Just started The Supranos. What am I in store for? No spoilers please.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Back then I was traveling doing military installations and other commercial jobs so I didn't watch much TV.

I consider Breaking Bad one of my all time favorite shows so how will this compare? I'm on season 1 episode 2 btw so if everyone would keep spoilers to a minimum I would appreciate it.

Thanks

I would rate it even better than Breaking Bad. It contains violence and strong language, but appropriate for the subject matter. Gets a little weak at the end, as most series do.

Back then I was traveling doing military installations and other commercial jobs so I didn't watch much TV.

I consider Breaking Bad one of my all time favorite shows so how will this compare? I'm on season 1 episode 2 btw so if everyone would keep spoilers to a minimum I would appreciate it.

Thanks

The only thing out there that rivals breaking bad.

I think you will like James Gandolfini and over time will find Lorraine Bracco's voice a bit grating.

Thanks

Did you ever notice Breaking Bad has only one black guy on it? He sells Fried chicken and meth. (Seen on Twitter)

For me, all the folks who died in the Sopranos "deserved killin'" . In Breaking Bad, not so much.

JMO.

eta - The psychiatrist thing was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Just binged it a year or so ago after having never seen it.

Great show.

Thanks

An absolutely fantastic show that while it has its slow moments is well worth the binge factor. So many quotable lines and characters.
I'll never look at a metal highway guardrail the same again.

Thanks
Excellent acting, good scripts, and a story line that will keep you coming back. The viewer is left wondering how can an underworld character like Tony Soprano live in an upper middle class neighbor with a great wife and kids and a hard working member of the community. Tony is basically a good guy, generous, kind, and a law abiding citizen except when it comes to business which means graft, extortion, murder, arson, and assault. Just about every cast member has moved on to star in other series and or movies, except for James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano), a great character actor who died in 2013 from a heart attack.

It's okay; it's annoying in that they kept killing off the best characters, though, even in the beginning. You'll what I mean, no need to say more. It fails in that it makes some mobsters sympathetic characters, when in real life none of them are anything but pieces of shit. Breaking Bad was much better acted and directed, but gangster movies and TV series are always going to sell well in America.

Thanks
When one of the gang hazes another of the gang or another a lot of times you will hear one or more of the character spout....."Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Forum List

Back