Just When You Thought Dems Could Not Sink Any Lower

rei_t_ex

Nov 27, 2004
Stanford, CA
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041211/ap_on_re_us/bush_photo_flap_1

Bush Photo at Farmers Market Causes Row – AP

LANCASTER, Pa. - A Democratic city councilman is demanding that a baker remove photos of President Bush from his stand in Lancaster's farmers market, saying the city needs a “healing period” following the bitterly contested election.

City Councilman Nelson Polite asked baker David Stoltzfus last month to remove the pictures. When Stoltzfus refused, Polite threatened to try to enact a city ordinance that would ban all political material from public places.

“I just feel that since it was a close election and the city's so divided, that we should have a healing period,” Polite told the New Era of Lancaster on Friday.
Republican Mayor Charlie Smithgall said potential visitors have told him they will skip the old city in the heart of Amish country because of Polite's statements.

“They're saying, 'What kind of crazy people live in Lancaster? We're never coming to Lancaster,'” Smithgall said Friday.

Stoltzfus, 54, of Lititz, and his wife opened the Upper Crust Bakery stand in March 2003. A Bush photo is attached to the stand portico and a photo of the president and first lady Laura Bush sits on a shelf.
The baker said he is enjoying the attention, and other standholders have shown their support by putting up photos of the president.

“It's fun,” Stoltzfus said Friday, “Even the Democrats come to me and tell me, 'Don't take that picture down.'”
This is just really pathetic. What about the freedom of expression? Perhaps everyone should proceed to immediately tear off any political stickers off their cars and property too? Bloody 'tolerant' liberals...

Sounds like a case of a really bad looser to me!!! Many classrooms have pics of all the Presidents in them. He is the President,if someone wants to put his picture up on his own property,then he should be allowed. This healing business is geting ld,very old. :baby: This guy needs to grow up!!!

I was in my boy's school the other day walking down the hall to a diffrent area of the school then I usually go, when I walked upon a large bulliten board with lots of little black and white photo copied picture's stapled on it in rows. I stopped to look at it and see what the pictures were and then busted out laughing I had forgotten the kids had their own election and I was now looking at the results. I didn't count, but appearently majority of the school voted for bush, I think Kerry might have had 20 votes!

• Thanks
Reactions: bao
khafley said:
I was in my boy's school the other day walking down the hall to a diffrent area of the school then I usually go, when I walked upon a large bulliten board with lots of little black and white photo copied picture's stapled on it in rows. I stopped to look at it and see what the pictures were and then busted out laughing I had forgotten the kids had their own election and I was now looking at the results. I didn't count, but appearently majority of the school voted for bush, I think Kerry might have had 20 votes!

:thup: :laugh:

rei_t_ex said:
This is just really pathetic. What about the freedom of expression? Perhaps everyone should proceed to immediately tear off any political stickers off their cars and property too? Bloody 'tolerant' liberals...

Certainly an interest article rei, but I have long ago given up the notion that there is no level below which liberal idiots will not descend.

Merlin1047 said:
Certainly an interest article rei, but I have long ago given up the notion that there is no level below which liberal idiots will not descend.

Amen---one should never understimate the depths a liberal can achieve.!

“It's fun,” Stoltzfus said Friday, “Even the Democrats come to me and tell me, 'Don't take that picture down.'”

Apparently there's only on democrat sinking low in your piece (and he is, either that or chemically imbalanced), even though you choose to criticize all of the "bloody 'tolerant' liberals'; don't conflate the actions of one with the actions of the majority.

Forum List

Back