Just something I noticed during my time on this board.

Wolverine1984

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2012
Israel
I'm sure people who have been here some time used extensively the Wiki values :

What I have come to notice is this little diagram that is present on both pages :

timeline_of_Palestine_Sovereign_Powers.jpg

Just like the title says,it's a time-line of Palestine sovereign powers.

Many times I hear Pro-Palestinian speakers saying "Israel stole Palestinian lands".
However this diagram clearly shows that never in the last 4000 years there was a sovereign entity named Palestine.
Those of you who claim that a Palestinian country existed before Israel are simply wrong ,and this diagram is a proof of that fact.

What I have come to notice is this little diagram that is present on both pages :

Many times I hear Pro-Palestinian speakers saying "Israel stole Palestinian lands".
However this diagram clearly shows that never in the last 4000 years there was a sovereign entity named Palestine.
Those of you who claim that a Palestinian country existed before Israel are simply wrong ,and this diagram is a proof of that fact.

You have been missing the point. Perhaps on purpose.

Those of you who claim that a Palestinian country existed before Israel are simply wrong ,and this diagram is a proof of that fact.[/QUOTE]

Reality can be changed by more reality. There is no Palestinian country and never has been.

But.

There could be if the Arabs who call themselves Palestinians finally work with their entire power to build a Palestinian state rather than spend so much of their time in the futile attempt to destroy Israel.

Click "Watch On Youtube"
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xrnw-yIc9w]The True History of Palestine - YouTube[/ame]

The point is that you always claim that "Palestine always existed" and that "Israel was created within Palestine" and that "Israeli land belongs to Palestine".
Well the fact is that Palestine never existed as a sovereign entity, means all your statements are false.

The point is that you always claim that "Palestine always existed" and that "Israel was created within Palestine" and that "Israeli land belongs to Palestine".
Well the fact is that Palestine never existed as a sovereign entity, means all your statements are false.

Number of times palestine appears in the Bible and Quran: Zero
Number of times Israel appears in the Bible and Quran: 2500

I agree that it is important to be precise in your language ! If you are referring to Palestinian as a political state or country than you are 100% correct. If on the other other had you are referring to a group of people that take their name from the region that they live in say as if a person from Mississippi were to say that they are a southerner than you are 100% wrong. Don't mean to be pedantic, just an observation.

Former PLO Leader Zuheir Mohsen :lol:
The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct Palestinian people to oppose Zionism.
Zuheir Mohsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Click "Watch on Youtube"
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xrnw-yIc9w]The True History of Palestine - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsJjm5K07V0]Who are the Palestinians? - YouTube[/ame]

I agree that it is important to be precise in your language ! If you are referring to Palestinian as a political state or country than you are 100% correct. If on the other other had you are referring to a group of people that take their name from the region that they live in say as if a person from Mississippi were to say that they are a southerner than you are 100% wrong. Don't mean to be pedantic, just an observation.

I don't see how would you get confused.

I don't think that I am confused. If I were to say that Israel has stolen Palestinian ( the people ) land then would I be correct or not

Last edited:

Good observation.

None of the countries carved out of the defunct Ottoman Empire had sovereignty. That does not matter. That is a meaningless point.

What really matters is that Palestine was named and its borders were defined in 1922. All of the people whose normal residence was inside those borders at that time were legally Palestinians. They are the ones who have the right to self determination without foreign intervention.

Anything that happened inside those borders due to foreign intervention, against the will of the Palestinians, violated their rights and is illegitimate.

Israel nut lickers do not get to define what the Palestinians or Palestine is or is not...they can play semantics all they want but the truth is the people have been there long before the Hebrews slaughtered the Canannites,long before oil was discovered and long before oil companies carved out a piece of desert and called it Israel.

Nobody sane claims that Palestine existed BEFORE Israel.

But if that STRAW MAN shows his face here you can beat him up, okay?

Israel nut lickers do not get to define what the Palestinians or Palestine is or is not...they can play semantics all they want but the truth is the people have been there long before the Hebrews slaughtered the Canannites,long before oil was discovered and long before oil companies carved out a piece of desert and called it Israel.

I don't think that I am confused. If I were to say that Israel has stolen Palestinian ( the people ) land then would I be correct or not

You would not be correct because the Palestinian people did not own the land.(And because it was not stolen.)
The land was under British sovereignty, and belonged to the mandate.
The British tried multiple times to divide the land so there would be a peaceful resolution, the last of which was the 1948 partition plan. The partition plan didn't work, so the British left.
The land was no longer under British sovereignty, nobody owned it.
The Arab armies joined in and Israel fought for survival, and in the end of the war controlled a large portion of the land.

