Just what can Romney do to help the storm victims?

All the attention being paid to his visit is seemingly doing exactly what he wanted - draw attention to what happened. All throughout the convention, they were encouraging folks to donate to the Red Cross, as well as on the Romney site.. and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Romney donated a chunk himself. He's shown himself to be a very charitable man, both with donations, free service to his state and country, and acts of kindness he made himself.. Like this one..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFJDXMxXgZo]Couple recounts how Mitt Romney helped dying son - YouTube[/ame]

And many, many others I have heard/read about.. Just because he isn't the kind of guy Obama is... *Hey everybody!! Look at what I did!!!*.. Doesn't mean jack.

Will he write a check?
He is no govt official and can do nothing.
Except take advantage of a disaster for his own political purposes.

And the suckers are buying it! LMAO.

He can actually do quite a lot. The liberals in here stating how he can do nothing is quite telling. Romney, you and any other private citizen can do far more than the government can even do through your combined efforts and charity. The potential is there. Of course, that is NOT why Romney went there though. He went there to score some political points, and that is exactly what he did.

All the attention being paid to his visit is seemingly doing exactly what he wanted - draw attention to what happened. All throughout the convention, they were encouraging folks to donate to the Red Cross, as well as on the Romney site.. and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Romney donated a chunk himself. He's shown himself to be a very charitable man, both with donations, free service to his state and country, and acts of kindness he made himself.. Like this one..

Couple recounts how Mitt Romney helped dying son - YouTube

And many, many others I have heard/read about.. Just because he isn't the kind of guy Obama is... *Hey everybody!! Look at what I did!!!*.. Doesn't mean jack.
It may not mean jack in reality but when campaigning it means a LOT because that is how you are going to get votes – by projecting the right image to voters. It may seem cheap but it is necessary. That is what surprised me the most about the story that broke about the person he told to go home. The trip was a good idea but Romney should have actually spent some damn money there. If he was going to talk to any of the people hit by the hurricane he should have been prepared to ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING. Get them a fucking hotel at least damit. Don’t tell them to make a call. The president can say he is doing something because he can point to the government relief efforts. Romney might not be able to make a huge dent himself but he sure could have sent there and help people with their INDIVIDUAL needs. A meal, place to crash for a few nights, transportation to some family, SOMETHING. He has the resources and the ability. If he really wants to make public statements like this, he needs to back them up with something.

Forum List

Back