Just think of how many homeless people could live here!

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
DreamWorks founder David Geffen closes on citizenship-renouncing socialite Denise Rich's NYC duplex penthouse for record-breaking $54million | Mail Online

OMG! The hypocrisy of Liberals is never-ending! Two 1%'er one of who has really wonderful breasts, just don't care how many homeless people could be happy in this 5th Avenue penthouse.

Look at that view!

article-2173182-13FDD800000005DC-27_306x423.jpg

This is a nice view too

article-2173182-140C743C000005DC-579_634x422.jpg

LOL!!! I thought you were talking about between her breasts. I'm in.

BTW, what's hypocritical about having a nice place to live? :eusa_eh:

Yeah I'm sure he would still live in his rundown doublewide if he had $54 mil to spend.

LOL!!! I thought you were talking about between her breasts. I'm in.

BTW, what's hypocritical about having a nice place to live? :eusa_eh:

Yeah I'm sure he would still live in his rundown doublewide if he had $54 mil to spend.

You would have to pay ME to live in New York City. Not on your life!

Actually...if I had $54 million...I would still live in my current house.

Just think of the number of homeless people who could be living in closed military base housing...
:eusa_eh:
Number of homeless youths on the rise, based on shelter and hotline data
May 27, 2013 - Sara Stokes remembers well the night she became homeless. It was the end of January, but warm like spring. She and her boyfriend at the time, the father of her toddler, were fighting at their apartment. He swung her around, choked her and busted her lip, she recalled.
"And I'm like, this dude is really going to kill me if I don't leave," Stokes, 19, said. She had been living with her ex-boyfriend after her grandmother, who raised her, kicked her out, she said. When he fell asleep that night, she packed a bag of clothes and, certain he wouldn't wake up, walked out the front door. With no place to go, she left her baby behind, where at least she knew he'd have a roof over his head. Stokes' grim experience is just one example of a growing number of youths who are homeless in Illinois.

Although an official count hasn't been taken since 2005, data from the National Runaway Safeline and accounts from youth service providers in Chicago suggest that more and more youths — those about 12 to 21 years old — are on their own. Those who work closely with homeless youths said a variety of issues prompt children and teens to run away or get kicked out. A slowly recovering economy and high unemployment has also added to familial stress, they said.

580x385

Lawrence Herbert, 19, is a part-time cashier at an Evanston restaurant, but he can’t make it to a shelter in time for check-in on the three nights each week that he works.

National Runaway Safeline Executive Director Maureen Blaha said the number of youths in Illinois contacting the hotline steadily increased over the past three years. And every year, more say that they're homeless when they call. Beth Cunningham, a youth attorney for the Chicago Coalition for the Homeless, said shelters she works with turn away children and young adults in increasing and "really disturbing numbers." At The Crib, a shelter for 18- to 24-year-olds in the Lakeview neighborhood, 9 p.m. is a stressful time. That's when the 20 youths who will get beds that night are randomly chosen. On a recent Monday, Lawrence Herbert, 19, originally from Evanston, lucked out. He'd have a place to sleep that night, but that's not always the case.

A part-time cashier at an Evanston restaurant, he can't make it to a shelter in time for check-in on the three nights each week that he works. "There have been nights when I had to sleep on the train, in the cold, or I would like sleep in a park," Herbert said. Herbert said he left home about two months ago after his relationship with his dad had become physically and verbally abusive. Herbert is gay, and he said his dad doesn't accept that. "It was unsafe," Herbert said. "I couldn't live there." More shelters have reached out to the National Runaway Safeline for help when they find themselves overflowing, according to nationwide hotline data. The hotline also recorded an increase in youths who call saying they're homeless over the past decade — from 758 a decade ago to 1,956 in 2012. A slight increase in young people who call saying they're already using shelters over the past year, from 655 to 730, was also recorded.

MORE

DreamWorks founder David Geffen closes on citizenship-renouncing socialite Denise Rich's NYC duplex penthouse for record-breaking $54million | Mail Online

OMG! The hypocrisy of Liberals is never-ending! Two 1%'er one of who has really wonderful breasts, just don't care how many homeless people could be happy in this 5th Avenue penthouse.

Look at that view!

article-2173182-13FDD800000005DC-27_306x423.jpg

This is a nice view too

article-2173182-140C743C000005DC-579_634x422.jpg
Sounds like jealousy to me.
I wonder how much Romney has tied up in his several mansions.

I've often thought if I won a large lottery, I could buy a closed army base or such dwelling and provide residences for the homeless that would be willing to go through drug tests and agree to work to keep the property up and help their neighbors with keep their property up as well.

We could have a nice community with a park where children could play with adult supervision, basketball courts, tennis courts and baseball fields. Weapons and drugs would be banned. Since I would own the land, I could make the rules.

Once the residents got on their feet, I would expect them to get a job and pay 25% of their income for their rent. We would have day care in the community. That would be a paying job, hopefully with a degreed teacher.

Wouldn't that be nice?

I've often thought if I won a large lottery, I could buy a closed army base or such dwelling and provide residences for the homeless that would be willing to go through drug tests and agree to work to keep the property up and help their neighbors with keep their property up as well.

We could have a nice community with a park where children could play with adult supervision, basketball courts, tennis courts and baseball fields. Weapons and drugs would be banned. Since I would own the land, I could make the rules.

Once the residents got on their feet, I would expect them to get a job and pay 25% of their income for their rent. We would have day care in the community. That would be a paying job, hopefully with a degreed teacher.

Wouldn't that be nice?

Excellent idea.

If I won a huge lottery...I would want to do something for those less fortunate as well. I am not jealous that people have a lot of money. But I tend to get disgusted when I see the horrible amount of money being wasted on stupid shit when so many are suffering. How can some people not see what glorious things they could do with that amount of money? It just boggles my mind.

Wouldn't that be nice?

Excellent idea.

If I won a huge lottery...I would want to do something for those less fortunate as well. I am not jealous that people have a lot of money. But I tend to get disgusted when I see the horrible amount of money being wasted on stupid shit when so many are suffering. How can some people not see what glorious things they could do with that amount of money? It just boggles my mind.

Some people just forget about others I guess. But I would believe more would do for others than we really know. I believe most people are basically good.

Wouldn't that be nice?
That sounds very noble and a very philanthropic thing to do. The only problem is that people who are homeless (aside from the mentally ill and the odd runaway) are on the streets because they chose booze or drugs over their family, their friends, their homes and their life. We have to provide them the tools they need to overcome their addictions and reclaim their lives but people don't help themselves unless they really want to. As much as you want to help these people, they have to want to help themselves first.

Wouldn't that be nice?

keep dreaming.

just look at section 8 housing projects.

Wouldn't that be nice?
That sounds very noble and a very philanthropic thing to do. The only problem is that people who are homeless (aside from the mentally ill and the odd runaway) are on the streets because they chose booze or drugs over their family, their friends, their homes and their life. We have to provide them the tools they need to overcome their addictions and reclaim their lives but people don't help themselves unless they really want to. As much as you want to help these people, they have to want to help themselves first.

You are right. They have to want to help themselves first. I must say, my community would have tight screening, more than it appeared in that short synopsis, but in all fairness, it is a mere pipe dream. I wish it could be workable, but it probably isn't.

Forum List

Back