Let's say you and I are brothers and our father owns a supermarket.
You and I are constantly fighting about who will get what portion of the supermarket ...
You claim that you are the eldest so you should get the WHOLE supermarket because you where here longer, while I claim that I also deserve a share.
Our father wants to achieve a peaceful resolution and tries to divide the supermarket , but you don't agree to anything father suggests.
Finally, father gets tired and leaves saying he doesn't care anymore and lets us work it out amongst ourselves.

We start fighting, and you call for four big friends of yours to help you kick me out of the supermarket. I somehow manage to kick you and your friends out of the supermarket.

Does that mean I stole the supermarket from you ?

You would not be correct because the Palestinian people did not own the land.(And because it was not stolen.)
The British tried multiple times to divide the land so there would be a peaceful resolution, the last of which was the 1948 partition plan. The partition plan didn't work, so the British left.
The Arab armies joined in and Israel fought for survival, and in the end of the war controlled a large portion of the land.

You and I are constantly fighting about who will get what portion of the supermarket ...
You claim that you are the eldest so you should get the WHOLE supermarket because you where here longer, while I claim that I also deserve a share.
Our father wants to achieve a peaceful resolution and tries to divide the supermarket , but you don't agree to anything father suggests.
Finally, father gets tired and leaves saying he doesn't care anymore and lets us work it out amongst ourselves.

We start fighting, and you call for four big friends of yours to help you kick me out of the supermarket. I somehow manage to kick you and your friends out of the supermarket.

What you say is based on false premise. The mandate was an assistance position not an ownership position. Britain never annexed or claimed ownership of Palestine.

It was not theirs to give away.

The British Mandate
Land ownership under the British Mandate was based on the Ottoman Land Code, with additional legislation adopted during the Mandate. Under the Ottoman Code, land was classified in five categories with provisions for documentation of registration. The two basic types of land were mulk (private lands), and miri (land
leased from the state). While the latter was subject to certain limitations, miri land was inherited, sold, and generally regarded as the land of the user. Under the code, individuals able to prove cultivation of a plot of land for 10 years or more were issued a title of ownership.

As you can see from the above information individual ownership of the land was allowed under the British Mandate. Otherwise how could the Jewish people have purchased land in the Mandate. So you see that your analogy breaks down because in your analogy each of the individuals has certain rights to the same property. That as you can see is not the case Jewish Individuals owned land and Palestinian Individuals owned land and neither of them because of property rights had the legal authority to confiscate or take the others land.

It is interesting however that in your analogy you assign the role of eldest by implication to the Palestinians !

When the Ottoman Empire took over Palestine one of the things they did was to grab all the land from the owners. These former owners then had "land rights." These rights could be bought, sold, or inherited. Of course they had to pay lease to the empire to keep these rights. It was similar to a property tax. Keep paying or lose your land.

At the fall of the empire these lands were ceded to the government of Palestine and ownership was being restored to those who owned the rights.

The British Mandate
Land ownership under the British Mandate was based on the Ottoman Land Code, with additional legislation adopted during the Mandate. Under the Ottoman Code, land was classified in five categories with provisions for documentation of registration. The two basic types of land were mulk (private lands), and miri (land
leased from the state). While the latter was subject to certain limitations, miri land was inherited, sold, and generally regarded as the land of the user. Under the code, individuals able to prove cultivation of a plot of land for 10 years or more were issued a title of ownership.

As you can see from the above information individual ownership of the land was allowed under the British Mandate. Otherwise how could the Jewish people have purchased land in the Mandate. So you see that your analogy breaks down because in your analogy each of the individuals has certain rights to the same property. That as you can see is not the case Jewish Individuals owned land and Palestinian Individuals owned land and neither of them because of property rights had the legal authority to confiscate or take the others land.

It is interesting however that in your analogy you assign the role of eldest by implication to the Palestinians !

Of course individual ownership was allowed under the British Mandate, two points however ,first , who told you that the Palestinian Arabs where the individual owners of all the lands that was not owned by the Jews ?
Second , what happens to individual owned lands after the mandate leaves ?

That as you can see is not the case Jewish Individuals owned land and Palestinian Individuals owned land and neither of them because of property rights had the legal authority to confiscate or take the others land.
You don't seem to differentiate between legal transaction and a war.
Palestinians didn't care much for property rights when they tried to kick the Jews out.

Forum List

Back