should a college sports team have to make money or at least pay their own way?
Women's sports seem to never make money but live off of what men's teams bring in or from what they can raise.

Just like the NCAA MEN'S Basketball raises so much money it isn't funny. And what happens with this money, they use it to pay for national championships in sports that have little following or any fans to speak of.

I think maybe we should start charging the full ride for kids to go to school after HS anyway, as why should the tax payer pay for this, and it's certainly not charity so why allow places like ND, MIT, Harvard, Princeton and others to get tax free money.

I don't see any of this in the constitution, DO YOU?

there is absolutely no reason that those that aren't financially able to patronize a sports arena or stadium should have to contribute to its construction

Last edited:

Forum List

Back