Just What Obama Needs

And yet many are opposed to our weaning ourselves off of the oil teat thru alternatives and conservation.

Are they? Or do you just convince yourself that they are so you can villify them?

I don't know a single conservative who isn't for doing everything we can to expand energy production. More drilling? Heck yeah. More nuclear power? You betchya. More coal? Yep! Natural gas? Heck yeah. Solar? Sure! Wind? Go right ahead. Get as much competition and make things as energy efficient as possible.

There is no point to handicapping ourselves. We need to be producing energy. Not just consuming it and it's absolutely stupid not to be drilling more while we are trying to produce more energy.

crude oil is headed towards $87 bucks a barrel. aka $3.50 bucks a gallon with 8 million unemployed. :) Bad Bad Bad for democwats. Somehow methinks the dude knew this when he agreed to some "offshore drilling".. :)Americans are gonna get real pissed about this.. oh well..

The offshore drilling is no more than a bone being thrown to the republicans, so he can push his Cap and Trade agenda through.
If one was to look deep into this, they will find that it's far from a done deal with the drilling and the House can stop it.

A bone to Republicans?

Only in Washington can slowing production and deceasing the amount of offshore drilling equate to more off shore drilling.

crude oil is headed towards $87 bucks a barrel. aka $3.50 bucks a gallon with 8 million unemployed. :) Bad Bad Bad for democwats. Somehow methinks the dude knew this when he agreed to some "offshore drilling".. :)Americans are gonna get real pissed about this.. oh well..

He told us we would see 4 dollar gas again. He all but garunteed to make it harder to fill up those big ol' gas guzzlers...oh, but if you want to save gas, just keep your tires properly inflated and get regular tuneups and we'll save billions of gallons of gas.

I predict that by the end of the summer, we'll see 4 dollars a gallon or higher.

I bet you didn't bitch when it was 4.30 something during the Bush years, and when Exxon recorded record profits. :cuckoo:

I will tell you what I didn't bitch about....the 1.90 prices we had before Bush left office. WHICH ironically came at the same time as the lifting of the ban on drilling in 2008. Prices dropped like a 50 ton boulder. And ironically, in November, after the election, they jumped back to 2.30 almost overnight.

How telling is that? Hope you like high gas prices....cuz here they come!

I bet you didn't bitch when it was 4.30 something during the Bush years, and when Exxon recorded record profits. :cuckoo:

You can bet your bottom Dollar I was bitching about it.

Well then get ready to bitch again.
Bush had 8 years to help prevent or minimize it and did nothing with full govt control for 6 years.

Actually I was wrong he promoted ethanol.
Which provided jobs and money to the USA and reduced oil imports.

He lifted the ban on drilling in July of 08 and prices came down...why is that a bad thing?

The offshore drilling is no more than a bone being thrown to the republicans, so he can push his Cap and Trade agenda through.
If one was to look deep into this, they will find that it's far from a done deal with the drilling and the House can stop it.
Not going to happen, it was too obvious that it is a prelude to crap and trade.

I am all for alternatives. And when our scientists find these viable alternatives that will stand without Government subsidies we'll go after whatever they find. In the mean time start drilling and keep drilling, Every Dollar that doesn't leave the USA is a good thing. And Obama's little offshore adventure seems to be mostly smoky mirrors.

i would agree if our country's oil did not just go for sale on the global market....

none of it stays here, unless we offer the oil companies the highest price, outbidding all others in the world for it...

even if the oil is drawn up from American owned land that they lease....

i wish there was a way to keep america's oil in america, but as it stands...it goes on the global market for everyone to bid on....:(

I am all for alternatives. And when our scientists find these viable alternatives that will stand without Government subsidies we'll go after whatever they find. In the mean time start drilling and keep drilling, Every Dollar that doesn't leave the USA is a good thing. And Obama's little offshore adventure seems to be mostly smoky mirrors.

i would agree if our country's oil did not just go for sale on the global market....

none of it stays here, unless we offer the oil companies the highest price, outbidding all others in the world for it...

i wish there was a way to keep america's oil in america, but as it stands...it goes on the global market for everyone to bid on....:(

I don't know where you're getting your information from but it may be incorrect!!!! Oil drilled for and extracted from U.S. government leased lands must remain in America....it's the law.

I don't know where you're getting your information from but it may be incorrect!!!! Oil drilled for and extracted from U.S. government leased lands must remain in America....it's the law.

I'll google that right now....to double check...

but if memory serves, alaska's oil had portions go overseas and not to us...

also, had read that the law was let to expire, that keeps american oil here....but let me double check...

It depends on what is written into the lease agreement. As I recall back in 2007/2008 with drill baby drill, one of the clauses in the ANWAR and coastal oil leases was that any oil taken from them must remain in America.....It's why the oil lobby never really got on board with it and challenged the tree huggers over their opposition. The oil companies would have lost money.

It depends on what is written into the lease agreement. As I recall back in 2007/2008 with drill baby drill, one of the clauses in the ANWAR and coastal oil leases was that any oil taken from them must remain in America.....It's why the oil lobby never really got on board with it and challenged the tree huggers over their opposition. The oil companies would have lost money.

Why stock holders of a public corporation would allow their heads to agree to not selling their oil drawn up at the highest price possible is beyond reason to me....

So far, I still have not found a thing on a law that makes their oil drawn on leased gvt land stay here....

it would be very nice if we can be assured that in every case of public land used by them and off shore drilling done by them, that ALL of the oil MUST stay here in the united states and not go on the free market to sell around the world...

otherwise, some of this drilling will not be worth doing and risk destroying our resources with....

I also don't believe we should give them these leases for near free...I think they should pay the 6% instead of getting the government to renege that....

High gas prices to neo-coons means Obama and the Democrats are evil.

High gas prices to me means summer is coming and you know what that means... PARTY PARTY PARTY!!! But yes, I agree this might be bad for Obama unless there's some good news coming out of March when it comes to jobs. Most "regular American folks" expect gas prices to start rising round this time of year and don't bother asking why.

Sspeculators drive up the price of oil. Doesn't matter who's in the WH.

There are billions of liters of natural gas in Alaska and billions of barrels of Oil. This natural rescource should be tapped for America.

Yes we should have alternatives but in the meantime we should be drilling our own and telling the Saudi's to kiss our ass.

Just a thought.

Sspeculators drive up the price of oil. Doesn't matter who's in the WH.

There are billions of liters of natural gas in Alaska and billions of barrels of Oil. This natural rescource should be tapped for America.

Yes we should have alternatives but in the meantime we should be drilling our own and telling the Saudi's to kiss our ass.

Just a thought.

doesn't matter, it wasn't good for booooooooooosh and it won't be good for obama,, we are still dependent on foreign oil. chiefly because the envrironuts in the demorat party have refused for decades to let the US of KKKA to progress in forming our own energy base.

OK. Then let us cease all the subsidies that the petroleum and coal industry gets.

We have viable alternatives right now. Wind is cheaper to build per KW than clean coal. Solar will be, shortly, already being manufactured for under $1 a watt. Geothermal may be the cheapest of all, and the US has vast resources in that area.

As far as drilling goes, we have 3% of the worlds reserves, and use 25% of the supply. We are not going to drill our way out of foreign dependence. We must switch to another form of energy for our transportation needs.

Forum List

Back