Just say no to Lebron and the NBA.

Well balance is often what makes a sports person much better than others, both in basketball and soccer, motor racing and plenty of other things. One thing that makes soccer different to basketball is that soccer is played on grass. Now, having never been a professional playing on a great surface, I can tell you that playing on what amounts to a quagmire makes placing your feet almost impossible and you need all the balance you've got. Basketball is played on a level and hard surface, much easier.
Top level soccer is played on grass but its maintained. I've watched soccer and I have never seen anyone playing in a quagmire. Also that soft surface is way easier on the legs and knees than basketball courts. Also I dont see what difference the surface makes in athleticism? I guarantee you that you wont see a list like this for soccer players that could convert to basketball.

Top 5 NBA Players Who Could Have Played Soccer

Yes, of course, but it can rain, it can be rock hard, it can change randomly.

I'm not saying that basketball doesn't take a high level of athletic ability, however I'm disputing that it's the most athletic simply because it's impossible to actually justify it. You can always come up with different sports with different requirements for athletic ability and you might not be wrong for lots of sports.
I just did justify it. Basketball uses your entire body. Its the ultimate combination of balance, skill, dexterity, power, leaping ability, gracefulness, speed, and stamina. Soccer is a close second but it lacks the hand to eye coordination of basketball. Before you say foot to eye there is a rule in basketball against kicking the ball which most basketball players are extremely adept at.

Yes, you made your case for it and I'm not convinced, so....

So, soccer doesn't require hand to eye coordination, except for goalkeepers, but it required FOOT to eye coordination, which is much harder.

You want to see what some people can do with their feet.

I have disagree with you about soccer players... especially men games.....I dislike soccer because of all the phony injuries...to me a player get hit in the leg and you would swear he should be headed to the hospital for emergency and x-rays and extensive care and one minute later he is up and running like nothing happened. You don't see that kind of phoniness in women's games.

Well, it's a mental part of the game. Yes, most people don't like it, but they're trying to put off the other team.

Well balance is often what makes a sports person much better than others, both in basketball and soccer, motor racing and plenty of other things. One thing that makes soccer different to basketball is that soccer is played on grass. Now, having never been a professional playing on a great surface, I can tell you that playing on what amounts to a quagmire makes placing your feet almost impossible and you need all the balance you've got. Basketball is played on a level and hard surface, much easier.
Top level soccer is played on grass but its maintained. I've watched soccer and I have never seen anyone playing in a quagmire. Also that soft surface is way easier on the legs and knees than basketball courts. Also I dont see what difference the surface makes in athleticism? I guarantee you that you wont see a list like this for soccer players that could convert to basketball.

Top 5 NBA Players Who Could Have Played Soccer

Yes, of course, but it can rain, it can be rock hard, it can change randomly.

I'm not saying that basketball doesn't take a high level of athletic ability, however I'm disputing that it's the most athletic simply because it's impossible to actually justify it. You can always come up with different sports with different requirements for athletic ability and you might not be wrong for lots of sports.
I just did justify it. Basketball uses your entire body. Its the ultimate combination of balance, skill, dexterity, power, leaping ability, gracefulness, speed, and stamina. Soccer is a close second but it lacks the hand to eye coordination of basketball. Before you say foot to eye there is a rule in basketball against kicking the ball which most basketball players are extremely adept at.

Yes, you made your case for it and I'm not convinced, so....

So, soccer doesn't require hand to eye coordination, except for goalkeepers, but it required FOOT to eye coordination, which is much harder.

You want to see what some people can do with their feet.

I have disagree with you about soccer players... especially men games.....I dislike soccer because of all the phony injuries...to me a player get hit in the leg and you would swear he should be headed to the hospital for emergency and x-rays and extensive care and one minute later he is up and running like nothing happened. You don't see that kind of phoniness in women's games.
You sound like a moron. What does faking an injury have to do with athleticism? Youre all over the place. Focus.

He thinks he is the King. If you believe that then bow to his greatness. The league is over anyway. You may as well ship the trophy to Golden State now and save everyone the ticket costs. B-O-R-I-N-G

NBA = No Basketball Attendance.
:finger3::finger3::finger3::finger3::finger3::finger3:

I've quit both the NFL and the NBA. I'll quit others too if and when they decide to start trashing our country.

He thinks he is the King. If you believe that then bow to his greatness. The league is over anyway. You may as well ship the trophy to Golden State now and save everyone the ticket costs. B-O-R-I-N-G

NBA = No Basketball Attendance.
:finger3::finger3::finger3::finger3::finger3::finger3:

I've quit both the NFL and the NBA. I'll quit others too if and when they decide to start trashing our country.
I'm sure they miss you. Who are you again? :laugh:

Its great being a NBA fan. Best athletes on the planet.

What I hate about the NBA is the great athleticism throughout the game and then they get to the last 2 minutes it is painfully like watching paint dry.
Shit thats the best part of the game to me. You ever play basketball on a competitive level? I did. Thats where the men step up and prove themselves. The refs typically swallow their whistles unless something is really flagrant and you cant be soft. I'm telling you there is nothing like playing the last 2 minutes of a close game. I didnt make the NBA but I bet its even more intense.

Of the sports I have played, Boxing is by far the most demanding. In addition to the movement, the entire body must be tensed in order to mitigate the harm of received blows. Three minutes in a ring is an eternity. Any top level boxer who can go 12 rounds is a world-class athlete. I'd say more so than a basketball or soccer player.

LeBron is the best. basketball player on the planet, and has shown himself to be a real, classy, adult for many years. He makes decisions based on his own best interests...does that make him "selfish"? Hardly.

He is entitled to his opinions, and from what I've heard, they are reasonable (even though I disagree). It is ironic that he who never went to college, shows himself more intelligent and more "educated" than most of his peers on a regular basis.

Forum List

Back