just watch this video

We quit honoring and respecting skilled laborers at the same time that the left wing took over our schools. The sneering attitude towards people who work for a living as opposed to those who think for a living has done nothing but harm us.

But that's not to say that people are noble just because they are laborers. That's just as stupid. Also idiotic is to think it's a good idea to limit education to produce a larger force of laborers. I don't mind vocational programs and vocational schools...but I am not up for replacing the humanities with wood shop. Particularly since our nation doesn't let us access our resources (including wood).

There's so much bullshit in AllieBaba's post I don't know where to begin so I'm just going to call attention to it and then ignore it.

As a skilled, Union Electrician on the generating side for 30 years I couldn't agree more with the video. The work I do is something that few want to do. You'd be amazed at all of the work that takes place so you can turn on a light at the flick of a switch.

I will never get back all of my kid's birthdays, recitals, holidays, etc. that I have missed over the years due to swing shift in a 24/7/365 operation. Now I'm missing the same things with my grandchildren.The work is hard, hot (often in temps exceeding 150 degrees) dirty and dangerous.

But no matter how hard the work has been and how much I have missed I am proud of what I have done over the years. As was pointed out in the video there is going is going to be an incredible turnover over the next ten years as people like myself go into a well deserved retirement (55 for me). And I have been extremely blessed with great pay and generous benefits to perform my job that has also benefitted the company I work for and made them extremely profitable.

So for the skilled trades people out there that have sacrificed much over the years.....THIS BUD'S FOR YOU!! :beer:

I call horseshit. We need help but I turn away 5- 10 people a day because they lack the skills to do the job. I not only want someone physically able to do the job I also want someone who has the brains to do the job in an cost effective timely manner.

And what you said has absolutely what to do with my post? :confused:

I suspect that any objection you have to my post is likewise based entirely upon your own internal imaginings of what you think I mean, not at all on what I said.
And that is why you can't name what you disagree with.
Typical.

You mean, like when you make up stuff that people never said and put quotes around it?

there's so much bullshit in alliebaba's post i don't know where to begin so i'm just going to call attention to it and then ignore it.

As a skilled, union electrician on the generating side for 30 years i couldn't agree more with the video. The work i do is something that few want to do. You'd be amazed at all of the work that takes place so you can turn on a light at the flick of a switch.

I will never get back all of my kid's birthdays, recitals, holidays, etc. That i have missed over the years due to swing shift in a 24/7/365 operation. Now i'm missing the same things with my grandchildren.the work is hard, hot (often in temps exceeding 150 degrees) dirty and dangerous.

But no matter how hard the work has been and how much i have missed i am proud of what i have done over the years. As was pointed out in the video there is going is going to be an incredible turnover over the next ten years as people like myself go into a well deserved retirement (55 for me). And i have been extremely blessed with great pay and generous benefits to perform my job that has also benefitted the company i work for and made them extremely profitable.

So for the skilled trades people out there that have sacrificed much over the years.....this bud's for you!! :beer:

i call horseshit. We need help but i turn away 5- 10 people a day because they lack the skills to do the job. I not only want someone physically able to do the job i also want someone who has the brains to do the job in an cost effective timely manner.

and what you said has absolutely what to do with my post? :confused:

I guess just about as much as your post does.

I suspect that any objection you have to my post is likewise based entirely upon your own internal imaginings of what you think I mean, not at all on what I said.
Typical.

You mean, like when you make up stuff that people never said and put quotes around it?

"You mean, like when you make up stuff that people never said and put quotes around it?"

i call horseshit. We need help but i turn away 5- 10 people a day because they lack the skills to do the job. I not only want someone physically able to do the job i also want someone who has the brains to do the job in an cost effective timely manner.

Riiiight. :eusa_whistle:

You probably turn people away because they want to be paid more than minimum wage for their skills.

"cost effective timely manner" = "slave labor for minimum wage"

Typical.

"You mean, like when you make up stuff that people never said and put quotes around it?"

Now, that's an actual quote. See how easy it is to do that? No need to fake stuff, Allie. No need at all....unless your argument cannot stand on its own. :eusa_whistle:

There's so much bullshit in AllieBaba's post I don't know where to begin so I'm just going to call attention to it and then ignore it.

As a skilled, Union Electrician on the generating side for 30 years I couldn't agree more with the video. The work I do is something that few want to do. You'd be amazed at all of the work that takes place so you can turn on a light at the flick of a switch.

I will never get back all of my kid's birthdays, recitals, holidays, etc. that I have missed over the years due to swing shift in a 24/7/365 operation. Now I'm missing the same things with my grandchildren.The work is hard, hot (often in temps exceeding 150 degrees) dirty and dangerous.

But no matter how hard the work has been and how much I have missed I am proud of what I have done over the years. As was pointed out in the video there is going is going to be an incredible turnover over the next ten years as people like myself go into a well deserved retirement (55 for me). And I have been extremely blessed with great pay and generous benefits to perform my job that has also benefitted the company I work for and made them extremely profitable.

So for the skilled trades people out there that have sacrificed much over the years.....THIS BUD'S FOR YOU!! :beer:

"This is bullshit but I'm too lazy or stupid to define how"

What a loser.

Who are you quoting, Allie?

Guess.

Riiiight. :eusa_whistle:

You probably turn people away because they want to be paid more than minimum wage for their skills.

"cost effective timely manner" = "slave labor for minimum wage"

"cost effective timely manner" = "slave labor for minimum wage

Work smart not hard

If a person can't pass abasic plumbing test I'm not going to hire them has a plumber.

I LOOOOVVVVEEE plumbers.

They make the world go round. Couldn't live without them!

Forum List

Back