Just talked to my sister in Nevada.

R

rdean

She wants to go to Churchill College. She's 62 and retired. Many seniors want to go back to school and learn something new so they can get a job the are physically able to handle.

The college dropped it's senior discount this year. That means the cost just increased by a factor of "5". I'm going to pay for her college.

You see, government funding for the college was slashed. Republicans don't understand the benefits of education. Without an educated population, without research, innovation or technology, what would we be? What is the plan for the country without those things?

Give rich people tax cuts only goes so far. Then what?

She wants to go to Churchill College. She's 62 and retired. Many seniors want to go back to school and learn something new so they can get a job the are physically able to handle.

The college dropped it's senior discount this year. That means the cost just increased by a factor of "5". I'm going to pay for her college.

You see, government funding for the college was slashed. Republicans don't understand the benefits of education. Without an educated population, without research, innovation or technology, what would we be? What is the plan for the country without those things?

Was this a federal or a state subsidy?

The college should have scrapped its ManMade Global Warming Department

She should have told them she is a illegal alien.

Was this a federal or a state subsidy?

Whichever it was, it's Bush's fault

According to the news, senior looking for jobs are doing pretty well. Most seniors don't need retirement plans and if they're on Medicare, they don't need healthcare plans, nor pregnancy leaves. This means really big savings for businesses. In addition. seniors have better attendance records than younger workers and they have loads of experience.

According to the news, senior looking for jobs are doing pretty well. Most seniors don't need retirement plans and if they're on Medicare, they don't need healthcare plans, nor pregnancy leaves. This means really big savings for businesses. In addition. seniors have better attendance records than younger workers and they have loads of experience.

Bush's Fault

The ROI on education for seniors is very low.
Your're probably right. Most seniors should highlight their experience and their accomplishments in looking for a job. It's surprising how many younger workers value the experience of older workers. Picking up a few jobs skills is a good idea, but no big educational investment. That's not what employers are looking for in senior workers.

Well there ya go.

The cost didn't increase at all. The best way to teach a liberal how much things actually cost is to make them pay for it themselves. Now you understand why governments are broke.

the people who own the republican party dont want workers educated

Just a quick shout out from reality.

I am a college graduate. My parents didn't pay for it nor did I have a full ride scholarship nor did I have heavy student loans. I attended a State University and worked while I attended. I lived in the ghetto and in particular in a condemned house due to low rent.

I wanted a college education and I got one. In the USA you are free to attend college, but college is not free.

What is it with you guys?

Forum List

Back