Just watched a Religious panel discussion on this election. Very interesting.

What think you?

1 Timothy 3:2-6 tells us how to pick our leaders for the church. Evangelicals should use the same principle when picking the leader of their country. 1 Timothy 3:2-6 says,

"2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. "

The mandate that he be the husband of one wife sticks out as a disqualifier. The mandate that he not be a novice sticks out to me as a disqualifier.

Hillary Clinton is not the husband of one wife but she comes closer to meeting that criteria than Donald Trump. Hillary Clinton is not a novice. She has at least held one political office. Donald Trump has held none. But rdean, you are forgetting something really important. Christians don't care what the Bible says.

Actually, they wish to return to the 1850s.

I doubt it. Those weren't moral times for Americans. The 1950's was almost a theocracy. Speaking about communism was a punishable offense in the 1950s. That's when "In God we trust" was put on paper money. I think the moral majority had a lot more influence in the 1950s then they had in the 1850s. You might be mistaken on that one.

Rep. Glenn Thompson (R-Pa.) said Saturday that he was unhappy with Donald Trump’s remarks but Thompson will be voting for the GOP presidential nominee nonetheless.

“God takes the imperfect, and makes perfect for his purpose,"

The rationale here is that Trump, whom a growing number of women have accused of sexual assault, is part of God’s plan in spite of his personal failings.

The Huffington Post’s Igor Bobic reported on this strain of thinking among conservative Christians who are still voting for Trump, despite mounting accusations of sexually predatory behavior by the GOP nominee. As one Trump voter told Bobic, “We’re not electing a moral leader. But God uses people that are immoral and can also do good things.”

As one Trump supporter, a Kansas Republican Party official, told CNN, “God can use anybody. He used the harlots. It’s all about what God can do.”

There is a hilarious article out on the internet somewhere another that compares Trump to Sampson in an attempt to appeal to evangelical Christians. It was a good analysis and justification. I'll vote for Hillary but I loved the article. I sure wish I could find it again.

Forum List

Back