Just some opinions

Just a guy

Feb 6, 2006
I have been doing alot of thinking. I believe all postings here are looked upon in a political right/left spectra. I haven't been able to position myself in either way on the whole, rather different in different questions.

The most important issue to me (living abroad) is US foregin policy, because it will affect me and my children deeply. So to really get as close to the bottom that I can, I have spent time reading and doing some posting here.

In the context ove the above I would like to give my opinion about the current standings and where to go next.

I think terror is a bit like cancer. Once detected it must be delt with immediatly. There are a few methods aviable: Surgery, radiation and medicals. The body (being the society) will take alot of punishment here. These methods are by no means good for you in other ways, but they might save you. This being "The war on Terrorism". To reduce the risk of cancer though, a whole different approach must be used. Most of the things that reduce the risk of cancer also has alot of good spin-off effects for the body. Such as excercise, healthy food amongst others.

I get the feeling that many Americans are fighting the decease agressivley right now, not being able to expand their vision. Understandable and also honorable. But the fear is that no one will recognise the point when it is time to cut down on surgery and start preventative actions.

The war on terrorism won't be won like a "normal" (Quite sick?) war. No one will sign a peacy treaty or anything. Opposition will slowly fade. The victory can only be appriciated many years later when we suddlenly can reflect on our peace of mind. And this is NOT naive! This is the way it WILL be, just like the cold war. But we are not there yet and the road might be longer than anyone of us can imagine. Or shorter.

So before you start calling me a war mongering conservative or sissy democrat, remember:
The war on terrorism runs on fuel from the SUM of hate and fear. Ours and theirs. Therefore the maximum effort or total overkill can't end this one. Not passive by-standing or let-go menatllity, only the perfect balance of force, diplomacy and understanding will do.

Just a guy said:
I have been doing alot of thinking. I believe all postings here are looked upon in a political right/left spectra. I haven't been able to position myself in either way on the whole, rather different in different questions.

The most important issue to me (living abroad) is US foregin policy, because it will affect me and my children deeply. So to really get as close to the bottom that I can, I have spent time reading and doing some posting here.

In the context ove the above I would like to give my opinion about the current standings and where to go next.

I think terror is a bit like cancer. Once detected it must be delt with immediatly. There are a few methods aviable: Surgery, radiation and medicals. The body (being the society) will take alot of punishment here. These methods are by no means good for you in other ways, but they might save you. This being "The war on Terrorism". To reduce the risk of cancer though, a whole different approach must be used. Most of the things that reduce the risk of cancer also has alot of good spin-off effects for the body. Such as excercise, healthy food amongst others.

I get the feeling that many Americans are fighting the decease agressivley right now, not being able to expand their vision. Understandable and also honorable. But the fear is that no one will recognise the point when it is time to cut down on surgery and start preventative actions.

The war on terrorism won't be won like a "normal" (Quite sick?) war. No one will sign a peacy treaty or anything. Opposition will slowly fade. The victory can only be appriciated many years later when we suddlenly can reflect on our peace of mind. And this is NOT naive! This is the way it WILL be, just like the cold war. But we are not there yet and the road might be longer than anyone of us can imagine. Or shorter.

So before you start calling me a war mongering conservative or sissy democrat, remember:
The war on terrorism runs on fuel from the SUM of hate and fear. Ours and theirs. Therefore the maximum effort or total overkill can't end this one. Not passive by-standing or let-go menatllity, only the perfect balance of force, diplomacy and understanding will do.

You're a sissy dem.
You're naive.
This cancer is metasticizing right now. Your wait and see and think pretty thoughts approach is grostequely stupid.

rtwngAvngr said:
You're a sissy dem.
You're naive.
This cancer is metasticizing right now. Your wait and see and think pretty thoughts approach is grostequely stupid.

Who ever took you of medicine!?!

If the cancer is metasticizing, I say fight it, and then when it doesn't, stop hurting the body.

And... okay, I'll wait and see... and you will say something like:
- I remeber something I heard... it was something someone said...
- Who granpa'?
- Oh, just a guy... he said that this day would come... when we dont have to be afraid anymore...

