Just talked to my sister in Nevada.

She wants to go to Churchill College. She's 62 and retired. Many seniors want to go back to school and learn something new so they can get a job the are physically able to handle.

The college dropped it's senior discount this year. That means the cost just increased by a factor of "5". I'm going to pay for her college.

You see, government funding for the college was slashed. Republicans don't understand the benefits of education. Without an educated population, without research, innovation or technology, what would we be? What is the plan for the country without those things?

Give rich people tax cuts only goes so far. Then what?
You are a first class brother, and I am happy for your sister that you are granting her such generosity to further her education.

Republicans have some basic problems with education right now. American education began in the Church. Kid beats the teacher up? That kid was thereafter put in the fields to teach her or him a practical skill since physical mauling as a communication means was frowned upon back then. America's first presidents were educated in the church, and public schools started a lot later--from the mid 1800s until 1918, one by one, states added compulsory education to their state's rich tradition of public schools. Now if you send your children to school, your child comes home knowing how to prevent a pregnancy but may not have the maturity to use his or her knowledge. He or she also may come home and announce that he or she prefers their own gender, so someone else will have to raise grandchildren, thank you very much.

Some of us do not receive such violations of our beliefs well, and we think we should have the free choice to educate our children privately so we can enjoy the family experiences our parents provided us.

We're willing to stop funding schools cranking out socially duped children since there really isn't any way we can support what unsympathetic teachers believe instead of what we, the parents believe.

Teachers can't fight the laws either, they have to teach from a curriculum handed to them by those who choose the textbooks. When that isn't parents of faith, anything goes.

We're up to here providing information that would benefit 2% of the student body whilst destroying family for 80% of us who value family.

Since our views do not perpetuate the salaries of teachers whether they freely follow curriculum or do it for the money, our view is highly unpopular with the NEA.

We know this puts us out with the pc crowd, but we love family and wish to have a fulfilling one when we grow old.

True story.

She wants to go to Churchill College. She's 62 and retired. Many seniors want to go back to school and learn something new so they can get a job the are physically able to handle.

The college dropped it's senior discount this year. That means the cost just increased by a factor of "5". I'm going to pay for her college.

You see, government funding for the college was slashed. Republicans don't understand the benefits of education. Without an educated population, without research, innovation or technology, what would we be? What is the plan for the country without those things?

well gee I am sorry dean, I'll have the Liberal Cash Unicorn come shit some money for you so she can go...because you know, they can give everyone everything, so no problem!!!

get a catchers mitt, the unicorn will be there in a minute...

Well there ya go.

Not entirely. Under Obamacare the life expectancy of a person of 62 is measured in hours in the event of illness. Plainly it would be irresponsible to spend any federal money on educating a person whose tax-paying years are limited. It's a predictable response to a program designed to save Social Security through elimination of potential recipients.

Perhaps he meant college in Churchill? Eh...
Rderp has a history of lying to support his insane little rants.

But there are colleges in churchill. You stated there were none. Lying to support HIS insane little rants?
Go back and read what I wrote. I said there is no college called Churchill College...well, outside of England, that is.

And I was right, wasn't I?

Forum List

Back