Just wonderin'

Joz said:
Suppose the hymen had been torn riding a camel or fetching some of those huge jugs of water they carried?
lmao.gif

Glad you all appreciated the joke, but I was serious. Do you think virginity can be proven?

I'm not so sure that most men would be happy with marrying a virgin if said virgin had oral sex with the entire NFL and NBA combined.

"So what if she gave 83 men oral sex? She's a virgin. She is pure."

dilloduck said:
Can't even be proven if it's still intact for that matter.
Right. So this man marries a maid, and there's no 'proof' that he was her first, so she gets stoned on his word???
How many women do you think resorted to smearing blood on the sheets when he got up to pee?

GotZoom said:
I'm not so sure that most men would be happy with marrying a virgin if said virgin had oral sex with the entire NFL and NBA combined.

"So what if she gave 83 men oral sex? She's a virgin. She is pure."
Eighty-three seems a bit excess, but someof the college girls around here tell me that they engage in oral sex with whomever so as to stay 'pure'. Seems to me to just be a technicality.

Joz said:
Right. So this man marries a maid, and there's no 'proof' that he was her first, so she gets stoned on his word???
How many women do you think resorted to smearing blood on the sheets when he got up to pee?

Actually, the Jewish custom was that the father of the bride could show off the bloody sheet to refute the man's word. In cases of a pre-torn hymen or a father that new of his daughter's indescretions, but was willing to cover it up, the father would take the sheet and put an animal's blood on it as 'proof' of her purity. Every system has its cheaters.

Hobbit said:
Actually, the Jewish custom was that the father of the bride could show off the bloody sheet to refute the man's word. In cases of a pre-torn hymen or a father that new of his daughter's indescretions, but was willing to cover it up, the father would take the sheet and put an animal's blood on it as 'proof' of her purity. Every system has its cheaters.

Also an old Italian tradition. They would actually hang the sheet out the window to show that they consumated the marriage.

And Joz, when I lived there, one of my Italian friends told me that it was very common for the girls to engage in oral sex vice intercourse; for the simple reason that they would remain virgins until their honeymoon night.

Hmmmmm....sounds familiar:

They’re barbarians that are stuck in the 9th Century. Did you know that it’s common for the groom’s family to receive the bloody sheets from the couple’s honeymoon evening together - to show that she was a virgin before marriage?

Hobbit said:
Actually, the Jewish custom was that the father of the bride could show off the bloody sheet to refute the man's word...

GotZoom said:
]Also an old Italian tradition. They would actually hang the sheet out the window to show that they consumated the marriage.

I understand what was done & why. The question still remains, what if there was no blood present after intercourse? I'm sure in alot of cases there wasn't, therefore the results may have needed to be 'fudged' a little in order to spare one's life. SURELY there is more to it than what we read.

And GZ's statement also shows that throughout history sex has been considered a very important, precious, and duty of the privileges of marriage. We are very lax on our morals, the sanctity & responsibilities of marriage & the marriage bed.

Joz said:
And GZ's statement also shows that throughout history sex has been considered a very important, precious, and duty of the privileges of marriage. We are very lax on our morals, the sanctity & responsibilities of marriage & the marriage bed.

But again, I'm not so sure I would be thrilled with a bloody sheet if I knew she had orally serviced the entire local soccer team.

GotZoom said:
But again, I'm not so sure I would be thrilled with a bloody sheet if I knew she had orally serviced the entire local soccer team.
I understand. But women have had to put up with this shit from men for years. You know the ol' "double standard"?

Joz said:
The Israelites transported the Ark of the Covenant from place to place and God said NOT to touch the Ark. Remember when it went to fall off the cart and the one man reached out to catch it and he was struck dead?
As a child it always seemed rather cruel to me. I think it's quite natural to instinctively want to protect something that you find sacred or precious.
I also understand that God means what He says.
There is such a thing as a 'death-bed' confession, such as the thief on the cross, but this shows that we never know when death will befall us so it'd be wise to be ready at all times.

But what about a screw-up you don't have time to repent of, such as this man?

I couldn't answer any better than mom4 in post #3.

Forum List

Back