And the scene fades to black while a nurse wipes the drool of your chin!

Just a guy said:
Who ever took you of medicine!?!

If the cancer is metasticizing, I say fight it, and then when it doesn't, stop hurting the body.

And... okay, I'll wait and see... and you will say something like:
- I remeber something I heard... it was something someone said...
- Who granpa'?
- Oh, just a guy... he said that this day would come... when we dont have to be afraid anymore...

And the scene fades to black while a nurse wipes the drool of your chin!

That was a weird flash forward cinematic experience. Thanks for that.

What line of work are you in?

rtwngAvngr said:
That was a weird flash forward cinematic experience. Thanks for that.

What line of work are you in?

I used to work for the defence but got sacked. Best thing ever happened, now I am a computer programmer nerd. How about you?

Just a guy said:
I used to work for the defence but got sacked. Best thing ever happened, now I am a computer programmer nerd. How about you?

I'm a full time internet loafer right now. I used to be a computer programmer. Now I can't take any sort of organization control sytem on my psyche. I guess you might say I'm insane.

rtwngAvngr said:
I'm a full time internet loafer right now. I used to be a computer programmer. Now I can't take any sort of organization control sytem on my psyche. I guess you might say I'm insane.

I see myself in a couple of years... I hope and keep it up until I have written that bestseller or something. Then I am going to move to USA, buy me a nice house, and just relax.

Just a guy said:
I see myself in a couple of years... I hope and keep it up until I have written that bestseller or something. Then I am going to move to USA, buy me a nice house, and just relax.

Keep your nose down. SPeak when spoken to. Don't laugh no matter how bold the lie. or follow your bliss...

Yeah. I'm working on mine now. Screenplay though. You gotta have a dream. Insane people gotta have insane dreams.

Said1 said:
Maybe you guys should exchange cards. Colaborate. You never know. :huh:

I don't do collaboration too well. Plus he's an idiot, i mean, his ideas seem untenable considering present circumstances. It's not him, it's the world's lack of verissimilitude regarding his vision.

Mr. P said:
I just saw the movie "Adaptation" last night. Was that you, RWA?

I wish. That guys a millionaire. I have to say the ending sucked. I know he was trying to be "in-joky" by having the movie end with a riduculous crime and car chase "ala hollywood" but he made it hoky and shitty, also like hollywood.

rtwngAvngr said:
I don't do collaboration too well. Plus he's an idiot, i mean, his ideas seem untenable considering present circumstances. It's not him, it's the world's lack of verissimilitude regarding his vision.

Hmm. I'd say it's him, not the world. But whatever.

Said1 said:
Hmm. I'd say it's him, not the world. But whatever.

I just don't want to be accused of a personal attack. I figured it's safer to attack the world, as it can't type to defend itself. see. I'm always two steps ahead of the game.
:thewave:

rtwngAvngr said:
I just don't want to be accused of a personal attack. I figured it's safer to attack the world, as it can't type to defend itself. see. I'm always two steps ahead of the game.
:thewave:

This thread went out of bounds faster than than I could look up all the new words i get to learn by reading your posts. "verissimilitude"? Couldn't even find it in the dictionary.

But i can guess:

It's not him, it's the world's lack of verissimilitude regarding his vision

and i substitute with the only logical choice:

It's not him, it's the world's lack of knowledge regarding his vision

Hey! There it is!

Just a guy said:
This thread went out of bounds faster than than I could look up all the new words i get to learn by reading your posts. "verissimilitude"? Couldn't even find it in the dictionary.

But i can guess:

It's not him, it's the world's lack of verissimilitude regarding his vision

and i substitute with the only logical choice:

It's not him, it's the world's lack of knowledge regarding his vision

Hey! There it is!

The quality of appearing to be true or real. See Synonyms at truth.
Something that has the appearance of being true or real.

It basically means realistic. It's usually used in the context of saying someone's idea isn't realistic. I'm trying to turn it around and blame the world for lacking verisimilitude regarding your ideas. Undertakings of this nature should not be...um .undertaken lightly.

Forum List

Back